Accused of stealing today!

jc650

Reaction score
Was out with 2 friends for 18 at a rural course in my area today when it happened. Tee off on the 2nd hole and the 4th hole comes back at us on the right side. My tee shot ends up in the right rough between the fairways of the 2nd and 4th fairways. Now I see a cart coming towards me and its two guys maybe in there late 60's and one asks if I have seen their ball, then they ask what Im playing and wont say what they are playing. I tell them Im playing a Srixon and havent seen any other balls. They just drive off and as I would find out later from my friend made some sort of comment.

Fast forward to the 9th hole which is a par 5 and has hole 10 coming back at it. We are 30 yards from the green and none of our balls are near here and here comes this cart with the same 2 guys. This time they pull up and one asks "what happened to the ball this time?" One of us responds that we havent seen any balls that werent our own and "what do you mean,this time?". The guy then says how twice we have been in the spot where his ball disappeared. At this point Im fuming mad and I ask the guy if hes accusing us of stealing his ball. He responds that "yes he is". I respond in a raised voice that he can look in my bag and that Im offended by his comment. At this point he still wont say what ball hes playing but I show him the ball in my pocket that clearly wasnt his. Now neither one will say anything as they can clearly see that I am truly pi$$ed off and they just drive off. As it turns out there was a ball about 50 yards down our fairway that was probably theirs and even after we drove to the green to tell them they wouldnt apologize or anything. Of course none of us took the balls either time and I know it does happen but to accuse someone when you have no idea where your ball is, well that is truly ignorant.

Just had to go off about the first 2 ignorant people Ive had the pleasure of dealing with on a golf course. I deal with enough at work! :at-wits-end:

Idiots are everywhere. Get used to it.

I cant believe you stole their ball and then lied to them. I kid

Idiots are everywhere. Get used to it.

I know that, but accusing someone of stealing is serious so I would make sure I was 100% sure before I made a statement like that.

What a douche, but then again, there isn't any sort of criteria to get on a golf course...

Colour me surprised it took so long for you to meet ignorant people on the course.

last month I was playing with myself and I joined up with a twosome. Two holes later they're getting into a fight with the foursome in front of us. The foursome is eyeing me up like I'm a threat as well.
I teed off, said "i'm playing through" left all 6 of them to beat each other up.

I had the same thing happen to me years ago , and every since then I mark every ball in my bag . That way like you , I can have them look if they want to , I rarely ever pick up a ball on the course , I leave that to the ball mongers that seem to think every ball they see is fair game ...... LOL

All the guys I have been playing with know my mark , and this sunday one guy threw me a ball and I looked at it and it was a ball of mine that I lost a week or so earlier , as it had my work logo on it ........ Ha ha ha

Unfortunately there are those selected few that happen to be meanies...I've learned to just never pick up stray balls period! The BF got yelled at and almost had a fight with someone whose ball ended up in our fairway and he just turned it to see what it was and the guy accused him of taking his ball. Idiots are everywhere :angry: Now on the other hand, no one will claim that I took their ball, unless they want a pink one, LOL!! Oh and the guy's ball that the BF glanced at was a Precept. He shouldn't be playing a ladies ball haa haa haa

You didn't happen to be at Gold Mountain Golf Course did yah.........

Same thing happened to me a few months back, guy seriously tried to fight me. I was shocked! Some people just think every ball is theres, he felt like a real A-hole when he realized he ran over it with his cart. I then proceeded to ask for an apology....hehe

Unfortunately there are those selected few that happen to be meanies...I've learned to just never pick up stray balls period! The BF got yelled at and almost had a fight with someone whose ball ended up in our fairway and he just turned it to see what it was and the guy accused him of taking his ball. Idiots are everywhere :angry: Now on the other hand, no one will claim that I took their ball, unless they want a pink one, LOL!! Oh and the guy's ball that the BF glanced at was a Precept. He shouldn't be playing a ladies ball haa haa haa

Precept isn't just a lady's ball.... only the Lady IQ is a women's ball. They make regular balls too (although the retail buyer for the pro shop told me that the Laddie is being discontinued. Doesn't really matter since it was just a Lady with different markings) .... :golf2:

dude I applaud you for not relocating his head to his rectum. I think we've all had something similar happen eventually, sad but true.

last month I was playing with myself and I joined up with a twosome. Two holes later they're getting into a fight with the foursome in front of us. The foursome is eyeing me up like I'm a threat as well.
I teed off, said "i'm playing through" left all 6 of them to beat each other up.

:silly::shut-mouth:

to the OP... man there are some uptight ppl on the course

That's just too funny to read!!

Now.. to stay on topic... I've had a guy walk up to me and say "don't even think about it, I'm watching you" as I walked past one of his balls (or a ball that he found) on the way to my ball... I gave him no attention and kept walking to my ball. If he does not want me near his ball, maybe he should stay in his fairway!

that is messed up. Where abouts in Western NY was it? I've played a bunch of courses in the western part of the state

my brothers used to laugh at me when i would sharpie a giant dollar sign for my mark until they were accused of picking up someone elses in the rough

that is messed up. Where abouts in Western NY was it? I've played a bunch of courses in the western part of the state

Its a farm turned golf course in Alden,N.Y. called Kis n Greens. Easy off the tee and wide open, but small greens. Its a nice relaxing round and you can get 18 done in 2 hours if you try. The price was $10 today with a cart, its usually 28.

Lucky for the idiot that accused us that Im easy goin, next time he might run in to someone thats not.

Its a farm turned golf course in Alden,N.Y. called Kis n Greens. Easy off the tee and wide open, but small greens. Its a nice relaxing round and you can get 18 done in 2 hours if you try. The price was $10 today with a cart, its usually 28.

Lucky for the idiot that accused us that Im easy goin, next time he might run in to someone thats not.

Can't beat that deal. I know abouts where Alden is, out near Darien Lake area. I used to have to go to Buffalo/Cheektowaga/Depew a bunch for work. Also worked in Batavia for a little while

Never had anyone accuse me of taking their ball but a guy I play with on occasion always says "they better not pick my ball up" everytime someone rides past where his ball is. I'm always amazed at the attitudes of people on golf courses though, I'm there to relax and have a nice day out.

Can't beat that deal. I know abouts where Alden is, out near Darien Lake area. I used to have to go to Buffalo/Cheektowaga/Depew a bunch for work. Also worked in Batavia for a little while

You are correct close to Darien Lake on the Erie/Genesee Co. border. Cheektowaga is my home town.

I cant believe you stole their ball and then lied to them. I kid

That makes two posts in the last 5 minutes I seriously LOL'd over!

A few years back I had a guy say that I stole his PW that he had left on the green we had just left. I gladly took him over to my cart and took out my PW handed it to him then told him if he could use it is was his. It was at that moment that he realized I was a lefty. I took the club back and calmly walked away. I love when guys blast the ball all over hell an half acre then swear that someone picked up their ball. Congrads on keeping your temper in check.

man someone stole my ball about 7 times this saturday.I didn't catch em cause the rough the balls landed in was too high or the woods they landed in where too thick.

Last edited:
man someone stole my ball about 7 times this saturday.I didn't see em cause the rough they landed in was too high or the woods they landed in where too thick.

We have a couple creeks where we play where guys hide inside the hazard line and come out grab your ball and take it into the hazard. Sounds like you're dealing with the same kind of behavior.

Bastards.

Kevin

Something similar happened to me a couple of weeks ago. On the 2nd hole I hit my approach about 20 yards left of the green and couldn't find it . Well, my playing partner finds it after a couple of minutes and I proceed to hit onto the green.

Just then some guy comes driving up and asks if I had hit his ball and I replied that I hadn't. He gives me this look that says that I'm lying but drives off. I mark all of my balls with orange dots, 3 on each side so there is no mistaking what ball I'm playing.

Back