The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah something like that. I see online Phillips and Garrett have both admitted they screwed that up.

The other thing that got old was all the forced plays to Bryant. It obvious they were going to get him the ball at all cost and most of the plays were no gain WR sideline screen type plays. They called him spiderman in camp for his catches down field not on the line of scrimmage.

they threw a TON of short passes yesterday. I agree, they tried to get him involved at all costs

Lol poor guy. He seems to be getting the brunt of it from Cowboys fans I know. But some of my friends also questioned the holding call so I'm not sure how much stock Ill put in that.
He was in Dallas. I guess now he is for the rest of the league...hehe

The holding call at the end of the game? That wasnt holding it was assault lol. Watch the video of it and you see him heading right for Mr. Happy feet. I think Romo gets creamed if Barron doesnt grab at him.

I understand wanting to get a receiver involved but I hate those short screens that arent set up. Ron Turner was the king of that last year. You knew when Hester lined up what the play was. No disguise. Frustrating as a fan. Better off letting Bryant do his thing. If he is as good as most of us think, he will open up a lot of other players too.
Yeah something like that. I see online Phillips and Garrett have both admitted they screwed that up.

The other thing that got old was all the forced plays to Bryant. It obvious they were going to get him the ball at all cost and most of the plays were no gain WR sideline screen type plays. They called him spiderman in camp for his catches down field not on the line of scrimmage.

The holding call at the end of the game? That wasnt holding it was assault lol. Watch the video of it and you see him heading right for Mr. Happy feet. I think Romo gets creamed if Barron doesnt grab at him.

Yeah, I don't normally blame O-linemen for holding penalties. I blame O-linemen for missing the block, which requires that kind of mugging to save the QB's life.

I remeber an announcer commenting early that the Cowboys were calling extremely quick routes early on perhaps to mask their lack of confidence in the O-line. I think that turned out the be the case. If they can work out the bugs there then they'll be very tough to beat this season.

I got t'd up in a high school bball game for using that move on someone trying an uncontested layup. I was in the game for 7 seconds and picked up a T...coach didn't like that too much

Lol yeah. I pointed out to my friend Barron was trying to choke the guy out. He said after viewing it from multiple angles he could see the call ... I'm not 100% on the game of football but wow it was obvious.

I do see why he did it too. Hoping to get away with one and really the only thing he had left to do.

Because being a QB is about good decision making and NOTHING good can come out of that pass. It was a terrible pass with no time remaining because once again, he did not think. He does this 3-5 times every single game. That was one of the worst decisions I have seen by a QB all day. What was the RB going to do wiht no time on the clock? Run 50 yards while every defender was downfield because it was a hailmary? Of course not. Only bad things can happen and they did happen. That was not on the play call, a hail mary was called. It was on Romo.

I still dont understand how this is on Romo? Ok a played was called doesnt mean he has stick with whats called right? In this instance a hailmary was called, he not wanting to throw it down field in case of some crazy thing happening decides to just dump it off to his back just ending the half, but instead choice gets striped of the ball, how in the world is that romo's fault?

And I disagree that wasnt the worst decision all day, the throwing into quadruple coverage at the end of the game was, and the game should have ended on that play but cb dropped the ball.

You could not be any more wrong in this situation. Garrett did not call a check down. Its the end of the half with one last play. Either heeve it or take the knee. Who cares if its a pick, its a hail mary, nobody runs one back for 6. Its a freaking jump ball. But then poor Romo's stats would not look as pretty. He would not want that. That was NOBODY's fault except Romo and the RB. But the RB should never have been put in the situation.
So what if garrett didnt call a check down? Doesnt mean you can check down the ball if the situation calls for it. Im sure garrett called a few plays to take a chance down the field but romo dumped it off. I mean look at it this way, say its in the middle of the game not near halftime and romo checks the ball down and rb fumbles, whos fault is it? the rbs, romo cant hold onto the ball for him (and we all know he doesnt do a god job of holding onto it himself)

Clearly everyone was covered on that play so instead of forcing it he just dumps it off to his rb, the play should have never been called and you even said this yourself so if they play shouldn't have been called, how is it Romo's fault for choice fumbling the ball?

I think Romo should have either thrown it as far as he could, covered or not, or just fallen down.

I still dont understand how this is on Romo? Ok a played was called doesnt mean he has stick with whats called right? In this instance a hailmary was called, he not wanting to throw it down field in case of some crazy thing happening decides to just dump it off to his back just ending the half, but instead choice gets striped of the ball, how in the world is that romo's fault?

And I disagree that wasnt the worst decision all day, the throwing into quadruple coverage at the end of the game was, and the game should have ended on that play but cb dropped the ball.

So what if garrett didnt call a check down? Doesnt mean you can check down the ball if the situation calls for it. Im sure garrett called a few plays to take a chance down the field but romo dumped it off. I mean look at it this way, say its in the middle of the game not near halftime and romo checks the ball down and rb fumbles, whos fault is it? the rbs, romo cant hold onto the ball for him (and we all know he doesnt do a god job of holding onto it himself)

Clearly everyone was covered on that play so instead of forcing it he just dumps it off to his rb, the play should have never been called and you even said this yourself so if they play shouldn't have been called, how is it Romo's fault for choice fumbling the ball?

Its at the end of the half hail mary. There is NO reason under ANY circumstances to use a check down receiver. NONE! If it is during any other part of the game, they live to fight another day. But it wasnt. It was a terrible play call and a TERRIBLE decision. Dumping a pass play off to the RB during a hail mary play can have NOTHING good come out of it. Throw it away, kneel down, or heave it down field.

There is NO situation that a half time hail mary play call needs a check down. NONE!

And I never said it was Romo's fault for fumbling the ball. I said it was Romo's fault for making a terrible decision to put his RB in that place. It was a HORRIBLE play call and a TERRIBLE decision by the QB. Nothing good can come out of a check down with time expiring.

I mean here is a quote from Wade phillips saying it was HIS FAULT and that they should have taken a knee.

Dallas Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips acknowledged he should have had the offense take a knee right before halftime instead of running a play, according to Todd Archer, of The Dallas Morning News. Instead, QB Tony Romo flipped the ball to RB Tashard Choice, who fumbled and led to a return for a touchdown. "That's my fault before the half," Phillips said. "We should've taken a knee ... the right thing to do was go in 3-0 and we didn't do that. Now, you catch the ball with four seconds left you don't need to make an extra yard or two. Get down with the ball." [QUOTE/]

Its at the end of the half hail mary. There is NO reason under ANY circumstances to use a check down receiver. NONE! If it is during any other part of the game, they live to fight another day. But it wasnt. It was a terrible play call and a TERRIBLE decision. Dumping a pass play off to the RB during a hail mary play can have NOTHING good come out of it. Throw it away, kneel down, or heave it down field.

There is NO situation that a half time hail mary play call needs a check down. NONE!

And I never said it was Romo's fault for fumbling the ball. I said it was Romo's fault for making a terrible decision to put his RB in that place. It was a HORRIBLE play call and a TERRIBLE decision by the QB. Nothing good can come out of a check down with time expiring.

bridges, you will lose this debate because you have to be the only one here who doesnt see it being on romo....not being mean buddy

I mean here is a quote from Wade phillips saying it was HIS FAULT and that they should have taken a knee.

Dallas Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips acknowledged he should have had the offense take a knee right before halftime instead of running a play, according to Todd Archer, of The Dallas Morning News. Instead, QB Tony Romo flipped the ball to RB Tashard Choice, who fumbled and led to a return for a touchdown. "That's my fault before the half," Phillips said. "We should've taken a knee ... the right thing to do was go in 3-0 and we didn't do that. Now, you catch the ball with four seconds left you don't need to make an extra yard or two. Get down with the ball." [QUOTE/]

Of course Phillips is going to say that...what's he going to say "We called Hail Mary, it could have worked if our QB threw the ball down the field."

I don't like the play call, I didn't like the decision by Romo, and Choice can you please hang on to the damn ball

and I'm not a Romo hater...the Cowboys are my team and I own a Romo jersey

Romo moves up in the pocket, d-lineman chasing him from behinde and sees choice drifting off to the side of him after he picks up a block and just tosses it to him about 3 yards before he crosses the line of scrimmage. Not to mention that there on there own 35 yardline trying to run a hailmary play? I mean come on who runs a hailmary play from 65 yards out to try to end halftime? That was no way romo's fault.

Say romo throws a bomb down the field and it gets picked off and returned for a td, is it his fault again?

Romo moves up in the pocket, d-lineman chasing him from behinde and sees choice drifting off to the side of him after he picks up a block and just tosses it to him about 3 yards before he crosses the line of scrimmage. Not to mention that there on there own 35 yardline trying to run a hailmary play? I mean come on who runs a hailmary play from 65 yards out to try to end halftime? That was no way romo's fault.

Say romo throws a bomb down the field and it gets picked off and returned for a td, is it his fault again?

You take the sack or throw it away. You NEVER use a checkdown on an end of the half or game play. Just like you never use you quick out. Because if there is a problem, its a pick 6. And Hailmarys DONT get returned for TD's. They are jump balls. It does not happen.

It was a terrible playcall and even worse execution.

Im at a loss how you DO NOT see how NO GOOD can come out of hitting a check down receiver at the end of the half play. You win, your right, Romo is the man! It was a smart play that way he can get another completion, and look like the best in the league with his stats. I give up.

bridges, you will lose this debate because you have to be the only one here who doesnt see it being on romo....not being mean buddy
im not trying to win/lose anything. Just dont understand how its romo's fault for thrown a little pass to his rb. Hell look at the video its not like he expected choice to break 11 tackles, he starts walking after he throws the ball to go in for halftime. Thats all he was trying to do was get to halftime.

Of course Phillips is going to say that...what's he going to say "We called Hail Mary, it could have worked if our QB threw the ball down the field."

I don't like the play call, I didn't like the decision by Romo, and Choice can you please hang on to the damn ball

and I'm not a Romo hater...the Cowboys are my team and I own a Romo jersey

Well they did call a hail mary so they were hoping it was going to work. Should have just called a knee and ended it.

here is the video for everyone to watch again.

Its about risk. Sometimes the called play breaks down and the QB needs to think for himself. At that moment you have to balance your desire to have a big payoff with preventing a big disaster. So what were his options? The lowest risk options are throw it away or slide. No risk and no payoff. Next is heave it down field into the scramble. Low chance of payoff but almost no chance of disaster. I've never heard of a pick-six on a hail mary, such a thing is completely undocumented as far as I know. Throwing an backhanded laterial to your RB? Probably the riskiest thing possible and virturally no chance of points. Favre alone had probably half a dozen of these go for 6 the other way .

If its the last play of the half and you have no chance to score then you should at least never give the other team a chance to score. I see what you're saying, it was bad luck and it was the RB's fault, etc. But Romo had a decision to make and he chose the riskiest thing possible and the thing with least chance of scoring.

haha I just was about to add the video when Romo steps up in the pocket he should have heaved it down field or slid and called it a half. There is plenty of blame for this play to go around

You win, your right, Romo is the man! It was a smart play that way he can get another completion, and look like the best in the league with his stats. I give up.

Seriously JB? why was there any need for you to say that? Im not pissed or anything at all or even trying to be a smart@ss, but you dont have to say all that and say you give up. Come on man its just a conversation no need for you to be like that.

im not trying to win/lose anything. Just dont understand how its romo's fault for thrown a little pass to his rb. Hell look at the video its not like he expected choice to break 11 tackles, he starts walking after he throws the ball to go in for halftime. Thats all he was trying to do was get to halftime.
i know buddy, i just dont think the cowboys expected Romo to check down

Seriously JB? why was there any need for you to say that? Im not pissed or anything at all or even trying to be a smart@ss, but you dont have to say all that and say you give up. Come on man its just a conversation no need for you to be like that.

Because its like beating a deadhorse. I said my piece and NOW I give up. Hardly a smartass thing by the way. It was explained to you by about a dozen people. YOu want to believe its not on Romo, go for it.

watching the replay, I don't even think it was a forward pass to choice, which makes it even riskier

Theres two arguments here or two points. One, the coaches should have never called at play from their own 35. Take your kneel down and go game plan for the second half. Whats that you say Wade? Whats a game plan? Seriously? Two, Romo made a poor decision with the ball. I think that pretty much covers it.

I was feeling better about the Cowboys when they were battling back, that play could have made them roll over and play dead after that. Good to see that they had some fight in them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back