Taylormade Burner 2.0 Irons & THP Testing

Favre watch had nothing on Burner watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'd seen it before. This is new. Fresh. Unstoppable excitement. lol.

I took a Vacation day off work Friday , and went to The Golf Warehouse here in Wichita ,Ks , and they had a set out on the TM rack . I picked one up and looked at it , very nice looking club , but the look reminded me of the Callaway X-24Hot's , especially the cavity back .
I am in the market for new clubs , but need to wait till after next year to see what NEW stuff comes out from other makers . I sure want to pull the trigger on a new set , but I think its best , as I am looking towards a hybrid set ( Callaway Edge ) , they make hitting the long irons SO easy !

I took a Vacation day off work Friday , and went to The Golf Warehouse here in Wichita ,Ks , and they had a set out on the TM rack . I picked one up and looked at it , very nice looking club , but the look reminded me of the Callaway X-24Hot's , especially the cavity back .
I am in the market for new clubs , but need to wait till after next year to see what NEW stuff comes out from other makers . I sure want to pull the trigger on a new set , but I think its best , as I am looking towards a hybrid set ( Callaway Edge ) , they make hitting the long irons SO easy !

Were you able to hit them? I have to say I am a little shocked they had them out. No stores are supposed to have them out until 10/15. We know a few will jump the gun by a little bit, but a full month.

Were you able to hit them? I have to say I am a little shocked they had them out. No stores are supposed to have them out until 10/15. We know a few will jump the gun by a little bit, but a full month.

Are they even shipping to stores yet? That does seem WAY early.

Are they even shipping to stores yet? That does seem WAY early.

A few stores got them the day I did, but its a little weird. Sales Reps place orders for most stores. Sales Reps did not have them on their sell sheet until Thursday of last week. Our local stores said they wont even have them in stock until a little after the 1st.

But sure, some stores could have them, I just cannot believe they would put them out. Not a smart move....Unless it was TM's doing as a display to get people buzzing. But it just KILLS any sales of the 09 Burners.

We'd seen it before. This is new. Fresh. Unstoppable excitement. lol.

The Unstoppable Wait

A few stores got them the day I did, but its a little weird. Sales Reps place orders for most stores. Sales Reps did not have them on their sell sheet until Thursday of last week. Our local stores said they wont even have them in stock until a little after the 1st.

But sure, some stores could have them, I just cannot believe they would put them out. Not a smart move....Unless it was TM's doing as a display to get people buzzing. But it just KILLS any sales of the 09 Burners.

And Wichita of all places to start a buzz? Sure I could understand doing it in one of the highest grossing stores but would that be in KS? Seems odd.

And Wichita of all places to start a buzz? Sure I could understand doing it in one of the highest grossing stores but would that be in KS? Seems odd.

I call this hiding in plain sight. No one would think to check a KS store for a violation if this is accurate

Yes they were the 2.0 burners and no I did not hit them , but on their site they have an add for "Pre Order Now" , they may just have the demos out just to have something for people to look at and hit .
I know they are one of the top on-line sellers , and they started right here in Wichita , and it was packed with people at 11:00AM Fri. , was as busy or busier then when I have been in there on a Saturday or Sunday .
Maybe I should of took a Sneek Phone Camera photo for proof :D
Heck who wants last years models . ;)

Yes they were the 2.0 burners and no I did not hit them , but on their site they have an add for "Pre Order Now" , they may just have the demos out just to have something for people to look at and hit .
I know they are one of the top on-line sellers , and they started right here in Wichita , and it was packed with people at 11:00AM Fri. , was as busy or busier then when I have been in there on a Saturday or Sunday .
Maybe I should of took a Sneek Phone Camera photo for proof :D
Heck who wants last years models . ;)

Were they letting anyone hit them? If so go hit those bad boys and let us know what you think.

Another range testing and another day that I am liking these irons. As many of you know, I was not a big fan of the 09 version based solely on the fact that I felt as though the feel was not very good for me. These have a very different feel. They feel less brick like and less harsh. I also love the dual color topline. At setup your eyes really only focus on the lighter color and for some that prefer thinner toplines, this will be a great feature.

The color contrast with the face is really sharp looking.

Another range testing and another day that I am liking these irons. As many of you know, I was not a big fan of the 09 version based solely on the fact that I felt as though the feel was not very good for me. These have a very different feel. They feel less brick like and less harsh. I also love the dual color topline. At setup your eyes really only focus on the lighter color and for some that prefer thinner toplines, this will be a great feature.

*sigh*

another range session for JB. thanks for the feedback. i didn't mind the feel of the 09 burner so i really can't wait to get my licks in with the 2.0's. i would still like some pics of the shaft if you wouldn't mind.

edit: and maybe some pics of the face now that you have a couple of range sessions under your belt.

*sigh*

another range session for JB. thanks for the feedback. i didn't mind the feel of the 09 burner so i really can't wait to get my licks in with the 2.0's. i would still like some pics of the shaft if you wouldn't mind.

That's what she said! lololol

*sigh*

edit: and maybe some pics of the face now that you have a couple of range sessions under your belt.

YOu have to keep up man. See post 135 for a shot of the shaft.

As for wear, here ya go. This is after 2 range sessions both in the short grass and thick rough. Hey look at that, no marks on heel or toe. My game must be on...hehe

1007558666_F2xPh-L.jpg

looks a lot like the wear on the 24's except for the lighter surface area...perfect!
YOu have to keep up man. See post 135 for a shot of the shaft.

As for wear, here ya go. This is after 2 range sessions both in the short grass and thick rough. Hey look at that, no marks on heel or toe. My game must be on...hehe

1007558666_F2xPh-L.jpg

looks a lot like the wear on the 24's except for the lighter surface area...perfect!

That is merely from a flash hitting it. Does not wear like the CG7 BPs or the X-24s. Minor scuffs is all.

doh! didn't see that post, must've been working or something. thanks for the reference, i do appreciate it. kinda stepless, kinda not, i like it. man, those pics in post #135 are sick! thanks

btw, nice to see you hitting the ball in the center of the club face.

FIFY...
doh! didn't see that post, must've been changing OEM's avatar again or something. thanks for the reference, i do appreciate it. kinda stepless, kinda not, i like it. man, those pics in post #135 are sick! thanks

btw, nice to see you hitting the ball in the center of the club face.

I cant wait to hit these btw, I hit a buddy of mines Burners about 2 weeks ago. I only hit it one time and damn if I wasnt 3 inches from a hole in one. Oh, and it was with a Chromax...hehe

Ok guys, lets keep it on topic. Thanks.

So thanks and I have pretty much decided as soon as we arrive at WPB, were going to the range with the Burners. Need to get to know each other and Im talking about the Burners lol

So thanks and I have pretty much decided as soon as we arrive at WPB, were going to the range with the Burners. Need to get to know each other and Im talking about the Burners lol

i think i may join you.

Back