Taylormade Burner 2.0 Irons & THP Testing

That's great to hear jb. Can't wait to do some testing myself.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

geez I shouldn't even bring my gear, just take out whats left...haha

For those that asked about wear....Good news....

They show almost NONE! I suppose if you hit it off the toe or heel badly the black might show, but I toed one today "on purpose" and it did not leave a mark.

I'm getting different stories from golf shops around the bay area (CA) but does anyone have a date as to when these are going to be on shelves at stores? Thanks!

I'm getting different stories from golf shops around the bay area (CA) but does anyone have a date as to when these are going to be on shelves at stores? Thanks!

October 15th.

how about the Williamses? as good as they look?
Had a nice range session with these today. Took out a few sets of irons.

Burner 2.0
WIlliams FW32
Ping S56
Ping K15

In my opinion the Burners are very similar to the 09 Burner in distance and ball flight. But I have to say that they are WAYYYYYY Better in the feel department. They also appear to be more forgiving on the thick and thin shots. Catching the ball a groove or two low or high causes NO noticeable difference in flight or distance. Something I have not seen too often.

They show almost NONE! I suppose if you hit it off the toe or heel badly the black might show, but I toed one today "on purpose" and it did not leave a mark.

Thats excellent news.

Any idea as to how TM's graphite shafts are? Are the stiff shafts as advertised or do they play more to a regular flex. After playing graphite for awhile now I've come to really enjoy the feel of them. This is in relation to purchasing the 2.0's so it's still on topic.

I have not tried the graphite yet DG.

Talked about this with JB on Friday and to date I still don't think I've seen this posted here yet. For those of you who read the entire first post of this thread, aside from the THP Testers getting the Burner 2.0's to test, why do you think that OEM and TC were given Burners to test as well. Give up? No not their looks. Here's one of the reasons, Look at the current clubs they're playing. Make no mistake about it, Taylormade is going after a big piece of the equipment pie that is irons. The end result of the competition between these two companies is best effort at creating top notch clubs which ultimately translates into better product for the consumer. This should be a very interesting, especially with the offerings coming out from 'the other co' later this year and early next year.

Talked about this with JB on Friday and to date I still don't think I've seen this posted here yet. For those of you who read the entire first post of this thread, aside from the THP Testers getting the Burner 2.0's to test, why do you think that OEM and TC were given Burners to test as well. Give up? No not their looks. Here's one of the reasons, Look at the current clubs they're playing. Make no mistake about it, Taylormade is going after a big piece of the equipment pie that is irons. The end result of the competition between these two companies is best effort at creating top notch clubs which ultimately translates into better product for the consumer. This should be a very interesting, especially with the offerings coming out from 'the other co' later this year and early next year.

Agreed. Now that was never mentioned to us of course though. Just a hunch.

you're right, let me clarify a bit. My post is just a guess on my part and nothing was ever said to THP along those lines. But I think it's the elephant in the room so to speak
Agreed. Now that was never mentioned to us of course though. Just a hunch.

you're right, let me clarify a bit. My post is just a guess on my part and nothing was ever said to THP along those lines. But I think it's the elephant in the room so to speak

Yeah, it would be a rather strange coincidence wouldnt it

The elephant in the room is my nasty issue of "short and right" that seems to have just cropped up at the worst possible time. Maybe the 2.0's can help me fix that!

I know Ive spoken with two of the seeders about this very elephant. Im sure TM knows exactly what theyre doing. They want the number one iron crown.

i thought that i was selected b/c i'm awesome?:confused2:

nah, it seems pretty clear that the success of the burner in 2009 is something that TM is very proud of, and i their #1 competitor is callaway. imo, it's smart to target fellas who play callaway sticks. it says a couple of things to me:

1. we know that our product can outperform theirs
2. when you find that out for yourself, you'll tell it to the masses.

i like that kind of confidence.

*this is purely speculation on my part*

that's awesome news... thanks for the udpate... :D

Question - The Burner 2.0 AW, SW, and LW are not mentioned as part of the "unstoppable 8." Are these clubs also individually engineered like the 3 through PW? Do the AW, SW, and LW have unique CG locations, face thicknesses, head designs, shaft kick points, etc...?

Question - The Burner 2.0 AW, SW, and LW are not mentioned as part of the "unstoppable 8." Are these clubs also individually engineered like the 3 through PW? Do the AW, SW, and LW have unique CG locations, face thicknesses, head designs, shaft kick points, etc...?

According to TM, all of the clubs are.

I checked out the website and am curious about one thing. Part of the technology of the new clubs is that the shafts a individually designed for each club, i.e., different kickpoints. However, I also notice that other custom shafts are available as well. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the technology built into the clubs?

I checked out the website and am curious about one thing. Part of the technology of the new clubs is that the shafts a individually designed for each club, i.e., different kickpoints. However, I also notice that other custom shafts are available as well. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the technology built into the clubs?

I think like anything else custom, that they assume that if a person is going with custom options that they have been fitted and know exactly what shafts work best for their swing.

Today I officially start the Burner Watch. I will go home and look for the package and hope to see it on the front porch.

I cant wait to swing these babies. Looking forward to the THP reviews and the Q and A's. I think TM and THP selected the right people to review and speak to the masses. These guys are good.

Today I officially start the Burner Watch. I will go home and look for the package and hope to see it on the front porch.

Favre watch had nothing on Burner watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back