What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went back to my ZStarX and I was a happy man. In white or yellow, these balls just please a fellow.

my last round I played a couple balls, mainly a ProV1 or Prov1x. I just like them because I know what to expect out of them. Have yet to find a ball I like better. The Penta is a nice ball, but hard to find around here. And by find I mean, find on the course for free ;)

We've just done a ball test at the magazine and I can categorically say that the Srixon Z Star is the best ball on the market. It led in every stat - driver distance, driver spin, driver launch, wedge feel, wedge spin, and putter feel. If it was more durable (the cover rips off after less than nine holes in my experience) it would be unbeatable (in my eyes, of course). Anyone else use this? What do you think?

We've just done a ball test at the magazine and I can categorically say that the Srixon Z Star is the best ball on the market.

In my opinion there is NO one ball that is the best on the market. Golf balls perform differently for different players and swings. A golf ball should be fit for someone just as any other piece of equipment. If someone struggles with spin off the tee, the Z-Star could cause problems for them, where as the Bridgestone e6 might not. It also comes down to being able to compress a ball properly. All things lead to having the right ball for EACH golfer, and not a "best ball"

In my opinion there is NO one ball that is the best on the market. Golf balls perform differently for different players and swings. A golf ball should be fit for someone just as any other piece of equipment. If someone struggles with spin off the tee, the Z-Star could cause problems for them, where as the Bridgestone e6 might not. It also comes down to being able to compress a ball properly. All things lead to having the right ball for EACH golfer, and not a "best ball"

This.

That said, the Z Star is a really, really, really good ball (for me). :)

What other balls did you compare it too?

I love the ZStar but I've found it actually to more durable than most other balls for me. Kinda sucks it was shredding up that fast on you.

We've just done a ball test at the magazine and I can categorically say that the Srixon Z Star is the best ball on the market. It led in every stat - driver distance, driver spin, driver launch, wedge feel, wedge spin, and putter feel. If it was more durable (the cover rips off after less than nine holes in my experience) it would be unbeatable (in my eyes, of course). Anyone else use this? What do you think?

I love the ZStar but I've found it actually to more durable than most other balls for me. Kinda sucks it was shredding up that fast on you.

The ZStar is by far the most durable tour level ball I have ever used in my experience.

I love these golf balls. I wasn't sure if I had the swing for them at first but found maybe 3/4 I do haha. Wish I was more consistant because they are bombers with the perfect amount of spin around the green for me.
Went back to my ZStarX and I was a happy man. In white or yellow, these balls just please a fellow.

:bulgy-eyes:

I love these golf balls. I wasn't sure if I had the swing for them at first but found maybe 3/4 I do haha. Wish I was more consistant because they are bombers with the perfect amount of spin around the green for me.

Yeah such a great ball for me too, Straight when I want them to be off my superfast, Easy to work with the irons and even to stick to the green with a low-ish trajectory(altho the green dosent fair well, looking like an mine just exploded)

Lol. This happened to me last Sunday. I wasn't sure if I could repair the damage!!

Yeah such a great ball for me too, Straight when I want them to be off my superfast, Easy to work with the irons and even to stick to the green with a low-ish trajectory(altho the green dosent fair well, looking like an mine just exploded)

I agree, but this is not based on me alone - we had four writers, three pros, and 10 regular golfers and this came out as the overall best. I agree that the only way to get the right ball for you is to go on a launch monitor, but the numbers don't lie and the Z Star was incredible for so many different players.

We had the manufacturers send in their full lines so there was in excess of 70 different models.

The ZStar is by far the most durable tour level ball I have ever used in my experience.

It must be the grooves on my clubs because all three Z Star models have cut up significantly when I have used them.

Nice! How did the Wilson Staff line do? Sorry I happen to be in love with the Zip and Tx4.
We had the manufacturers send in their full lines so there was in excess of 70 different models.

I agree, but this is not based on me alone - we had four writers, three pros, and 10 regular golfers and this came out as the overall best. I agree that the only way to get the right ball for you is to go on a launch monitor, but the numbers don't lie and the Z Star was incredible for so many different players.

And of course it was the overall best for THEM. But there is no BEST ball. If there was, everybody would flock to it. I have a launch monitor and have been fitted for a golf ball. The Z-Star is a great ball, but it was NOT the best for me in many situations. Just like it will not be the best for tons of other golfers. I love SRI sports and their products, but a blanket statement like that is what some other companies have been doing for years and frankly it does a disservice to amateur golfers.

It is important to note that when THP does its shoot outs, it is very quick to point out that there is NO best, but rather finding the right product for the person is all about numbers and finding what works best for YOU.

To say "I can categorically say that the Srixon Z Star is the best ball on the market" to me is just not a fair statement because there are going to be tons of golfers that it could actually hurt their game quite a bit by playing the wrong ball.

It must be the grooves on my clubs because all three Z Star models have cut up significantly when I have used them.

I have conforming grooves on my irons and I have non-conforming grooves on my CG15's. What wedges are you using?

And of course it was the overall best for THEM. But there is no BEST ball. If there was, everybody would flock to it. I have a launch monitor and have been fitted for a golf ball. The Z-Star is a great ball, but it was NOT the best for me in many situations. Just like it will not be the best for tons of other golfers. I love SRI sports and their products, but a blanket statement like that is what some other companies have been doing for years and frankly it does a disservice to amateur golfers.

It is important to note that when THP does its shoot outs, it is very quick to point out that there is NO best, but rather finding the right product for the person is all about numbers and finding what works best for YOU.

To say "I can categorically say that the Srixon Z Star is the best ball on the market" to me is just not a fair statement because there are going to be tons of golfers that it could actually hurt their game quite a bit by playing the wrong ball.

I couldn't agree more. Perhaps my initial comment was a bit strong. As I said in my last reply, I realise that the launch monitor is the only way to go, and we make that very clear in our ball test.

Played my first nine holes with the recommended e7 last night. Chewed up the cover a bit more than I am used to, however, I guess that's how these things work..

I am a bit concerned about the ball flight.. I didn't feel like it was any more piercing than the e6 I've been playing.

played a callaway diablo ball today... i really like this ball... shot 4 over coming in with it

I liked that ball. Got a free sample from a Golf galaxy customer appreciation night. It was soft to me for a distance ball.

played a callaway diablo ball today... i really like this ball... shot 4 over coming in with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I liked that ball. Got a free sample from a Golf galaxy customer appreciation night. It was soft to me for a distance ball.

i had no clue it was supposed to be a distance ball... but i did pop a few past 230(my avg)

Yeah when the callaway rep told me that I was expecting a rock. To my surprise it was quite pleasant haha.

So glad your game is comimg around man.

i had no clue it was supposed to be a distance ball... but i did pop a few past 230(my avg)

i played today, armed with the bridgestone e5.....i've been so pleased with the results from the b330rx that i was hesitant to put these into play but i was given a sleeve and thought, what the heck? i must say, i was very pleased with this ball. as many of you know, i hit a high ball, and although this ball is to promote a higher ball flight, i had no issues with ballooning or anything. it was solid off the tee, fantastic off the irons and i had no issues getting it to hold these greens today (by far the hardest and fastest greens i've played this year). now i'm torn, i won't lie. i had my absolute best round of golf of my life today and i'm pretty sure that this ball had something to do with it.

Spoiler
i shot even par 70! 1 eagle, 3 birdies and 5 bogeys! i was 3 under standing on 14 tee and started getting nervous. bogeyed 3 of the last 4 but i don't care.....new career low!

Great Round until you had to go all Pale Rider on the 14th....HAHA. Just kidding, that is a fabulous round of golf.

I too really like the e5 ball. It is my failsafe when I am not playing as well as I should. It does promote a high ball flight, but it does not balloon on my either. The urethane cover offers plenty of spin for me around the greens as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back