Minor Announcement

Congrats!

Congratulations Andy….very happy for you.

Can you give us some of your insight behind the split iron selection? I realize that to some extent it’s obvious. The longer clubs selected should offer more consistent performance while choosing blades for the scoring irons should offer better feel. Wondering if you could share more specific details of how you worked your way to that choice. I almost made the same decision within a different brand of irons and eventually decided against it (not to suggest that anything I do is remotely similar in context when compared to what a professional player would do).

Congrats Andy!

congrats on your signing and looking forward to hearing great things about you.

Man I can't wait to see how you like the new gear! I love those TW VR Blades and hope to be able to have a couple in my bag one day. That One Tour D is a slick ball too. Happy for you man!

Congrats! I think in the comparison thread we matched Nike with Alfa Romeo, lots of style and flashes of brilliance. Not a bad place to be! Nike is lucky to have you on board.

Great news man, you deserve it! I hope it leads to many a success!

Congrats Andy! I'll be sad to see those beautiful Nickent Arc Blades go, but this is great news.

There was a question about how and why I went with the split set. On the launch moniters I have much better numbers in the long irons with the split cavities. Meaning I launch the ball a touch higher with a touch less spin. For me that translates to 5-7 yards longer with the split cavity versus the blades and I was also more accurate with the split cavity long irons. Working through the set the 7 iron in the blades is where my numbers were better with the blades. I must also say I was looking for a touch more forgiveness in the longer irons and the split cavities really delivered. For me it was the numbers game while looking to have the best yardage gapping and the added forgiveness with more accuracy was hard to argue with.

congratulations andy!!! i'm sure this is a well deserved honor for yourself. looking forward to meeting you in a couple of weeks. thanks for keeping us posted.

congratulations andy!!! i'm sure this is a well deserved honor for yourself. looking forward to meeting you in a couple of weeks. thanks for keeping us posted.

He He -- I am looking forward to playing with him in a couple of weeks!

Very cool news Andy!!! Congrats!!!! Cant wait to see all your gear in a couple weeks

I'll add to the congrats. That's awesome news! Sounds like a sweet set of sticks you'll be getting.

I was on staff with Nike at the beginning of last season, played the VR Blades/wedges, Dymo Driver and Fairway. The 2011 line-up looks great, just go the catalog for the new stuff in at my shop.

Congrats Andy! Well deserved.

There was a question about how and why I went with the split set. On the launch moniters I have much better numbers in the long irons with the split cavities. Meaning I launch the ball a touch higher with a touch less spin. For me that translates to 5-7 yards longer with the split cavity versus the blades and I was also more accurate with the split cavity long irons. Working through the set the 7 iron in the blades is where my numbers were better with the blades. I must also say I was looking for a touch more forgiveness in the longer irons and the split cavities really delivered. For me it was the numbers game while looking to have the best yardage gapping and the added forgiveness with more accuracy was hard to argue with.

Amen bro...I use the split Cav 3-4 and I absolutely love the feel of them.

Back