My UPRO ... Might as well be a brick!

So far I've yet to find a course that wasn't on the upro. Guess I've been lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far I've yet to find a course that wasn't on the upro. Guess I've been lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sales lady at Golf Warehouse showed me all the courses in my region and most were covered, so I thought I was good to go. She also talked about their customer service and speed of getting others covered after requesting. One course I play needs remapped, the other has not been done by them at all yet. Still no reply, but on the road for now. Guess I'll call again tomorrow from home, lol.

Upro has very few of my courses either. I really wanted that unit too.

I've been pretty happy with the courses for the uPro, but I had one that I requested that still isn't available (I've had mine 1 1/2 years). Luckily I never really play that course.

I've had real good luck with GolfLogix. I'm still able to download and load courses still, and I've had it almost two years (one year subscription).

I downloaded every course that I have ever played (that I can remember), and the few that were missing I requested and they were mapped within a couple weeks of asking.

Still no reply from Callaway on my issue. This is a bit frustrating. :at-wits-end:

Frustrating for sure. Guess I expected more than CALLAWAY could deliver! Not so much as a call back.

Frustrating for sure. Guess I expected more than CALLAWAY could deliver! Not so much as a call back.

yeah me too. Too busy to reply to an email?? Just my luck that the course I play the most has a corrupt file.

yeah me too. Too busy to reply to an email?? Just my luck that the course I play the most has a corrupt file.

I think I'll send a link to this thread so they can see 3 pages, (so far), of updates about NO updates.

very good idea Sir!

hey if they hook you up with free schwagg keep me in mind... help a brudda out w00t:banana:

hey if they hook you up with free schwagg keep me in mind... help a brudda out w00t:banana:

Lol, at this point I'll be surprised to hear from them. At any rate, I don't think the Upro has a subscription? You have to pay for courses after the first few and like $20 for the stats option, which all in all is a good deal IMHO, if you can use the courses in their list.

It seem's they must not spend any time on THP!

duey, i have one word for you:

ONPAR

im talm bout if they send you a few free upros... hahaha

duey, i have one word for you:

ONPAR

Wish I would have tc, but I paid over $300 for this thing and seriously doubt I could take it back now.

im talm bout if they send you a few free upros... hahaha

Now your talking, why would I need more bricks, lol. JB say's it will work at the outing in Florida at least.

throw them bricks my way

I've had real good luck with GolfLogix. I'm still able to download and load courses still, and I've had it almost two years (one year subscription).

I downloaded every course that I have ever played (that I can remember), and the few that were missing I requested and they were mapped within a couple weeks of asking.

I have been very happy with GolfLogix too. More than 2 years and still going strong. Courses are added promptly when requested, and courses which I already had are reviewed and updated as required with emails sent out if it's one that I've downloaded. I got an email yesterday that they've updated one of the courses I downloaded.

The trouble is that you don't really know who is in charge at UPro. Just because it has the Callaway name, I doubt that the golf club division has anything to do with it. Since Callaway purchased UPro, all that probably happened is that they added their name to the existing product, but the hardware is still made by the same GPS manufacturer and the software and course updates are still done by the same facility as before the sale. I would bet that Callaway has very little to actually do with the day to day operations because this simply isn't their area of expertise. It appears to be a mistake on their part because something like this can certainly give a blemish to their reputation for good service.

I've had my Upro for a couple of years and am completely happy with it. Their customer service was great before Calloway bought them out. My first unit was defective and they sent me a new one immediately, no questions asked.

I haven't had any interaction with them since Calloway took over.

I have been very happy with GolfLogix too. More than 2 years and still going strong. Courses are added promptly when requested, and courses which I already had are reviewed and updated as required with emails sent out if it's one that I've downloaded. I got an email yesterday that they've updated one of the courses I downloaded.

The trouble is that you don't really know who is in charge at UPro. Just because it has the Callaway name, I doubt that the golf club division has anything to do with it. Since Callaway purchased UPro, all that probably happened is that they added their name to the existing product, but the hardware is still made by the same GPS manufacturer and the software and course updates are still done by the same facility as before the sale. I would bet that Callaway has very little to actually do with the day to day operations because this simply isn't their area of expertise. It appears to be a mistake on their part because something like this can certainly give a blemish to their reputation for good service.

I'm sure that's the case. When I called I was told that he would call the mapping department, so it's likely another division entirely. I made the mistake of basing my opinion on what I had heard of Callaway.

I've had my Upro for a couple of years and am completely happy with it. Their customer service was great before Calloway bought them out. My first unit was defective and they sent me a new one immediately, no questions asked.

I haven't had any interaction with them since Calloway took over.

I'm glad you are happy with yours. I am sure it's a great unit all around and blame myself more than anything in picking this knowing they didn't have the main course I play. I really expected that like many others I would be able to request my course and see it mapped within a short time. From what I can tell, they pull these up on Google or some type of satalite mapping and base their distances off these. I've pulled up the same google mapping and measured distances to specific spots, but Upro may not feel the quality they are seeing fits their unit, I have no idea.

At this point I am just tired of messing with it and will likely just let them do it in their own time. I'm like a lot of my own customers, I pointed out what I was lacking with their product for my personal needs and they chose not to take care of the issue. I won't keep complaining, I just won't go back.

Wohoo, they got'er done! Crooked Creek Country Club is now mapped, thanks Callaway.

No email or notice of any kind, I just happen to re-check again this afternoon and ya baby.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Well, they got the course mapped, but the accuracy is way off, lol. I'm talking 30 yards off. I just do not understand.

You can hit the "Mark" button and measure to front or center of the green and the difference is that far off. The other courses I've tried were dead on, just not this one so far.

Well, they got the course mapped, but the accuracy is way off, lol. I'm talking 30 yards off. I just do not understand.

You can hit the "Mark" button and measure to front or center of the green and the difference is that far off. The other courses I've tried were dead on, just not this one so far.

Now you know why I have a laser too. Not only is it dead on every time for any object I can see, but it can also be a double check for suspicious readings from a GPS. My GolfLogix is spot on for the most part, but it doesn't tell me the whole story, so I supplement it with the laser.

===== QUOTE Smallville ====

===== /QUOTE ====

===== QUOTE thedue ====

===== /QUOTE ====

Now you know why I have a laser too. Not only is it dead on every time for any object I can see, but it can also be a double check for suspicious readings from a GPS. My GolfLogix is spot on for the most part, but it doesn't tell me the whole story, so I supplement it with the laser.

I've only used a lazer a couple times and your right about accuracy if you can see the target. The Upro has been accurate else where, just not this course.

I hate to think they did a poor job of mapping, I think possibly there is a problem with the location? Sounds weird, but I also had problems mapping this course myself on a phone app. Google claims there was drift? No idea!

Just a bump in case someone big with Callaway happens to show up, lol. Still no updates to the courses I requested way back in late May/ early June??? One course was mapped for me and the coordinates are way off.

Come on guy's, we could see snow in just over a month up here.

Back