Idea for Future THP Golf Outings

you and the wifey have a place to stay at Casa de Hanks if needed....

Sweet! I'm also hoping to take a tour of OEM's box room lol.

THP will continue to have 1-2 national outings per year here in FL that will include some sort of demo day function.
QUOTE]

Plan on seeing me at least once each year! What I really like about Florida is that it is easy convince significant others/family to go there. There is so much to do besides golf. I was able to sneak up to Sarasota for a day/night in April even though that wasn't the original vacation plan.

And like I just said, we love when people have outings. We think they are a great way to meet people. THP will continue to have 1-2 national outings per year here in FL that will include some sort of demo day function.

If people would like to have group outings outside of that, we are all for it, but THP as a whole, cannot be a part of that and setting it up due to responsibility and liability.

I am speaking solely for myself here JB but if there were an outing out here in SoCal, I would not expect you to be involved in doing al the leg work and setting it up and such. I would just want you and GG to attend and enjoy your time. You do enough for this site that you deserve a little vacation time as well.

I am speaking solely for myself here JB but if there were an outing out here in SoCal, I would not expect you to be involved in doing al the leg work and setting it up and such. I would just want you and GG to attend and enjoy your time. You do enough for this site that you deserve a little vacation time as well.

While that is honorable, all I can tell you at this point, is that THP Outings will include demo days in some form or another. We cannot say whether or not with our schedules and traveling this upcoming year where we could make another outing or if we could make another outing. But unless we are hosting it for liability reasons, we cannot call it a THP Outing. Sorry.

We are all for get togethers and want people to do them and have them.

I would as well, but I think it is a huge draw for people that haven't been before. Hell, I'm thinking of making an East Coast trip next summer just to see all of you freaks lol.

I'm good with doing an east coast trip as well...granted I'm only up in Albany, NY.

Let me add one thing to this. We know the reason people want to have outings in different places is for the travel expense. We completely understand that and know the expense of going to outings. We try and find venues that keep the costs down and pair that with some great demo days as well as dinners and fun contests to make it worth peoples while.

While we know finances play a role in these decisions, we think our outings are unique enough that people will travel for them. We however completely understand if the expenses of traveling across the country can make that not workable. For that, we tell people to put on group outings if they choose to and get to know fellow THP'ers. Its a great way to meet some great folks.

However at this time because of liabilities, and the demo days set the way we think people will enjoy them most, we will not be having a THP Sponsored outings outside the state of FL. If that changes, everybody here will be the 1st to know and we are not closed to the idea. But at this time if asked, our outings will be held in FL due to many different factors.

Rhino, I think also as far as accessibility to golf, cost of travel (airfare, car), and weather there's very few places that can accommodate that better than Florida (Vegas is the other place I can think of). I think that the get togethers will work out in themselves (heck I'll be there in a few days and I've already contacted you and others). I think what JB was also saying is that we can't put the "official THP" stamp on those because of what 'could' happen.

Back