Idea for Future THP Golf Outings

I'm always interested in learning, especially about golf equipment. I'm not a big fan of being inside a conference room. Would much rather have something on the range in the sunshine. Similar to clinics that I've seen pros do (via youtube). I spend too much time inside.

Also, on of the big draws to the outings, aside from the people, really is the opportunity to be a kid in a candy store with equipment. I would hate to see that diminished in any way.

Also, I only used TM as an example of an 'expert teacher' and nothing has been confirmed. JB and I were just brain storming a little bit. In no way are we looking to make the THP Golf Outing an infomercial for any specific OEM not named Kevin

What about having a pro or a few of them there to take a look at swings and give tips?

What about having a pro or a few of them there to take a look at swings and give tips?

We have that at this outing already. Saturdays demo day will include our THP Pro andy helping golfers.

Thought I'd throw this out there to see what kind of reaction it gets....just another crazy T Hanks idea/thought. For the next Outing that THP has, would anyone like to have a specific vendor show up and conduct a seminar specific to their brand in addition to all the other equipment available to hit?

For example, would it be of interest or worthwhile to have say Taylormade show up on one of the days for half the day and provide training, quick fittings, swing analysis, Q&A, and demo their current gear (clubs, apparel, etc.) Again, this would be in addition to being able to hit the customary plethora of equipment normally found at a THP Outing.

I'm always interested in the nitty gritty of why/how a certain thing works/is made. I'd be in for this.

We have that at this outing already. Saturdays demo day will include our THP Pro andy helping golfers.

Figures! Just another thing I get to miss!:angry:

I went to a seminar at Myrtle Beach a few years ago given by Callaway. It was mandatory and part of the trip for the discounted rate. I thoroughly enjoyed it! It was about an hour long and they covered all of their products and then we went to the range to demo their clubs and balls. They even had a ball fitting and gave us guys swing tips.

Does that mean you won't be able to make it to the outing?

It's not looking good. I'm trying to finagle some things around to make it happen. I know I will be off at work but I'm sure I can get off. I just need to make sure before I make reservations. If I go I will make reservations by Thursday.

C'mon Degoins, I need another Broncos fan there to cheer with against the Seapigeons.

I would go to any of these outings if there were workshops or other educational events... knowledge is power :D

Well if you don't have OEM's there you can do them during demo days so it'll give us a break from the range, so long as it's not dragged out. I even like a panel of experts to answer questions during the dinner so we can do Q&A and even speak to them face to face. Like I said, just as long as it's not information overload since we would be losing the message. Love the ideas though and maybe we can experiment with Andy this outing and see how an "info session" could be worked into the demo day.

I like that idea, dont want to lose range time like tc and many others stated earlier. I am not much into a "classroom" setting.

Maybe an event like this would allow those "other companies" who up to this point have been unwilling to take part in this to step up and be available.

I am sure that some of these "other" companies would step up if there were some more people going. I am in sales, I travel to places and send educational stuff out all the time. numbers mean everthing. So the more people we can get to these THP events, the better. These demo days are going to be awesome and even maybe a little overwhelming....but I dare say that if attendance was up more that other companies would prob jump on in a heart beat. JMHO

I dunno T, i think JB has mentioned it is there policy that they do not do things like this. I too am in sales to and yes numbers mean everything but they are sticking to their policy. This is a way of approaching it from a different diection when such a policy might not exist.

I dunno T, i think JB has mentioned it is there policy that they do not do things like this. I too am in sales to and yes numbers mean everything but they are sticking to their policy. This is a way of approaching it from a different diection when such a policy might not exist.

Different kind of sales though. Yeah, numbers mean everything in sales. Mine is number of people. Not accounts, contacts, etc. When I travel to do a show, we have a minimum that we will travel for. I am not by any meanssaying thta these companies do as well. But I am saying that if there were mor epeople involved that others may jump on or be more willing ot send stuff to demo. I agree with you that some companies just have a policy against it. I guess the point I was trying to make is that we need to make sure we have good numbers at these outtings. For THP and for us.

Different kind of sales though. Yeah, numbers mean everything in sales. Mine is number of people. Not accounts, contacts, etc. When I travel to do a show, we have a minimum that we will travel for. I am not by any meanssaying thta these companies do as well. But I am saying that if there were mor epeople involved that others may jump on or be more willing ot send stuff to demo. I agree with you that some companies just have a policy against it. I guess the point I was trying to make is that we need to make sure we have good numbers at these outtings. For THP and for us.

And I totally agree with you on that point.

I hope Thanks does not mind my asking another question on this thread to get conversation going ( and if so I apologize up front) .

Would people attend an outing with no demo day involved? Just big get togethers to meet, play some golf and eat and drink. I know many of us have arranged smaller regional outings, but would a national one be of interest to any or is it the draw of swinging the clubs that brings people to the outing? Perhaps2 outings per year, one in Florida with the demo days and the giant THP wheel. And the other rotating around the country, perhaps in warmer climates in the winter (like Vegas or California as mentioned or maybe even Texas or Arizona) or in midwest or carolinas or Northeast or nortwest in the spring or summer. Just tossing it out there.....

I am sure that some of these "other" companies would step up if there were some more people going. I am in sales, I travel to places and send educational stuff out all the time. numbers mean everthing. So the more people we can get to these THP events, the better. These demo days are going to be awesome and even maybe a little overwhelming....but I dare say that if attendance was up more that other companies would prob jump on in a heart beat. JMHO

Every company is there demo product wise except 1. Even if it is only one product, we will have every company (major companies) there in some capacity except one.

I hope Thanks does not mind my asking another question on this thread to get conversation going ( and if so I apologize up front) .

Would people attend an outing with no demo day involved? Just big get togethers to meet, play some golf and eat and drink. I know many of us have arranged smaller regional outings, but would a national one be of interest to any or is it the draw of swinging the clubs that brings people to the outing? Perhaps2 outings per year, one in Florida with the demo days and the giant THP wheel. And the other rotating around the country, perhaps in warmer climates in the winter (like Vegas or California as mentioned or maybe even Texas or Arizona) or in midwest or carolinas or Northeast or nortwest in the spring or summer. Just tossing it out there.....

The demo day is an extra part, but isnt this exactly what it is? The national THP Get together?

People can have outings and giant ones at that, but when it comes to the THP sponsored events, we are not sure we would do them without some form of demo day. That was the reason THP was founded. To rip through the marketing and living a golf lifestyle.

Every company is there demo product wise except 1. Even if it is only one product, we will have every company (major companies) there in some capacity except one.

The demo day is an extra part, but isnt this exactly what it is? The national THP Get together?

People can have outings and giant ones at that, but when it comes to the THP sponsored events, we are not sure we would do them without some form of demo day. That was the reason THP was founded. To rip through the marketing and living a golf lifestyle.

I bet I can guess what the Title-is of the co. lol

I for one would still show up if there wasn't a demo day. That is just an extreme side benefit of meeting fellow THP'ers over golf, food/drinks, fun.

I bet I can guess what the Title-is of the co. lol

I for one would still show up if there wasn't a demo day. That is just an extreme side benefit of meeting fellow THP'ers over golf, food/drinks, fun.

same here thanks, but demo day is so awesome!!!

I would as well, but I think it is a huge draw for people that haven't been before. Hell, I'm thinking of making an East Coast trip next summer just to see all of you freaks lol.

Yes JB of course it is a national THP get together. I did not mean to suggest it wasn't. But with it in Florida it might prohibit some of the members from getting to these events due to costs of travel. That is all I am saying. And wasn't that also a reason the site was created and is as successful as it is, those that come here and contribute.

you and the wifey have a place to stay at Casa de Hanks if needed....
I would as well, but I think it is a huge draw for people that haven't been before. Hell, I'm thinking of making an East Coast trip next summer just to see all of you freaks lol.

Yes JB of course it is a national THP get together. I did not mean to suggest it wasn't. But with it in Florida it might prohibit some of the members from getting to these events due to costs of travel. That is all I am saying. And wasn't that also a reason the site was created and is as successful as it is, those that come here and contribute.

And like I just said, we love when people have outings. We think they are a great way to meet people. THP will continue to have 1-2 national outings per year here in FL that will include some sort of demo day function.

If people would like to have group outings outside of that, we are all for it, but THP as a whole, cannot be a part of that and setting it up due to responsibility and liability.

If you do, let me know I would make it as well.

Back