The Winter Olympics

Just watched the four man bobsled team win gold for the USA! One guy was from shelby, Nebraska population 690 people. Not too far from me. Go USA!!!

usa may have the most medals, but canada has the most GOLDS!!!!!

Canadians have the most elite medalists, the USA have a bunch of second bests.

(im only kidding. were canadian, we are second best to you guys every other week of every other year)

GO CANADA

usa may have the most medals, but canada has the most GOLDS!!!!!

Canadians have the most elite medalists, the USA have a bunch of second bests.

(im only kidding. were canadian, we are second best to you guys every other week of every other year)

GO CANADA

Hey, I'm pulling for Canada as well. They are really rocking this year and it's great to see. But, having a guy from a small Nebraska town close by me get the gold is just cool as heck. Our local news is going nuts already, lol.

Hey, I'm pulling for Canada as well. They are really rocking this year and it's great to see. But, having a guy from a small Nebraska town close by me get the gold is just cool as heck. Our local news is going nuts already, lol.

ya no doubt! thats unreal!!!

a gent that went to my university won gold in skeleton, jon montgomery. I was a little disappointed with the lack of school spirit. But us canadians dont have the NCAA spirit, which is extremely disappointing.

ya no doubt! thats unreal!!!

a gent that went to my university won gold in skeleton, jon montgomery. I was a little disappointed with the lack of school spirit. But us canadians dont have the NCAA spirit, which is extremely disappointing.

Sounds like tomorrow will be the big shoot out with the Canadian/USA hockey game. I'm not much for the sport, but will try to watch that one. Any idea what time?

Duey:
The ESPN Streak game says 3:15 ET.

I'm watching the Bronze medal hockey game. I never watch hockey!

3-1 Slovakia. They even scored a short hand goal.

I'm the same way and found myself watching it as well. I think it was a Slovakian player got a high stick in the back of the head and went down for a minute. In slow-mo it looked wicked.

I'm the same way and found myself watching it as well. I think it was a Slovakian player got a high stick in the back of the head and went down for a minute. In slow-mo it looked wicked.

I think it was the Slovakian player that did it, duey. Then they scored their third gaol short-handed. Finland is starting the third in the power play.

I think it was the Slovakian player that did it, duey. Then they scored their third gaol short-handed. Finland is starting the third in the power play.

LOL, thats how much I know about it. I've been to a game in Wichita and met a bunch of the players last year at a golf trip, but know very little about hockey.

Finland must have had some kind of half time talk!

Bobsled is cool to watch (for awhile), but I have issues with an Olympic sport where the equipment is more important than the "athletes." The announcers keep talking about the technology that makes it the most aerodynamic and the fastest sled in the world. Even the driver talks about just letting it run.

I can't think of another Olympic competition where the equipment plays a bigger role than the athlete.

Team skating? I never noticed that one before. Kind cool.

Ice dancing next. Time to change the channel.

Glad to see some of you guys who never watch hockey watching it tonight. Tomorrow's game should be awesome, and hopefully attract some more fans to the sport. Both the US and Canadian teams are made up entirely of NHL players, so hopefully you guys can find someone you like and maybe start following the regular NHL season.

Not only does Canada has the most gold medals, but their gold ratio is 52% (13/25) thus far.

Go Canada!!

Ice dancing next. Time to change the channel.

And by changing the channel you mean watching it, right?

That Czech/Finland game was great. The Czech really had a way of hanging in there till the end in these games. It was great seeing Handzus having a strong Olympics, hopefully he brings it when the Kings get in the playoffs.

And by changing the channel you mean watching it, right?

If by "it" you mean the Harry Potter movie ABC, then yes.

Spoiler
I still have more man card left than the dudes who watched ice dancing!

Bobsled is cool to watch (for awhile), but I have issues with an Olympic sport where the equipment is more important than the "athletes." The announcers keep talking about the technology that makes it the most aerodynamic and the fastest sled in the world. Even the driver talks about just letting it run.

I can't think of another Olympic competition where the equipment plays a bigger role than the athlete.
I have another 'problem' with bobsledding and luging: The track is so artificial! I want to see these guys sled down a real mountain!

I have another 'problem' with bobsledding and luging: The track is so artificial! I want to see these guys sled down a real mountain!

They showed pictures of the old course last night from when the US team last won gold. Looked like they just shoveled out a track down the mountain with curves. Pretty cool, but I hard to do now as fast as they go.

Spoiler
I still have more man card left than the dudes who watched ice dancing!

When I got home and turned on the tv last night I saw the Canadians ice dancing to " Everybody Dance Now". It was pretty obvious with their attitudes that these were the real trouble makers in the Olympic Village.

Back