WM Phoenix Open [Spoilers]

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great field and on day 1, Villegas went nuts shooting a 62. Guess he is making up for that short miss last week. Nice to see him back a little bit.

Quiros is a bomber. He doesn't come out here too often, so I am hoping he makes the most of it and does well.

I think Villegas is a little steamed over missing that 2 footer that would have sent him to the finals! He was that close!! Tough break for the kid, good to see him bounce back though.

Glad to see Camillo jumping right into the mix right on the first day. I hope he holds the lead the whole tournament.

I think Villegas is a little steamed over missing that 2 footer that would have sent him to the finals! He was that close!! Tough break for the kid, good to see him bounce back though.

Yeah he really dropped the hammer on the pedal today. Even though he might single handedly cause my demise in fantasy golf, I'll cheer for him since he's a Gator. Go Gators!!!

So glad to see Camilo doing well.
Last year was a bummer.

Great field and on day 1, Villegas went nuts shooting a 62. Guess he is making up for that short miss last week. Nice to see his backside.

I think Villegas is a little steamed over missing that 2 footer that would have sent him to the finals! He was that close!! Tough break for the kid, good to see his backside.

Fixed it for both of you!

camilo-villegas.jpg

Was that taken right before he missed the two footer? :act-up:

I was looking for something that showed his rear; it was as close as I could get.

I was looking for something that showed his rear; it was as close as I could get.

Only for you, Claire. But I gotta put it in spoilers!

Spoiler
89878394.jpg
camilo_villegas_crawling.jpg

And one more just so you will always love me! (Only open if you are female or really, really, REALLY like Camilo!)

Spoiler
tumblr_konkowl7w91qzydsvo1_500.jpg

CfC :love:s Smallie.

Phil looks like he's lost some more weight.

Poulter is tearing it up out there today.
Good to see after yesterday's trouble.

I'm so happy Camilo is back wearing awesome clothes again.

This
sep9_villegastrophy.jpg

is so much more pleasant than this.
thedrippolo250.jpg

I'm so happy Camilo is back wearing awesome clothes again.

This
sep9_villegastrophy.jpg

is so much more pleasant than this.
thedrippolo250.jpg

Agreed, but it's hard to swing while holding a trophy that size.

Mainly focused on the colors. :D

Loving the outfit today. It matches his bag perfectly!

Mainly focused on the colors. :D

Loving the outfit today. It matches his bag perfectly!

He's definitely rocking the Steelers colors today.

I'm generally loving the lack of sloppiness in general at this tourney. I think it's the draw of the large attendance that's making these guys take it up a notch from the dress standpoint.

Did anyone else see Brian Gay throwing the Sligo pom headcovers into the crowd at the Stadium hole?

sligo09-headcoverL.jpg

(I couldn't find a photo of the red/black version.)

He musta tossed 10 of them into the crowd.

Camillo is still using that manhole cover for his ball mark.

Re: WM Phoenix Open [Spoilers]

the headcover toss was awesome. hole 16 at the FBR is on my bucketlist.

I know it's not the FBR anymore...but I like it better.

And Ogilvy just put one in the drink after going with a 3w instead of driver. That's gotta smart.

I have to say I'm shocked that Anthony Kim is near the top of the leaderboard. It's like the kid has so much talent that he can just turn it on like a faucet when he focuses . . . but he rarely focuses. I'll be interested to see if reports of him partying surface over the next few days.

Brandt Snedeker in contention at -9 and two back of the leaders. Still waiting for a "nice guy makes good" headline with Snedeker's picture under it.

Ian Poulter (-7) went ballistic today (8-under) to launch himself back into the fray. Anyone remember the last time we saw a back-to-back winner on the PGA Tour?

Lefty put together respectable dual 68s, but needs to step it up this weekend if he wants to win.

Boom-Boom opened with a blazing 31 on the front 9, but then crashed and burned on the back 9 with a 39. I hope he finds a way to put out the flames and get moving again this weekend.

GG's boyfriend in dead last after w/d'ing after an opening round 74. Back issues again?

Sabbatini missed the cut by a mile. Announcers were talking about a verbal dust-up between Sabo and AK. Something about general animosity and a disagreement about who was away on a-hole. Oops, I meant "a hole."

Arnie's grandson, Sam Saunders, shot a 66 in round 1, but followed it up today with a 79 to miss the cut by 6 shots.

Jason Day missed the cut by 5 shots and still has yet to live up to all the media hype from when he announced he was turning pro.

David Toms missed the cut and Harry is sad for him. However, Harry still hopes he can win the Cleveland contest so Harry and David can play golf.

Ian Poulter (-7) went ballistic today (8-under) to launch himself back into the fray. Anyone remember the last time we saw a back-to-back winner on the PGA Tour?
Was it Villegas at the end of '08?

Back