What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 1400 posts and with a picture that has not changed you coul not tell it was me? :confused2:

Ask Smallie - I never look at post count. Why do you think mine is hidden.

Haven't really been hungry for dinner lately. I've been bringing lunches from home to eat at work and that usually keeps me full throughout the rest of the day, even though dinner time!

do you look at the avatar? and I have no idea why yours is hidden

You do know I was teasing you - right? Do I need to use smilies with you too from now on?

I think I'm going to buy an ice cream maker. Sur la Table has the Cuisinart one on sale. You can make sorbet too.

Hubby has the Cuisinart ice cream maker, and he does fabulous ice cream. The best was the summer we bought too many sour cherries for sour cherry pie, so we had sour cherry ice cream as well. :bananadance:

Re: What's for Dinner?

ClairefromClare said:
Hubby has the Cuisinart ice cream maker, and he does fabulous ice cream. The best was the summer we bought too many sour cherries for sour cherry pie, so we had sour cherry ice cream as well. :bananadance:

I would love an ice cream maker. I'll have to put one on my list.

creamed spinach is really good too.

Thats one of those things I have to be in the right mood for, but yes it can be really good. I like regular spinach with lots of vinegar, hehe.

and, to keep up with this thread, I'm not much for ice cream or any sweets. Weird, I know, just no sweet tooth. Every three months or so I want something like that.

tonight its gonna be rotissiere roast beef

I think JB would remarry me all over again if I made him homemade ice cream. I honestly never thought about it....how pricey can those machines get?

I think JB would remarry me all over again if I made him homemade ice cream. I honestly never thought about it....how pricey can those machines get?

I gotta believe you could grab one of those on eBay. Think about how many people got one a a wedding gift but never used/opened it?? :D

Here's the old fashioned kind at $80. The link has a bunch cheaper. Hand crank is a pain, but oh so good with the right recipe.

Duey - You sound like JP with all his talk of the good old days. Why would you buy a new hand crank ice cream maker when there are electric ones available?

Actually I hate to crank those stupid things, but they simply make better ice cream. The motorized ones turn to fast and don't let the cream thicken/thaw/thicken. They get crystallized or something. (You taste the ice crystals rather than smoothness??)

I would love an ice cream maker. I'll have to put one on my list.

But nowadays with Ben and Jerry's and whatnot, isn't it just easier to buy really good ice cream?

I mean, when I was a kid, my folks would make it during the summer, but that's because there was no super-premium ice cream. Just that cheap ice-milk crap. And homemade was SO much tastier. But now Ben & Jerry's is just as good. Seems like a real pain to have to make it. Even for vanilla, don't you have to get vanilla beans and cook them and stuff?

But nowadays with Ben and Jerry's and whatnot, isn't it just easier to buy really good ice cream?

I mean, when I was a kid, my folks would make it during the summer, but that's because there was no super-premium ice cream. Just that cheap ice-milk crap. And homemade was SO much tastier. But now Ben & Jerry's is just as good. Seems like a real pain to have to make it. Even for vanilla, don't you have to get vanilla beans and cook them and stuff?

Making it is half the fun.

Cottage pie here.

Ok, I just found out Liz's creamy pea's are her own creation, lol. They are simply melted cheesy peas. I love them. Asparagus is good that way too...

Ok, I just found out Liz's creamy pea's are her own creation, lol. They are simply melted cheesy peas. I love them. Asparagus is good that way too...

That sounds good :hungry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back