The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran into a guy I know who is a brain stormer on my way home and he gave me 4 giant cinnamon rolls. Wasn't that sweet.

What is it with brain stormers and cinnamon rolls? They always have the good ones.

Kevin

What is it with brain stormers and cinnamon rolls? They always have the good ones.

Kevin

I don't know. He had apple puffs too, but they didn't look as good.

Finally seeing some results from my new golf workout routine at the gym...hoping the extra flexibility and lower body strength equals lower scores this year

Nicky and I just went for a walk. I saw about 30 houses with yellow ribbons, which is a rare sight around here. I don't live in a big military area. I hope whoever the ribbons are for is safe and home soon.

Nicky and I just went for a walk. I saw about 30 houses with yellow ribbons, which is a rare sight around here. I don't live in a big military area. I hope whoever the ribbons are for is safe and home soon.

Sadly I think it's a rare sight everywhere. The flag and ribbons went up every where after 911. Now they are disappearing. I to hope that who ever the ribbon is for is home safe and soon. :soldier:

Just a little over 3 more hours of my horrendous day!! :clapp:

I just sent off the bosses from the state office in Indy. FREEDOM! I love how people tell me I'm doing things wrong when they change a process without telling me. Ugh...

Its FRIDAY!!! :twist:

I'm done for the day. I'm going shopping. Fed Ex should be bringing my carbon steel pans shortly. I'll be seasoning those bad boys and searing some fish and a steak. My girls are off to dinner and the school play tonight so I get to fart around in the kitchen with no pesky females around.

Kevin

I'm done for the day. I'm going shopping. Fed Ex should be bringing my carbon steel pans shortly. I'll be seasoning those bad boys and searing some fish and a steak. My girls are off to dinner and the school play tonight so I get to fart around in the kitchen with no pesky females around.

Kevin

Congrats on a temporarily female free household!

No snow in the forecast this weekend for a change

Kevin

So you get to be King of the Castle again for a little while tonight.

I'm glad it's Friday but I think I may have sprained my ankle pretty badly last night in a fall on the ice outside.

I'm glad it's Friday but I think I may have sprained my ankle pretty badly last night in a fall on the ice outside.

Bogey - I didn't know you played hockey too. I thought only Gasman played.

I just removed a putter grip without damaging it so I can use it again if I want to. And it was easier than I thought and all I needed was this:

which has already paid for itself because I saved the grip and it is pristine.

I have a feeling that a Winn AVS grip would be much harder though because of the material and the end cap which doesn't seem to have any give to it.

They floated my grip off with air pressure at Golf Galaxy. Pretty neat device.

One of the games on the sim tonight was closest to the pin and one of the first people to go got a hole-in-one. No one wanted to go after that so everyone just started drinking until they switched to a new game. I had already taken my turn though.

I got my new cell phone. I switched to the darkside and got a Droid on Verizon. After two days :good:

I had a conversation with The Kid's orchestra teacher about his wrist and how long he'll be unable to play. I've always liked her a lot, and she mentioned in passing that she plays golf--she used to belong to the EWGA and play in what has been my league.

This is cool--a new golfing buddy!

I just removed a putter grip without damaging it so I can use it again if I want to. And it was easier than I thought and all I needed was this:

which has already paid for itself because I saved the grip and it is pristine.

I have a feeling that a Winn AVS grip would be much harder though because of the material and the end cap which doesn't seem to have any give to it.

Did you just use grip solvent, Harry?

Did you just use grip solvent, Harry?

Yep. It was much easier than I thought it was going to be. Just shove the tool in a little and then dribble solvent down the tool. I used an old small saline squirt bottle filled with solvent because it has the tiny tip.

268004_ST.jpg

^^^Not me. Or anyone I know. My bottle was smaller.

The solvent just runs down between the two rods into/under the grip and the bond breaks loose fairly easily.

One thing I hadn't thought of that was in the instructions is the roll the edge of the grip over on itself so there is less of a chance that it will tear (it's the thinnest part of the grip) while you are leveraging the tool around.

Disclaimer: I've only used it once. I suspect it might not be as easy when paired against that freaking alien plasma bonding technology that Acushnet uses on its grip tape. I can barely get that stuff off a shaft after cutting a grip off, soaking it in solvent, and using a grip tape remover tool:

8228_im_____0_gsi

Yep, that should be easy enough. Thanks. The grip tape remover is super.

I told Sis not publish her picture on Facebook. :D

Its Rodeo Week in Tucson. I get to wear my cowboy outfits all week!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

Its Rodeo Week in Tucson. I get to wear my cowboy outfits all week!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

Why did I just get an image of the village people in my head?

Re: The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

thanks1974 said:
Why did I just get an image of the village people in my head?

Perhaps you liked them for their clothes so they are never far from your mind. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back