Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always keep a granola bar at hand (in my office, in the car, etc.) just in case I start feeling low.

I had one of those earlier today also. I think it's just one of those days today.

I really feel for you bogey. Are you on the shots? My daughter has been since 8 year old and she never thought a thing about it. I have to give myself two shots a day and am such a baby about it, lol. My belly looks like Ali just got done with me.

Nope don't do the shots and hope to never have to. Just meds for right now. I thought about going on the Byatta (sp?) shot but it just doesn't fit my lifestyle. Too much timing involved with eating. Most of the time I eat when I get the chance. That could be my problem sometimes though.

I had one of those earlier today also. I think it's just one of those days today.

I was at 87 this morning, just before breakfast, which is a little low for me. I'm usually between 110 and 120 before breakfast.

I was at 87 this morning, just before breakfast, which is a little low for me. I'm usually between 110 and 120 before breakfast.

I need to start checking again in the mornings. I was 62 :bulgy-eyes: right before I started lunch. That's pretty low for me. Not the lowest though. I've been down to low 30's over night.

Sounds like you have pretty good control Bonk.

I need to start checking again in the mornings. I was 62 :bulgy-eyes: right before I started lunch. That's pretty low for me. Not the lowest though. I've been down to low 30's over night.

Thats low for sure. My daughter would go into a seizure in the 40's. Been through that many times.

Thats low for sure. My daughter would go into a seizure in the 40's. Been through that many times.

I was scared when it was 30 and just feeling whoozy. I couldn't imagine seeing my child have a seizure.

My parents are in town.... for 5 weeks! It started off as a "west coast visit" where they were going to San Fran and Arizona, and stay at our place for 3 one week intervals, but Arizona was cancelled, and it's turned into too much company. They've been a big help with cleaning, cooking, babysitting, etc, but my wife and I are just flat burned out... and we still have 1.5 weeks left!

Sounds like a few drinks are in order. :D Hang in there.

WOW! 5 Weeks? That's way too much. I think 5 days is way too much. I like family in small doses. I love having them around but after a while you just need to get back to your normal life.

Maybe if we close our eyes and hope really hard that it's the end of the day it will be.

The BF always says, family is like fish, they both stink after a few days, haa haa haa...I could barely take his mom for a full week!! Yikes!!
Well, its working, just 8 more hours to go, its been 1 already :clapp: haa haa haa :banghead:

I was scared when it was 30 and just feeling whoozy. I couldn't imagine seeing my child have a seizure.

It was super scary for a long time. We used the baby listening things at night to hear her, but a lot of times she didn't make a sound. It took a while, but as we got better control and taught her better control, things smoothed out.

She's on a pump now and 27 years old, lol.

It was super scary for a long time. We used the baby listening things at night to hear her, but a lot of times she didn't make a sound. It took a while, but as we got better control and taught her better control, things smoothed out.

She's on a pump now and 27 years old, lol.

Good to hear everything is under control now. Hmm... 27 you say. :smile-big: :wink:

I couldn't imagine. I think I would have been sleeping in there with her. Man that gives me the chills just thinking about it.

I guess there is no such thing as free checking anymore. I've been with my bank since I turned 18 and just received a letter from them stating that beginning Feb. 1, 2010 (and I just got the letter yesterday) they will charge a monthly fee of $9.50 if you do not have a $1500 daily balance AND will charge 50 cents per check that I write out. Isn't that crazy?!!? They're going to charge me to write checks!!!!

Needless-to-say, I will be opening up another checking account some place else and closing my current one!!

Its almost 11am, just less than 7 hours go of my horrendous day!

I guess there is no such thing as free checking anymore. I've been with my bank since I turned 18 and just received a letter from them stating that beginning Feb. 1, 2010 (and I just got the letter yesterday) they will charge a monthly fee of $9.50 if you do not have a $1500 daily balance AND will charge 50 cents per check that I write out. Isn't that crazy?!!? They're going to charge me to write checks!!!!

Needless-to-say, I will be opening up another checking account some place else and closing my current one!!

Talk to them first. Remind them that you are a loyal customer and ask them to waive the fee. I'm sure they will.

Since my wife is in the banking industry I hear about this all the time. There are a few banks that do still offer a free checking account. I thought it was crazy that a bank would charge you to write a check but I've heard of more and more that are going to that.

If you were an East Coaster/Mid westerner your day would be over in 3 hours like mine. :smile-big: But then you'd also be dealing with 2+ feet of snow.

Talk to them first. Remind them that you are a loyal customer and ask them to waive the fee. I'm sure they will.

I dont know if that works anymore. Checks seem to becoming obsolete with personal accounts, I think banks are trying to get away from them.

30 is low for sure. I've been that low in the middle of the night. It's hard to get my blood sugar up at that point so I needed a glucagon shot.

30 is low for sure. I've been that low in the middle of the night. It's hard to get my blood sugar up at that point so I needed a glucagon shot.

I "pop" a couple Glucose tabs and I'm usually good to go. That or take a big drink of regular soda (if available). I've also heard milk will help bring it up but haven't tried that. I usually have the tabs around so they are easier, plus the ones I have are grape flavor and they actually taste pretty good. They are like a super sized Smartie candy.

I was going low when I would take a Glyburide at night. I've since stopped taking one at night and I haven't gone low like that.

Since my wife is in the banking industry I hear about this all the time. There are a few banks that do still offer a free checking account. I thought it was crazy that a bank would charge you to write a check but I've heard of more and more that are going to that.

If you were an East Coaster/Mid westerner your day would be over in 3 hours like mine. :smile-big: But then you'd also be dealing with 2+ feet of snow.

I'd gladly take the snow if it means I'd be able to go home sooner haa haa haa (just for today though, don't know what tomorrow will bring).

I dont know if that works anymore. Checks seem to becoming obsolete with personal accounts, I think banks are trying to get away from them.

Is online banking safer than checks? I still write out checks, I have pretty ones right now :)

I got the same letter from my bank. I took the letter to my branch, and we concurred that I did not keep a minimum checking balance, and that the fees would be charge. I then ask to withdraw all my monies from all my accounts. "No problem" the smart guy said. Long story short, I am still with the same bank, (45 years) no fees will ever be charged, just as before. Not sure what happened to "Smart Guy". In other words talk to them. Most banks will work with their members.

I got the same letter from my bank. I took the letter to my branch, and we concurred that I did not keep a minimum checking balance, and that the fees would be charge. I then ask to withdraw all my monies from all my accounts. "No problem" the smart guy said. Long story short, I am still with the same bank, (45 years) no fees will ever be charged, just as before. Not sure what happened to "Smart Guy". In other words talk to them. Most banks will work with their members.

True, I guess you never know! I'll pay a visit this weekend!! If not, there's plan B: withdrawing my money and going to another bank that offers free checking with direct deposit!!

Is online banking safer than checks? I still write out checks, I have pretty ones right now :)

Actually it can be. I've been saved twice by the on line banking. My auto insurance didn't make it and was going to be canceled. I called the banks online banking department and they took care of everything. Plus using the online banking your payments come directly out of your account so you don't have to worry about spending the money that is supposed to cover a check you still have outstanding. You can still keep your checks. We write very few checks anymore. Mostly to my wife's hairdresser and for pizza.

I like to think it's my lovely personality or perhaps I'm annoying and they just want to get rid of me, but I find that difficult to believe so it must be the former - I have found that most people agree to requests to not charge me fees, etc. when I ask.

Actually it can be. I've been saved twice by the on line banking. My auto insurance didn't make it and was going to be canceled. I called the banks online banking department and they took care of everything. Plus using the online banking your payments come directly out of your account so you don't have to worry about spending the money that is supposed to cover a check you still have outstanding. You can still keep your checks. We write very few checks anymore. Mostly to my wife's hairdresser and for pizza.

And I guess with online banking the funds are tranferred immediately? So you know for sure that something's been paid!! That works too!! I guess my main worry with doing it via the internet is people can hack into your account/transaction or whatever...

I like to think it's my lovely personality or perhaps I'm annoying and they just want to get rid of me, but I find that difficult to believe so it must be the former - I have found that most people agree to requests to not charge me fees, etc. when I ask.

I guess it doesn't hurt to ask. The worst they can say is my fees are increasing and they'll charge me per check, in that case, I'll just switch banks :D

Also I may have a good chance in getting the fees reversed! The letter was dated Feb. 8, I just got it yesterday (Feb. 17) and it states it will go into effect Feb. 1. So technically, I shouldn't be charged for the month of February :)

Last edited:
And I guess with online banking the funds are tranferred immediately? So you know for sure that something's been paid!! That works too!! I guess my main worry with doing it via the internet is people can hack into your account/transaction or whatever...

I think they suggest you assume 2-3 days processing but I think it is usually transferred immediately. You don't have worry about your information getting into the wrong hands. Do you currently monitor your account on line? It's no different. I don't have to worry about this though since there is never any money in my account. They won't get far with my bank info.

that's why I try to pay as much as I can online.....screw checks :at-wits-end:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back