The Quit Smoking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you picked up the 3 wood too? Sweet, I must of missed that.

yeah. I got really mad at my other 3W and accidentally cracked the shaft. I know I could have gotten it reshafted, but buying a new 3W is more fun.

yeah. I got really mad at my other 3W and accidentally cracked the shaft. I know I could have gotten it reshafted, but buying a new 3W is more fun.

Sweet, I should go snap my driver, its about time.

seth, it looks like you need to replace that rescue in your bag, she looks a little out of place with all that brand new equipment.:D

seriously, congrats on your achievement, i hope to follow your gameplan one day.

haha. I was thinking the same thing, but she is hitting the ball pretty well right now. I think the only thing that could replace her in the near future is a 3 iron.

congrats on the quitting... its unbelievably hard... my resolution was to quit... cold turkey... so far so good... but the cravings are a killer... you notice everyone that smokes on tv... all the quitting ads... guys walking down the street... etc etc

congrats on the quitting... its unbelievably hard... my resolution was to quit... cold turkey... so far so good... but the cravings are a killer... you notice everyone that smokes on tv... all the quitting ads... guys walking down the street... etc etc

Congrats bro! We don't have much time on this earth and it is a shame to make it shorter when it doesn't need to be.

This is rare.

SMOKING%20100%20YEAR%20OLD%20WOMAN.jpg

you notice everyone that smokes on tv... all the quitting ads... guys walking down the street... etc etc

The smoking in movies always gets me still.

the absolute hardest thing is drinking... even before i taste that first sip of beer i just wanna light up

All this conversation makes me want to go have a cigarette :banghead:

The picture of the Marlboro man with the oxygen bottle strapped on his back was eye opening, made me really glad I quit when I did.

haha I wasn't keeping track of this thread and kept track of your progress through the counter. When I saw the counter go away I began to worry. Said to myself "Oh no, did he not make it?" But I'm very proud of you. Smoking always gets on my nerves. GREAT JOB and KEEP IT UP! Enjoys those wedges.:banana::banana::banana::golf3:

it was really tough yesterday cuz i was paired with a guy that smoked... i wanted to bum a cig right then an there

haha I wasn't keeping track of this thread and kept track of your progress through the counter. When I saw the counter go away I began to worry. Said to myself "Oh no, did he not make it?" But I'm very proud of you. Smoking always gets on my nerves. GREAT JOB and KEEP IT UP! Enjoys those wedges.:banana::banana::banana::golf3:

Thanks! It has been a strange road that is for sure. I got to hit the new wedges and they feel pretty awesome! Still have to get used to them.

it was really tough yesterday cuz i was paired with a guy that smoked... i wanted to bum a cig right then an there

That is hard. You are the man for standing up to that intense pressure.

keep us posted on your progress... keeps me motivated

how is it going for you????? Please tell me you havent smoked.

how is it going for you????? Please tell me you havent smoked.

Well, I went a whole month and it was not nearly as hard as I thought. I am not saying it was not hard at times, but overall I found it pretty easy to quit as long as I had incentive. I have picked up a cigar or two since the month was over, but it made me feel like crap. I am learning more and more that it affects my health more than I thought.

So the answer to your question is this. I have smoked, but only on a few occasions and I have stopped again. This time I am going to do it with no incentive except to live a more healthy life.

Well, I went a whole month and it was not nearly as hard as I thought. I am not saying it was not hard at times, but overall I found it pretty easy to quit as long as I had incentive. I have picked up a cigar or two since the month was over, but it made me feel like crap. I am learning more and more that it affects my health more than I thought.

So the answer to your question is this. I have smoked, but only on a few occasions and I have stopped again. This time I am going to do it with no incentive except to live a more healthy life.

From my understanding many smokers do relapse before they finally quit for good so if that is the worst of your relapse I think you are in pretty good shape.

Congrats on doing, what I have been told, is one of the hardest things do to. Kudos to you :clapp:

From my understanding many smokers do relapse before they finally quit for good so if that is the worst of your relapse I think you are in pretty good shape.

Congrats on doing, what I have been told, is one of the hardest things do to. Kudos to you :clapp:

Thanks GG. To me, it is more of a psychological thing now. My body doesn't really want the nicotine, my mind wants that relaxation time. My goal is to make it to the THP outing smoke free.

Congrats SethO....Tiger should be reading this thread rather than spending $$$ to cure his 'addiction'

Thanks GG. To me, it is more of a psychological thing now. My body doesn't really want the nicotine, my mind wants that relaxation time. My goal is to make it to the THP outing smoke free.

I have never been addicted to anything (unless you count food) so maybe I don't have the right to say this but I have always thought that a major part (and possibly the hardest part) of addiction isn't the physical need but the habits formed from that particular addiction.

Congrats SethO....Tiger should be reading this thread rather than spending $$$ to cure his 'addiction'

haha. That would be mutually beneficial. Maybe I could be the next Haney Project.

I have never been addicted to anything (unless you count food) so maybe I don't have the right to say this but I have always thought that a major part (and possibly the hardest part) of addiction isn't the physical need but the habits formed from that particular addiction.

I think you are hitting on something here.

im glad youre still smoke free even tho you had a lil blip... i havent had one since new years and im still really craving a smoke... not as much physically but when i get stressed... wow i just wanna light a whole pack at the same time... lolz

I'm glad that you aren't addicted! I know you must feel much better then you did when you smoked. I don't mind when people smoke every once is a while as long as it doesn't turn into an addiction. Congrats and how are the wedges treating ya????

im glad youre still smoke free even tho you had a lil blip... i havent had one since new years and im still really craving a smoke... not as much physically but when i get stressed... wow i just wanna light a whole pack at the same time... lolz

That's great that you haven't smoked even when you have wanted to. I am not sure if you have a significant other in your life but if you don't and you meet someone who is not a smoker you have no idea how much easier your life will be that you are also a non-smoker. You think money is a big stresser in relationships smoking, many times, trumps that.

I just bought myself my mx-200s, bag, and tour towel for my 6 month of not smoking. Once you get here it's a great feeling, good luck everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back