First Car, Best Car, Worst Car

At least you can pump your own gas Diane. Oregonians are too dumb to pump their own, so it's against the law to do so.

I got in a huge argument with the attendant my first time in Oregon. I told him I was more then qualified but it didnt matter, I just didnt know the law. The kid didnt even clean my window and still expected a tip.

Your BMW out of warranty? You get full maintenance for free for so many miles/months. I can't remember right now...

My car is a 1999 - I keep cars forever.

Re: First Car, Best Car, Worst Car

Worst car/first car= 1980 Honda civic hatchback. Just terrible and didn't take much to get destroyed.

Best Car = this is a tie actually for different reasons. 1972 merc cougar convertible. Loved that car. Next was actually my last car Mercedes clk 500. Great car but I got rid of it to lower my expenses so that I could save for a house.

Current car - very close to being my worst car haha 96 Acura tl. Ready to get rid of this one soon however. My golf clubs fit perfectly so there is a bright side.

I got in a huge argument with the attendant my first time in Oregon. I told him I was more then qualified but it didnt matter, I just didnt know the law. The kid didnt even clean my window and still expected a tip.

The last time I went to Oregeon I also got yelled at because I was getting out of the car to pump my own gas. There should be a sign for us tourists haa haa

Last year, I stopped for gas in NJ. I know the law so I waited, but no one came to pump my gas. I went into the station and the guy who worked there was praying - he was Muslim. I apologized for interrupting him and he came out. I felt badly about interrupting him, but my aunt who was with me pointed out that I had probably offended him more with my short dress and bare legs.

You can't pump in NJ either and their gas is so much cheaper than ours. Several of my clients are in NJ so I always try to get gas there.

NJ has some of the cheapest gas in the country because the refineries for the northeast are located there. They get special breaks from the state in regards to taxation plus they don't have to truck the stuff that far.

NJ has some of the cheapest gas in the country because the refineries for the northeast are located there. They get special breaks from the state in regards to taxation plus they don't have to truck the stuff that far.

It's a trade off for their disgustingly high property taxes and auto insurance rates. Belive me, I used to live there

It's a trade off for their disgustingly high property taxes and auto insurance rates. Belive me, I used to live there

Same here... I really don't miss those things you mentioned, plus the smell of those refineries passing Elizabeth on the Turnpike. Since you lived in Jersey then I'm sure you know what smell I'm talking about.

I think we have the highest gas tax in the country. As much as I like my BMW - my next car is going to be a more cost effective one. Between gas and repairs - it gets expensive to own.
335d is rated for 36mpg highway :)

Same here... I really don't miss those things you mentioned, plus the smell of those refineries passing Elizabeth on the Turnpike. Since you lived in Jersey then I'm sure you know what smell I'm talking about.

I've always said NJ was a great state to move out of. No matter where you go you'll most likely be paying cheaper property taxes and lower car insurance.

That being said, I love NJ. Driving on the turnpike or flying into NWK airport does not do the state justice. It has some great neighborhoods, beaches, farms, golf courses, and of course all four seasons (although Spring and Fall are rapidly diminishing). :clapp:

First: '85 Toyota 4Runner SR5.
Best: '99 Ford F-150
It will go anywhere, do anything and haul just about anything you would need to haul. Its also comfortable, has plenty of passing power and for a truck its pretty fuel efficient (17 mpg highway). Like any other vehicle, it has its flaws; but all in all Ive been happy with it.
Worst: '91 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6
Anyone who has owned one of these knows why I say it was the worst. They had serious issues with body rust, the V6s were known for being underpowered for a V6, getting horrible gas milage and they were also known for blowing head gaskets. Ask anyone who knows Toyotas and they will tell you that a 3VZE was any engine that Toyota should have never made. The 22R-TE made just as much power and had a lot fewer problems.

Hey Bucky was your 91 an auto or manual? The reason I ask is I had a 92 Toy Ext. cab 4 wd. that was a 6 cyl. 5 spd and thought it had plenty of power. My father in law bought the exact same truck except he had an auto and the first time I rode in it I had to ask if it was a 4 or 6 cyl. The difference was pretty dramatic. I did take it in for a recall on the head gaskets and went ahead and had them change the timing belt while they were already tearing it apart. I never had any trouble out of the truck other than that.

I also had a 95 4runner that had over 200K miles on it when I sold it, I took that thing every where and never worried about getting home.

First 1987 S-10 Blazer 4x4 2.8l. By far the worst engine GM ever produced!
s10blazer.jpg

Best 1990 Chevy 454ss It was unbelievable the amount of tail I picked up in Highschool with this truck! I just couldn't pass a gas station at 10 mpg.
454ss.jpg

Current 2007 Dodge 2500 Cummins 4x4 with some simple mods I'm over 400hp at the wheels.
DSC00699.jpg

Those dice are SWEET!

That's all I have left of that car (aside from a set of keys; I've kept one set of keys from every car I've ever owned).

Those dice are currently hanging in my G5; maybe they're lucky, since I got out of that accident in the Focus unharmed.

Hey Bucky was your 91 an auto or manual? The reason I ask is I had a 92 Toy Ext. cab 4 wd. that was a 6 cyl. 5 spd and thought it had plenty of power. My father in law bought the exact same truck except he had an auto and the first time I rode in it I had to ask if it was a 4 or 6 cyl. The difference was pretty dramatic. I did take it in for a recall on the head gaskets and went ahead and had them change the timing belt while they were already tearing it apart. I never had any trouble out of the truck other than that.

I also had a 95 4runner that had over 200K miles on it when I sold it, I took that thing every where and never worried about getting home.

Aint that the truth. My Dad had a 91 4 runner with a v6 auto and my 4 banger manual 4 runner had way more balls. I would never buy a smaller engine car without a stick.

1st: 1966 Oldsmobile Delta 88,2nd 66 Pontiac Catalina,3rd 51 Chevy Deluxe
Best:72 Vega with b&b 350 or 79 Dodge power wagon or 91 Toyota MR2
Worst: 94 Ford Explorer
And a whole lot more
Current all Dodge 87 Dakota 4x4,94 Dakota,97 Intrepid,08 Ram

1st: 1966 Oldsmobile Delta 88,2nd 66 Pontiac Catalina,3rd 51 Chevy Deluxe
Best:72 Vega with b&b 350 or 79 Dodge power wagon or 91 Toyota MR2
Worst: 94 Ford Explorer
And a whole lot more
Current all Dodge 87 Dakota 4x4,94 Dakota,97 Intrepid,08 Ram
I loved the old Delta 88: fast, powerful, and big. Spent many a Saturday night cruising in one of those.

I loved the old Delta 88: fast, powerful, and big. Spent many a Saturday night cruising in one of those.
It was nothing compared to my 72 Buick Limited.That was like driving your living room down the road.

First Car: 95 Jeep YJ Loved this Jeep, great high school party bus. My father has it now and has put the lift and tires that are on it in this picture. It was stock when I had it.

YJ.jpg

Favorite/Current Car: 03 Jeep TJ Rubicon Love my Rubi. Bought it with most of the mods done, but have put my share of money into it.

Jeep11.jpg

July142.jpg

Only having owned the two Jeeps, I don't have a worst car, yet.

Now I know it is just for cars, but my 2000 Suzuki King Quad was my first mode of transportation. Still have it to plow snow.

2006-04-215.jpg

First Car: 1962 Plymouth Valiant

Best Car: 2002 Lincon Continental hands down best road car I ever owned.

Worst Car: 1982 Buick Regal

Favorite Car: 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 Six Pack w/ Scat Pack Pkg.
Sold it last year to offset college costs for my youngest sons tuition. What really hurt was that it was a Valentines Day Present from my wife. When I got it the reconditioning wasn't complete and I finished it. It lives in California now.

Back