• Golf bag

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • Clothes excluding outerwear

Votes: 29 34.9%
  • Outerwear

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Golf shoes

Votes: 22 26.5%
  • Accessories including belts, sunglasses, shoe bags, etc.

Votes: 19 22.9%

• Total voters
I was not very specific in my earlier post, quite frankly I needed to go back for a refresher of what brands stood out to me. Tremendous coverage and a lot of names I never new existed.

Abacus Apparel company really turned me on with their line, as did Travis Matthews and Sligo. Several others will get a look, but those three really hit the spot.

The Nike booth surprised me. I love their golf balls, but never really considered their clubs, who knows how that's possible with all the market dollars spent. Cleveland has always had my eye and will very likely get my next nod. Bridgestone impressed the heck out of me with their offerings and hugh booth. Then comes Fourteen and Maruman! Wow, I liked what I saw and want to see and hear more.

As stated in my first post, I'll likely buy clothes based on what I saw here. The equipment has my interest, but will have to earn a spot, a golf bag is certainly on the horizon if I can find something special you don't see everyday and a couple of wedges need to be checked out, several caught my attention.

I can't vote in this poll because I'm more of an impulse/great deal type of purchaser. I don't have any equipment or apparel that I'm "planning" on purchasing, I just roll with the punches.

Only thing I might buy other than a couple pair of shorts is a new putter. I sure like the looks and reviews of those SeeMore putters.

I think from show coverage the clothes are what I am interested in. Sligo, Peter Millar, Cutter & Buck. There is other equipment I am looking at but, not directly related to show coverage, reviews and the driver shoot-out

Great poll Diane, i can't wait to see what you might compile with all the information. I selected 3 things:

1. Hybrid: i am in the market for a hybrid and plan on looking hard at Nike's machspeed or the Victory Red. The thp crew took some fantastic pics at the demo day and now i must get my hands on them.

2. Golf Bag: in particular the black offering at the Oakley booth. I like the simplicity of their logo the most, the bag didn't scream at me.

3. Men's clothing: in particular the offerings from Sligo and Travis Matthews. Both feature colors that aren't bright and loud, and that suits me.

I was not very specific in my earlier post, quite frankly I needed to go back for a refresher of what brands stood out to me. Tremendous coverage and a lot of names I never new existed.

Abacus Apparel company really turned me on with their line, as did Travis Matthews and Sligo. Several others will get a look, but those three really hit the spot.

The Nike booth surprised me. I love their golf balls, but never really considered their clubs, who knows how that's possible with all the market dollars spent. Cleveland has always had my eye and will very likely get my next nod. Bridgestone impressed the heck out of me with their offerings and hugh booth. Then comes Fourteen and Maruman! Wow, I liked what I saw and want to see and hear more.

As stated in my first post, I'll likely buy clothes based on what I saw here. The equipment has my interest, but will have to earn a spot, a golf bag is certainly on the horizon if I can find something special you don't see everyday and a couple of wedges need to be checked out, several caught my attention.

Thanks Duey - This is exactly what I was interested in hearing.

Just to be clear, you only want to know what I might buy because of the show coverage?

Kevin

Just to be clear, you only want to know what I might buy because of the show coverage?

Kevin

No, I want to know what you will DEFINITELY buy because of show coverage.

I guess to elaborate my answer:

Hybrid: I love the looks of the i15 hybrid, and because I have Ping irons, I'd like to have a ping hybrid

Clothes: I am mainly looking at Sligo on this one, for now its my clothing of choice.

Shoes: my choice was not at the show.

My only need right now is a putter. I'm liking the looks of the new Odyssey line, Black Series Tour Designs. My home course should have them soon and I'm hoping to demo a couple of them. Also looking at a couple of Bettinardi's.
Lots of choice's these days....

I book marked the Tattoo Golf site....It was a little young for my tastes, but I have an 18 year old son that liked their stuff.

UPS just brought me 6 dozen golf balls
that'll be good for about 2 rounds once the weather gets better

A few days ago I purchased a set of Titleist AP1 irons. Many factors went into the decision including JB's thorough review, and being able to hit them extensively (I also enjoyed the show coverage). I hope to receive them next week (+1-inch, 2º upright). I also purchased a couple of Vokey Spin-Milled wedges.

My next purchase will be a fairway wood and I am leaning toward the TM R9 4-wood because it has an adjustable lie angle, and I can choose a neutral position.

i just placed an order for a peter millar tote bag. but i am also spying some shoes and a couple'a belts. those croc belts are sooooooo sweet.

I am going to buy a new driver/shaft setup geared for long drive competitions. Not sure what I need yet since I am new to that arena but I am excited about learning...

If anyone has any suggestions about the equipment that is best or assistance I would be more than receptive.

I'm hoping to sell my 2009 Burner Irons and get a set of Mizuno MX-300 or MX-200s. I like the distance on the Burners but just can not stand the offset. I went from the R7 TP irons to these and just can't get used to them, especially the long irons.

I will be getting some golf clothing, I like what the show had on the Cleveland Classic clothing.

Based on show coverage- Nothing

Based on illness- any club that catches My eye whether I need it or not

Cart Bag maybe

Cart Bag maybe

I really hadn't planned on buying anything golf-related this year. However I think I may purchase a new cart bag. My Nike bag is probably ~7-8 years old and the pockets are frayed to the point that things are falling through them.

I'm leaning toward an Ogio or Bag Boy Pro revolver. The only thing worrying me about the Bag Boy is the weight of the bag - its 9 lbs. I'll probably end up procrastinating all Summer and not get one. :confused2:

Guys this thread is about the show coverage. We have another thread based on strictly what people may buy.

Back