The "Mildly Annoying" Thread

It's snowing so I'm going to work from home. Not a good plan because I eat more when I work from home.

My office computer just died. Tomorrow will be annoying, but now I'm thinking it might be a good thing - I can get a new computer. One with even more bells and whistles that I have no clue how to use.

Re: The "Mildly Annoying" Thread

My office computer just died. Tomorrow will be annoying, but now I'm thinking it might be a good thing - I can get a new computer. One with even more bells and whistles that I have no clue how to use.

That happened to me sometime last year. I just stood up and left work. The next morning everything worked fine. Technology can be so tempermental.

You're like me, I love a fancy new computer, even if I don't know how to use it. We got our two new Dell laptops about two weeks ago. They're still in the box. I'm looking forward to filling the keyboard with crumbs. Whenever they come out of the box.

Apparently my IT Wife is waiting for something to fire up those bad boys. I hope not for me to open them. That could be a long wait.

Kevin

You're like me, I love a fancy new computer, even if I don't know how to use it. We got our two new Dell laptops about two weeks ago. They're still in the box. I'm looking forward to filling the keyboard with crumbs. Whenever they come out of the box.

Apparently my IT Wife is waiting for something to fire up those bad boys. I hope not for me to open them. That could be a long wait.

Kevin

How can you control yourself? I'd have ripped the boxes open the minute they arrived.

How can you control yourself? I'd have ripped the boxes open the minute they arrived.

Then I would be expected to read the instructions. I'm not that into a new computer.

Kevin

Another Thursday with no afternoon phone call from Will Shortz. :at-wits-end:

Granted, they average 2,000 entries a week, so this could take 40 years.

Then I would be expected to read the instructions. I'm not that into a new computer.

Kevin

Pretend it's a recipe and you're baking.

Another Thursday with no afternoon phone call from Will Shortz. :at-wits-end:

Granted, they average 2,000 entries a week, so this could take 40 years.

Is he related to the Jim Shortz from Chicago radio.

Pretend it's a recipe and you're baking.

I generally leave the baking to the ladies. I roast, saute, fry, grill, poach, broil, and boil.

Kevin

I was trying to see if you listened to the Loop, AM 1000, when you lived in Chicago.

Kevin

You were too subtle.

No Jonathon Brandmeier, Kevin Matthews, or Steve & Garry?

Kevin

It's been a long time, Kevin. I grew up with Uncle Lar'.

I'm hungry.

Kevin

Oh good - you started your diet. :clapp:

Don't say that word. Say, "Oh good - you started to reduce you caloric intake, are eating more healthy foods, and have stopped eating sweets."

It's a mouthful, but I like it better than the "D" word.

I'm on my third day. I've lost 27 pounds. Or close to that.

Kevin

Think this will affect your golf swing?

Yes. I should get some of the distance back I lost when my back swing stopped going past knee high on the Fourth of July.

Kevin

Yes. I should get some of the distance back I lost when my back swing stopped going past knee high on the Fourth of July.

Kevin

Goodness, who knows what else you'll be able to do by Independence Day this year.

Goodness, who knows what else you'll be able to do by Independence Day this year.

I'm hoping to get back to tumbling/gymnastics size. I went to the same high school as the Hamm twins.

Kevin

Back