My Golf Journey for 2010

good luck to you with the lessons....prediction:you'll be breaking 90's then 80's before the summer is over.

Thanks Jeff. A girl can dream.

Thanks Jeff. A girl can dream.
You sound intent on getting the most out of the lessons.And you're allready practicing .If you keep that kind of ambition at improving your game I think your dreams will come true.All it takes is time and practice and you're also getting instruction so it's not hard to imagine.Wishing you success

Your cheer leading squad is growing fast.

Kevin

Your cheer leading squad is growing fast.

Kevin

I know. I wish you were all closer so we could play golf in person.

I know. I wish you were all closer so we could play golf in person.
I might bring you down to my level...quad bogey golf..and you don't need that. :D
No seriously..I'm ok with a woman shallacking me at golf.As long as you don't throw clubs and cuss.

I might bring you down to my level...quad bogey golf..and you don't need that. :D
No seriously..I'm ok with a woman shallacking me at golf.As long as you don't throw clubs and cuss.

You're got the wrong woman for any of that. I do know a few that might suit you better. I'm more of a "fooey doodles" or "geeze louise" type.

You're got the wrong woman for any of that. I do know a few that might suit you better. I'm more of a "fooey doodles" or "geeze louise" type.
well good then I'd have no problem with you posting a lower score than me.By jiggers.

Do you remember the old Batman TV show where the words "Pow", etc. would disappear in the air? That's how I think of my emotions on the golf course. They're there for a brief second and then vanish into the air.

Do you remember the old Batman TV show where the words "Pow", etc. would disappear in the air? That's how I think of my emotions on the golf course. They're there for a brief second and then vanish into the air.
I like POW.That's the way I feel about good contact.
Spoiler
JackSwing.jpg

Last edited:
I had another lesson yesterday and the pro seemed a bit surprised at how much progress I've made. I had to remind him about the dozens of lessons I've had over the years. It comes back quickly and I do well until I fall apart again. I am not a natural golfer and at times think I have little control over my body. I can't copy what someone does and telling me to do something doesn't work either. I need a little reminder such as being told which direction my thumbs should be facing at any given point in the swing. I think it's a combination of me actually caring and the pro being able to clearly explain everything, but I am finally getting it. When I played on the sim on Saturday, I was getting an extra 10 yards on most shots and 20 on others.

Thanks for the update Diane, you're making good progress quickly! Was the extra distance causing you any trouble or were you able to adjust your club selection?

Thanks for the update Diane, you're making good progress quickly! Was the extra distance causing you any trouble or were you able to adjust your club selection?

It's easy to adjust on the sim because I could see the exact distances on the screen. It would have been more of a challenge outside. Weather permitting - I'm going to play outside on Saturday so I'll see how it goes it real life.

It's easy to adjust on the sim because I could see the exact distances on the screen. It would have been more of a challenge outside. Weather permitting - I'm going to play outside on Saturday so I'll see how it goes it real life.

Grats on your progress!

Btw, you're always practicing on your sim. Is this like a launch monitor you have at your house?

Grats on your progress!

Btw, you're always practicing on your sim. Is this like a launch monitor you have at your house?

LOL - I play with friends on an indoor sim. We play a different course every week - Pebble Beach was this week. It's fairly true to life except for chipping and we take 3 foot gimmes on putting to save time. We book 4 hours at a time.

I'm glad it's going so well, Diane. You need to talk to this fellow about what it will take to keep you at your new level, so you don't backslide.

I'm glad it's going so well, Diane. You need to talk to this fellow about what it will take to keep you at your new level, so you don't backslide.

She's focusing now. That should prevent the backslide.

By the way, I love the word fellow.

Kevin

She's focusing now. That should prevent the backslide.

By the way, I love the word fellow.

Kevin

We just need to keep her focusing!

Someone asked me if I was finally more focused because I was paying for my lessons myself. I thought about it and realized that despite my age, I've never paid for my own golf lessons. My father has paid for all of them over the years. He's very generous and determined to make a golfer out of me.

I had a lesson tonight that went really well although I wasn't thrilled to swing a golf club with a basketball between my legs. It really did help though.

I had a lesson tonight that went really well although I wasn't thrilled to swing a golf club with a basketball between my legs. It really did help though.

Was that for balance, or to feel the turn better, or what?

It's to keep me from turning too much.

Turning your hips too much? You and Claire had a lesson on the same day. Did you say hello to each other? Isn't there only room in CT for one Golf Tech?

Is there going to be a huge Diane/Claire showdown at the Quint State Classic? There should be. Winner gets a belt buckle. The side bets would be flying.

Kevin

Turning your hips too much? You and Claire had a lesson on the same day. Did you say hello to each other? Isn't there only room in CT for one Golf Tech?

Is there going to be a huge Diane/Claire showdown at the Quint State Classic? There should be. Winner gets a belt buckle. The side bets would be flying.

Kevin

Of course there will be a showdown - can't you tell how competitive I am. Claire thinks it's going to be in pudding though. Who are you betting on Kevin?

Yup - went from not turning enough to turning my hips too much.

Back