My Golf Journey for 2010

I had my swing evaluation at Golftec today. To start, I like the pro a lot. I've taken many lessons over the years and know that if I don't click with a pro - it's just not going to work. He and I clicked. We spent a lot of time working on my posture and weight shifting. He gave me a couple of basic drills to do at home and some things to focus on when I play on the sim next Saturday. The great thing is that I can review the entire session online, which I did as soon as I got home. I'm feeling quite optimistic.

I had my swing evaluation at Golftec today. To start, I like the pro a lot. I've taken many lessons over the years and know that if I don't click with a pro - it's just not going to work. He and I clicked. We spent a lot of time working on my posture and weight shifting. He gave me a couple of basic drills to do at home and some things to focus on when I play on the sim next Saturday. The great thing is that I can review the entire session online, which I did as soon as I got home. I'm feeling quite optimistic.

What can you view online? Is the whole lesson videotaped? It's great you like the pro. I like your positive attitude, too. That's very important. It's not quite confidence, but very important, nonetheless. :D

Kevin

What can you view online? Is the whole lesson videotaped? It's great you like the pro. I like your positive attitude, too. That's very important. It's not quite confidence, but very important, nonetheless. :D

Kevin

My before and after swings are online. Also, the drills that he gave me to do. It's optimism because I haven't had a chance to put what I learned into play yet. I'll let you know after I play on the sim Saturday if it grew into confidence.

Wow Diane!

I am impressed with your approach, and love it that you mean business even in January! :clapp:

I hope and think that this will work out very nicely for you. Good luck!

:thumb::thumb:

Wow Diane!

I am impressed with your approach, and love it that you mean business even in January! :clapp:

I'm lucky in that I have a great golf support network - my family, quite a few friends, many people here at THP and my favorite cheerleader - Kevin.

I'm lucky in that I have a great golf support network - my family, quite a few friends, many people here at THP and my favorite cheerleader - Kevin.

See below.

Wow Diane!

You just joined the cheer leading team. Congratulations. Our mission is to turn Diane into a bogey golfer through her hard work and our encouragement. It's going to be a fantastic adventure.

Kevin

You guys make me smile - thanks. :flowers4u:

You just joined the cheer leading team. Congratulations. Our mission is to turn Diane into a bogey golfer through her hard work and our encouragement. It's going to be a fantastic adventure.
I owe Diane that much! She has been superbly supportive of my efforts!

That is great Diane. Best of luck to you as you build your new golf game. Have fun while you make the changes. I cannot wait to hear how this works out for you.

Good for you Diane, I'm glad you and the pro clicked. That will make a huge difference!

I had a lesson at Golftec this morning. After spending 15 minutes working with me, the pro said that he thought we should make today a practice session rather than moving on to something else. So I stayed and practiced on my own. Some things are finally clicking for me and I appreciate that he didn't push me into something new. I like baby steps.

Re: My Golf Journey for 2010

Diane,

How often are you taking lessons? Biweekly, once a week?

Glad to hear the lessons seem to be paying off for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you have a good instructor. Learning something new before the previous learning subject matter is thoroughly understood is not a good thing. Enjoy your journey. :clapp:
I had a lesson at Golftec this morning. After spending 15 minutes working with me, the pro said that he thought we should make today a practice session rather than moving on to something else. So I stayed and practiced on my own. Some things are finally clicking for me and I appreciate that he didn't push me into something new. I like baby steps.

Diane,

How often are you taking lessons? Biweekly, once a week?

Glad to hear the lessons seem to be paying off for you.

Once a week, but he wants me to practice in between. I worked on drills at home all week and I played on the sim yesterday so I had a lot of questions for him when I got there today.

Sounds like you have a good instructor. Learning something new before the previous learning subject matter is thoroughly understood is not a good thing. Enjoy your journey. :clapp:

I like him a lot - both as an instructor and as a person. He's old school, but has embraced new school as well. He also reads me very well.

I should probably warn everyone that I'm going to be a bit of a pain in this thread. It's really about me and my serious golf journey. Anyone else can share their journeys, but I'd really like to keep it a bit more about real golf.

I am not being antagonistic or defensive but what is "real" golf ? my 2 goals this year are to take each hole as it comes and to break 100 24 times, as opposed to 12. If It happens it happens if it doesn't ok.. In any event Diane this year I wish you all the best trust me you will get there I play to the best of my ability with my disability that is "real" golf to me.

Last edited:
not being smart or antagonistic but what is real golf ? I play to the best of my ability with my disability that is real golf to me.

I think the post was removed. Someone made a joke about their silly golf goals. I was only asking that this not become another banter thread. We have plenty of those already.

This sounds really cool Diane. A far cry from the lessons I took a ton of years ago. Can you send me the link to watch your progress on video? :D Your making great progress by the sounds of several posts. I remember trying several coaches and as you said I didn't click. When I came across this last one everything just fell into place. He had me doing the same things, just explained it in a way I understood.

At the point that I started seeing my ball flight seem to penetrate, (hard to explain, but instead of an arching flight the ball would sort of keep raising?), I knew he had me in the right direction.

Good luck :clapp:

Sounds like he's going to get you fundamentally sound a step at a time. Good plan. Glad it went well. You're going to see some marked improvement.

Kevin

I have plans to play on the sim on Saturday - it's going to be 28* here and a lesson on Sunday. I've been diligently doing drills at home all week focusing on shifting my weight. I'm still a bit jerky, but hopefully can smooth that out soon. I really want to get outside and hit on grass.

I feel very lucky that the pro I'm working with prefers to focus on the positive. He and I both know that I have a lot to work on, but neither of us dwell on that. Instead we celebrate every tiny step forward I make. I am also lucky to have all of you guys encouraging me too. Thanks - it means a lot to me.

You doing drills at home is a big step for you Diane, since you've said that you weren't one to practice in the past. That's great progress!

I'm not even taking the lessons but I'm anxious to see big results...:bulgy-eyes:

You go girl!

Keep after it Diane, the hard work will pay off.

It will be warm enough to be outdoors hitting balls soon! (I hope)

I may actually post a before video and an after video.

Love hearing about your lessons and progress Diane.

good luck to you with the lessons....prediction:you'll be breaking 90's then 80's before the summer is over.

Back