The "Mildly Annoying" Thread

I am one big conductor of static electricity today. I keep getting shocked every time I touch something metal. I'll probably have a hairdo like Doc Brown by the end of the day.

i dropped a salt shaker last night and it shattered all over the place. so....broken glass and the national debt in salt granules on the floor.

that was mildly annoying.

I am one big conductor of static electricity today. I keep getting shocked every time I touch something metal. I'll probably have a hairdo like Doc Brown by the end of the day.

Me too only I get shocked if I touch the Basset Hound's noses.

When my big cat gets on the bed at night to be petted, touching him creates a fantastic static electricity display. He must be used to it, he never even flinches.

That probably elicits some discharge!

They don't seem to notice. I sometimes trip over them and kick them in their heads - they don't notice that either.

Getting moved to a brand new building with a brand new office only to find it's not as nice as the older office or building you were just in :bad:

Grace zapped me good last night. I stood up from the couch and she walked up behind me and stuck her nose on my leg. I felt a good zap and my wife heard it across the room. Grace just sat there and looked at me like "Can we go outside?"

Getting moved to a brand new building with a brand new office only to find it's not as nice as the older office or building you were just in :bad:

Did your drive triple? I had that happen about 6 years ago. Company moved offices, not as nice of a set up, and my drive was tripled. :angry: I'm still slightly annoyed by it.

Did your drive triple? I had that happen about 6 years ago. Company moved offices, not as nice of a set up, and my drive was tripled. :angry: I'm still slightly annoyed by it.

in typical NE fashion...my drive is shorter mileage-wise but longer time-wise now... :banghead:

Grace zapped me good last night. I stood up from the couch and she walked up behind me and stuck her nose on my leg. I felt a good zap and my wife heard it across the room. Grace just sat there and looked at me like "Can we go outside?"

What is it with them and their noses? Nicky likes to poke his nose into everything.

in typical NE fashion...my drive is shorter mileage-wise but longer time-wise now... :banghead:

Mine tripled all the way around. It was litterally a 5 minute drive from my house. So maybe a total of 5 miles. When we moved it went to 25 minutes and 15 miles. :angry: Stupid corporate America.

Mine tripled all the way around. It was litterally a 5 minute drive from my house. So maybe a total of 5 miles. When we moved it went to 25 minutes and 15 miles. :angry: Stupid corporate America.

Amen brother.....I need to win Powerball so the man can work for me rather than me work for the man

HA! My commute is 50 minutes across a dry lake bed.

My wife just was notified in a meeting last night that through cutting down work days and salary reductions, we're looking at something around 20% decrease in her salary.

Is California "Mildly Annoying" or an all out "Rant"?

i dropped a salt shaker last night and it shattered all over the place. so....broken glass and the national debt in salt granules on the floor.

that was mildly annoying.

Did you throw some over your shoulder?

Had a weird client question come up yesterday. It was in an area I supposedly know, but when theory hits reality, things get tricky.

No problem, I think--I'm going to a breakfast seminar about this general topic. I'll pose the question. Surely the speaker or someone in the audience will have come across this issue.

Hah! The speaker read someone else's notes, which were littered with mistakes (including "it's" as a possessive--that should have tipped me off right there). When I asked the question, it was clear that I already knew more about the topic than anyone else in the room.

So I made up the answer.

What is it with them and their noses? Nicky likes to poke his nose into everything.

Lulu does the same thing, we call it the Dolphin poke. She likes to knock over full beers on the coffee table and then try to drink them. I think she may have a problem.
Is California "Mildly Annoying" or an all out "Rant"?

I think we should start a "California is a complet Joke" thread.:D

my whole day has been annoying, or at least i've been annoyed all day, not sure which one yet.

Lulu does the same thing, we call it the Dolphin poke. She likes to knock over full beers on the coffee table and then try to drink them. I think she may have a problem.

What do you call it when she pokes her nose down your shirt?

Nicky likes to poke his nose down my shirt. I think Thanks is right - he's a peeping dog.

Mrs. Esox used to let me get away with that. She may have even encouraged it, but it's been so long I don't recall.

Kein

Back