Best game improvement irons ?

That's funny Kevin.I also hit my G10's very high,a major reason I wanted to change,I feel like I'm leaving yardage behind all the time.
What kind of shafts are you playing in your G10's.There are some PING offingings in shafts that are intended to have a high ball flight.They also offer whatever you want to put in them to a certain extent.Contact them about lie adjustments too.They have quality customer service I've read.

What kind of shafts are you playing in your G10's.There are some PING offingings in shafts that are intended to have a high ball flight.They also offer whatever you want to put in them to a certain extent.Contact them about lie adjustments too.They have quality customer service I've read.

I have the steel shafts.I already contacted them about changing the lie if need be,they charge only $18 for the service....can't beat that!

I like them a lot. I was in the market for some sticks early last year after a 2 year stint with some forged CCI's. The CCI's were nice sticks but ultimately I needed a little more forgiveness so the testing began. I narrowed my decision down to the X22's (i've never owned Cally previously either), Nike Split Cavity, and TM Burners. After hours on the vector l.m. at Golf USA the X22's just produced better results for me. I was custom fit and am extremely happy. They didn't dramatically change my scores but my ball striking might be the strongest part of my game since getting them.

I also like that for a GI iron, they have one of the thinnest toplines and soles to a comparable club. They ooze confidence and i would recommend that you give them a test drive.

Just look how pretty they are:

Golf024-1.jpg

They do look pretty sweet TC1,looks always play a part in my thought process.It want to be happy when I see them in my bag.I see your an Asheville NC guy...I played ball at Wake Forest in 83'-84' then transferred to East Carolina....that's where I got Pirate95.Beautiful country where you live!

Those are purty TC. Looks like plenty of hills and tree trouble all around behind you as well.

They do look pretty sweet TC1,looks always play a part in my thought process.It want to be happy when I see them in my bag.I see your an Asheville NC guy...I played ball at Wake Forest in 83'-84' then transferred to East Carolina....that's where I got Pirate95.Beautiful country where you live!

what type of ball did you play? yeah, it is quite pretty here. there's something about these mountains that just called me back.

Those are purty TC. Looks like plenty of hills and tree trouble all around behind you as well.

the only trouble behind me is what lives in those apartments across the road. Damn hippies!

How are ya Due? The whole families been sick as hell, got whatever stomach bug foster had. according to the doc, it's a one-weeker. Great!

I have the steel shafts.I already contacted them about changing the lie if need be,they charge only $18 for the service....can't beat that!
they have a lot of steel shafts.Some like cs-lites have a high flight.zz 65's are lower.I don't know about the awt's ,and dgs for low fight.But they'll put in others for fee.

the only trouble behind me is what lives in those apartments across the road. Damn hippies!

How are ya Due? The whole families been sick as hell, got whatever stomach bug foster had. according to the doc, it's a one-weeker. Great!

Been good. That darn Foster wants all of you to pay, lol. Hang in there, at least it's winter.

what type of ball did you play? yeah, it is quite pretty here. there's something about these mountains that just called me back.

Football..Al Groh was the head coach then,we didn't see eye to eye I guess you could say.When I left,he sent my position coach up to Long Island at Xmas to ask me to come back.... ECU was a good move.

they have a lot of steel shafts.Some like cs-lites have a high flight.zz 65's are lower.I don't know about the awt's ,and dgs for low fight.But they'll put in others for fee.

Thanks for the heads up,I never new they had different types.I will see what I have and discuss that with Ping.

Football..Al Groh was the head coach then,we didn't see eye to eye I guess you could say.When I left,he sent my position coach up to Long Island at Xmas to ask me to come back.... ECU was a good move.

man, i'm glad it worked out for you in the long run. Wake is beautiful. Had a good friend go there out of high school, just didn't seem like there was much to do and everyone on campus seemed kinda nerdy. Now ECU on the other hand, whew! party school of the state. You need to talk to solidkjames on here, that dude is a hardcore pirate fan.

back to topic before we get in trouble. I was in your predicament last year about this time and there's so many good iron sets out there right now. I would say hit as many as possible and then make yourself come up with an immediate short list of 3 potential sets, then iron them out further and decide from there.

man, i'm glad it worked out for you in the long run. Wake is beautiful. Had a good friend go there out of high school, just didn't seem like there was much to do and everyone on campus seemed kinda nerdy. Now ECU on the other hand, whew! party school of the state. You need to talk to solidkjames on here, that dude is a hardcore pirate fan.

back to topic before we get in trouble. I was in your predicament last year about this time and there's so many good iron sets out there right now. I would say hit as many as possible and then make yourself come up with an immediate short list of 3 potential sets, then iron them out further and decide from there.

Wake was a great school,but the social life was horrible.There were only 2 bars in Winston Salem and we were banned from 1 of them.ECU on the other hand was rockin' to say the least.15,000 students-10,000 girls....good ratio!

That's a good approach,I'll narrow it down to 2 or 3 then see if it makes sense to pull the trigger vs. the G10's.Since I'm lookin' for a change I'm sure I'll find one, even if it's a laterall move.... I hope to find something to be excited about.

.... I hope to find something to be excited about.

i think that's the best way to look at it, and you'll know when you hit the right ones and you stand there holding them, like it was meant to be.

Good luck, keep us posted on what transpires.

i think that's the best way to look at it, and you'll know when you hit the right ones and you stand there holding them, like it was meant to be.

Wiil do!

I'll throw the Nike Victory Red full cavity irons into play here.

I have a little brother that games these sticks. Very nice set.

The new Callaway Diablo Edge are very nice.

You may want to check out the Golf Digest 2010 Hot List and look at Super Game Improvement irons.

You may want to check out the Golf Digest 2010 Hot List and look at Super Game Improvement irons.

I'm open to all brands.The digest has given me a good start point.

Does anyone have opinions on metal shafts that keep the ball flight down a little?

What does "flighted" mean?

I'm open to all brands.The digest has given me a good start point.

Does anyone have opinions on metal shafts that keep the ball flight down a little?

What does "flighted" mean?
As you go from the short irons to the long irons the shaft kick point gets lower to help the golfer get the ball in the air. A higher kick point the lower the flight. A lower kick point the higher the flight (I know, it sounds counter-intuitive, but that's golf!).

A lower launching shaft would be the Project X or Dynamic Gold, to name two.

As you go from the short irons to the long irons the shaft kick point gets lower to help the golfer get the ball in the air. A higher kick point the lower the flight. A lower kick point the higher the flight (I know, it sounds counter-intuitive, but that's golf!).

A lower launching shaft would be the Project X or Dynamic Gold, to name two.

Thanks for the info!

I just thought that I'd let you know that I ordered a set.I hit a few like the X-22,Diablo,G15 and TM Burners,but I liked the feel of the Mizuno MX 1000 the best.So during my testing, my Golfsmith guy gave me a couple different Mizunos to swing.I found that I liked the MX 950's as much as the 1000's.I got a great deal on a set of 950's 3-PW,which includes 3-4 hybrids,for $350...they were $899.The 1000's were $999,so it was a no brainer for me.I can't wait til they arrive late this week.Thanks for your help!

GI IRONS

GI IRONS

give mizuno mx 100s a try ,,great soft feel,,,can be bent if u like...they launch em far....

bethpage! yeah! if you can still get them, grab a set of taylor made cgb max irons. there are no irons on earth easier to hit than these. good luck from a fellow bethpage golfer.

Back