Legal drug use...what have you had?

dynarider

insert witty saying here
Reaction score
Handicap
twits
Not interested in any illegal crap, what have you had from Dr's, in hospitals, etc & how did you like it? What did it do you?

I have had numerous surgeries & aside from 1 time I have never even felt myself going to sleep. Usually it's wide awake 1 second & then the next thing you know it's wake up time. There was 1 instance where I could feel the anesthetic taking control & it was almost as if my eyes had window shades on them & they were slowly being pulled down. Even told the nurses good night.

Right now i'm taking Vicodins & oxys....both are ok but make me nauseous. Demerol is great & I can easily see how someone could become addicted to the better narcotics. Best stuff the Docs ever gave me is something I don't even know the name of. Was in the pre-op room before heart surgery to take the edge off & relieve anxiety. Was having my own little party in my head that day.

I enjoyed the laughing gas while having my wisdom teeth pulled but boy I was a smarta** towards the dentist when he asked me how it was going and I responded well why don't you tell me, your the doc. Surprised I still have all my teeth in.

Vicoden and Oxycodone have treated me well in the past as well.

Laughing gas gives me a massive headache & does nothing for the pain at all.
After heart surgery they had me on the morphine deal where I could hit the button every 10 minutes, I thought it sucked. I wanted something stronger & was told "you're on morphine!!", yea well it's not working. Eventually I think they ended up shooting me up with demerol every couple hrs.

Funny how certain drugs work great for 1 person & yet for someone else it's like sugar water & does nothing.

I loved Darvon when all four wisdom teeth decided to cut just before my trip to Hawai'i. The only other time I've tried it, it did nothing.

Beyond the Demerol, I don't remember the names of anything good I've had.

I want Ritalin.

A couple of 16 oz Miller Lites will do the trick for me. :D

I want Ritalin.

I want that for a co-worker of mine. Guy can't stand still for 10 seconds, always has to be fiddling with the machines & ulitmately ends up screwing them up. his kids are the same way too, all jacked up on Red Bull or something.

I want that for a co-worker of mine. Guy can't stand still for 10 seconds, always has to be fiddling with the machines & ulitmately ends up screwing them up. his kids are the same way too, all jacked up on Red Bull or something.

But I want it for the other reason--to keep me going.

My best friend got liquid cocaine when he had a nose bleed that wouldn't quit. They gave him that and packed his nose. He said his face was all numb.

Nawwwwww Adderall is better. Total concentration :D

fine. Anything that lets me survive on five hours of sleep a night without eating much makes me happy.

fine. Anything that lets me survive on five hours of sleep a night without eating much makes me happy.

It's a drug for folks with ADD. Too much of it and I am sure you could stay up all night and and not be hungry the least bit.

I have had various aches and pains from doing stupid stuff, sports, and just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I was on some Dilaudid Tabs for a while. I thought those were pretty good. I now have first hand knowledge of being in a vegetative state. :bananadance:

I have had various aches and pains from doing stupid stuff, sports, and just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I was on some Dilaudid Tabs for a while. I thought those were pretty good. I now have first hand knowledge of being in a vegetative state. :bananadance:

I have hydrocodone and skellaxin that I take occasionally. My wife is on oxycodone and oxcontin both but I don't touch the stuff. I have heard it can be highly addictive.

Had morphine for the first time a few years ago with a kidney stone and that was really good. This last hospitalization, they started with morphine but it didn't do the trick. A little dilaudid IV and I was just fine. Wow is that some good stuff.

I was on diluadid after my RC surgery. I then had some in pill form (hydromorphone) for a few weeks after. It wasn't really strong, but it helped me sleep.

This thread has me jonesing for a fix. :D

This thread reminds of that Stones song..the one that goes "all my friends are junkies"..I must look like one cause I never get prescribed anything like posted.
Some heavy duty painkillers are popping up.

I use to race motorcycles from 2001-2004 and was in a pretty bad crash at Road Atlanta in 04'. Broke both wrists and my right tibia. I had my arms strapped to my chest for 6 weeks and all i ate were prescribed drugs. I was taking oxcy's and percocets like a mad man.

Unfortunately, i developed a bit of an addiction and struggled with it for nearly a year. Lost a lot in my life at that time and haven't had a pain killer since. Three years ago when I was building houses i had a nasty fall of about 40 feet. Did some serious internal damage but no broken bones and i didn't take one pain killer. Pretty proud moment for me. It still takes a lot of effort to stay away from them.

Personally, they are over prescribed and over used.
That is a milestone.You have my respect for this.

I've had a couple of surgeries over the years - wisdom teeth, knee, achilles - plus a couple of back injuries so had a few fun ones.

Vicodin & Oxycodone are ok, they relieve a little of the pain. Kinda like a strong Advil I guess for me.

Flexeril 10mg was fun when I had my back injuries - usually put me to sleep for 10+ hours at a time. Gotta love a good muscle relaxer.

Probably the best pain med I've ever had was the shot of Dilaudid (I think) that they gave me in the ER when I came in via ambulance right after my achilles ruptured. Most painful injury I've ever had. After that shot, I was in my own happy, pain-free world...

It's a drug for folks with ADD. Too much of it and I am sure you could stay up all night and and not be hungry the least bit.

I am positive you can be up all night with it. I have done it. Way too many times. You can even drink like a fish on it. Oh, to be in college again

I use to race motorcycles from 2001-2004 and was in a pretty bad crash at Road Atlanta in 04'. Broke both wrists and my right tibia. I had my arms strapped to my chest for 6 weeks and all i ate were prescribed drugs. I was taking oxcy's and percocets like a mad man.

Unfortunately, i developed a bit of an addiction and struggled with it for nearly a year. Lost a lot in my life at that time and haven't had a pain killer since. Three years ago when I was building houses i had a nasty fall of about 40 feet. Did some serious internal damage but no broken bones and i didn't take one pain killer. Pretty proud moment for me. It still takes a lot of effort to stay away from them.

Personally, they are over prescribed and over used.

Is this Jimmy Baty?? hahaha

Personally, they are over prescribed and over used

You couldn't be more correct in that statement. When I hurt my neck the doctor kept telling me she would give me an Rx for a pain killer, some muscle relaxers, whatever I wanted. I told her I didn't want anything and she insisted that I take it for the pain. I tried to explain to her that I don't take those kinds of meds but she still wrote the Rx. It's amazing how fast they are to give you the very type of pills that so many are addicted to.

A very close family member of mine is extremely addicted to pain killers among other Rx drugs and it breaks my heart every time I try and have a conversation with them. The sad part is they get the pills from so many different doctors and no one cross references with the other.

You couldn't be more correct in that statement. When I hurt my neck the doctor kept telling me she would give me an Rx for a pain killer, some muscle relaxers, whatever I wanted. I told her I didn't want anything and she insisted that I take it for the pain. I tried to explain to her that I don't take those kinds of meds but she still wrote the Rx. It's amazing how fast they are to give you the very type of pills that so many are addicted to.

A very close family member of mine is extremely addicted to pain killers among other Rx drugs and it breaks my heart every time I try and have a conversation with them. The sad part is they get the pills from so many different doctors and no one cross references with the other.

amen. i see someone like this every day. one of the hardest things i have ever had to deal with. it's because of her that i ration my percocets....for emergencies.

amen. i see someone like this every day. one of the hardest things i have ever had to deal with. it's because of her that i ration my percocets....for emergencies.

It's amazing to watch them. In the morning before they start to take the pills they are almost normal but as the day goes on they just start to become incoherent. At least that's how it is with the person in my life. I don't much talk to them anymore because it's just too hard. And the worst part is they think taking the pills is funny.

It's amazing to watch them. In the morning before they start to take the pills they are almost normal but as the day goes on they just start to become incoherent. At least that's how it is with the person in my life. I don't much talk to them anymore because it's just too hard. And the worst part is they think taking the pills is funny.

in my case....it has been a lifelong struggle for her. then a major tragedy happened and it got 100x worse. when she's clear (which is rare) i talk to her about getting help. she knows she needs it but she's not strong enough to commit. it's really sad.

Back