The "Mildly Annoying" Thread

Sorry, ladies. All pizza is good. There is a time and place for every kind. I know I've said it before, but I had a family party once where I made four kinds of crusts. It is mentioned every time we get together.

I like pizza. A lot. Even certain frozen pizzas are good.

Kevin

Sorry, ladies. All pizza is good. There is a time and place for every kind. I know I've said it before, but I had a family party once where I made four kinds of crusts. It is mentioned every time we get together.

I like pizza. A lot. Even certain frozen pizzas are good.

Kevin
+1 you really can't go wrong with pizza

+1 you really can't go wrong with pizza

I disagree. I would never eat a Dominos pizza. They shouldn't even be allowed to call it pizza.

I disagree. I would never eat a Dominos pizza. They shouldn't even be allowed to call it pizza.

Okay, what I meant to say was all types of pizza are good. Dominos is garbage. I had a thin crust from Papa John's the other day that I threw away after the second piece. The hand tossed was marginally better. Most chain pizza is not very good. Most mom and pop pizza is pretty darn good, and can be sublime.

Kevin

Okay, what I meant to say was all types of pizza are good. Dominos is garbage. I had a thin crust from Papa John's the other day that I threw away after the second piece. The hand tossed was marginally better. Most chain pizza is not very good. Most mom and pop pizza is pretty darn good, and can be sublime.

Kevin

It took you two pieces to figure out you didn't like it? :devil:

It took you two pieces to figure out you didn't like it? :devil:

You can't rush an important decision regarding pizza. What I like is you can tell, even if they're not great, they make they're hand tossed crusts, but use pre-made thin crust that has the consistency of cardboard. The sauce was awful, too. Those sausage pebbles they use at most chains are also disgusting.

Kevin

My entire family is from NY so it's NY style pizza for me. I like to be able to pick up my pizza fold it in half and eat it.

I still say that's almost a Calzone!

Absolute, in fact it's really good. JB and I got a pizza once with riccotta and meatballs on it, it was delicious.

I eat really fast so I like to fold my pizza, it's easier to eat (at least for me it is).

A meatball pizza. May have to try that!

We have meatball pizza here too - sliced like that. Never tried them on white pizza. One place near me makes white pizza with bacon on it - it's really yummy.

We have a place over here that makes the best deep dish white pizza with meatballs and mushrooms.

We have a place over here that makes the best deep dish white pizza with meatballs and mushrooms.

Yum! I love mushrooms on pizza too. Pizza is one of those foods that most all toppings are tasty. I love a supreme pizza, however, I normally dislike most of the individual ingredients on their own but together the flavors marry very well.

I think I have an 8am dentist appointment tomorrow, but I made it a month ago and the office didn't call to remind me. I called there, but after 5pm and it was closed. The recording said they would open tomorrow at 8:30am so I'm thinking they forgot me. I left a message saying I would only come if they called me by 7:30am.

Sausage, anchovies, and green olives is my favorite thin crust pizza. My females won't go near it because of the little fishes. The olives and 'chovies make it really salty, though. I usually eat it with about a gallon of iced tea.

I used to really love me a vodka martini up with anchovie olives. Anchovies are good. Sardines aren't bad either.

Kevin

The best thin crust here is at a place that puts jalepeno oil on the pizza. It has just enough heat to make it interesting. It's great on just cheese, but even better with sausage.

The best thin crust here is at a place that puts jalepeno oil on the pizza. It has just enough heat to make it interesting. It's great on just cheese, but even better with sausage.

I like a little giardiniera on a pizza. Especially a pizza with quality sausage. You've mentioned that pizza before. It sounds great.

Kevin

Sausage, anchovies, and green olives is my favorite thin crust pizza. My females won't go near it because of the little fishes. The olives and 'chovies make it really salty, though. I usually eat it with about a gallon of iced tea.
Kevin

I think anchovies get a bad rep. I keep a little tube of anchovie paste in the fridge and sneak it in every once in a while.

I think anchovies get a bad rep. I keep a little tube of anchovie paste in the fridge and sneak it in every once in a while.

I melt 'em in pasta sauce and they all love the sauce. If you told my females a little richness and saltiness came from anchovies they'd scream bloody murder. I wish I could buy salt packed anchovies in less than a half gallon container.

Kevin

I melt 'em in pasta sauce and they all love the sauce. If you told my females a little richness and saltiness came from anchovies they'd scream bloody murder. I wish I could buy salt packed anchovies in less than a half gallon container.

Kevin
Are the salt packed ones that much better? Ive heard a lot of good things about them.

I used to really love me a vodka martini up with anchovie olives. Anchovies are good. Sardines aren't bad either.

Kevin

I don't particularly care for very salty food but as a kid I remember my mom used to always have sardines in the house and she would love to make herself a sardine salad. I could never stomach the idea of eating it but she loved it. She also loved(s) pickled herring and that is just flat out disgusting :sick:

Last edited:
Back