The "Mildly Annoying" Thread

I juth biff my thonguhh.

I shouldn't complain, but the weather is so weird - I don't know what to wear. Today I went out in jeans, a t-shirt and boots, but saw people in shorts and flipflops and other people in Uggs and down vests. I end up standing in my closet every morning for 10 minutes pondering.

That sounds like Arizona. My wife and I went out for breakfast this AM and I wore shorts and tee shirt. My wife wore cord jeans and sweater with jacket. Next table over was in outfit that looked like upstate NY in January. You have to layer up in the desert. Mornings of 40, 80 by noon, 50 at 8PM...

I'm a little confused. How can you not remember a daydream - you're awake when you have it.

Wasn't paying attention.

Sorry, I really don't know. I daydream constantly on TV sports days.

With all the single-purpose cable channels, isn't every day TV sports day?

Sort of on topic--The Kid has discovered the NFL channel. Makes me miss Survivor Man and Myth Busters.

Does that happen a lot in LA?

Yep, it has to get pretty cold for me to start feeling it but it seems like people here just over exaggerate.

Why does Turkey always seem to dry out faster than any other meat? We had "Thanksgiving" with my in-laws yesterday. The turkey was a little dry and the more you eat the harder it is to swallow. The dinner overall was great but it seems that no matter what turkey always gets dried out while cooking.

Why does Turkey always seem to dry out faster than any other meat? We had "Thanksgiving" with my in-laws yesterday. The turkey was a little dry and the more you eat the harder it is to swallow. The dinner overall was great but it seems that no matter what turkey always gets dried out while cooking.

Thats why you have to brine it. Its so big that it just never cooks right.

Thats why you have to brine it. Its so big that it just never cooks right.

I've never tried that. I just keep using it as a reason to get a turkey frier and let me do it that way. But the wife keeps saying no. Something about burning down the apartment. I think she's afraid I might deep fry my arm while I'm at it.

Lots of gravy helps.

I think she's afraid I might deep fry my arm while I'm at it.

I cant help you with burning down the apartment but if you deep fry your arm I think you would have to eat it. Its one of those man laws.

I heard that deep-fried arm tastes amazingly like bacon.

Back