Callaway XHot Hybrid - Forum Testing Review

You should have played a round where you used it from the tee as much as possible to get a better feel for it!

I am going to do that today and see what I can do with it. I'm hoping to play my local course for twighlight after work.
I love the bombs I get off the tee with it:)

I promised Chunky I'd give the 16° XHP a little more attention and glad that I did. Hit it pretty well tonight on the driving range. Back to back with a few different hybrids and the 3 wood. Trajectory is definitely a lower one than with the fairway wood, which really doesn't surprise me. Stiffer feeling shaft that is designed to launch a little lower, coupled with a low loft hybrid. That's a set up that literally should hit a lower ball, so no shocker. That said, trajectory was mid to mid high and I started seeing some nice carry. Basically the same as the fairway wood, maybe a little less. It rolled farther afterwards, though judging roll on the range is silly since it's nothing like a golf course.

Hit the Super LS well for the first time in a while too, but it was a good 10 yards shorter, if not a bit more. It is 3° less loft though, so it should be shorter. Makes me wonder what the hell I should put in my bag this weekend or going forward in general.

Hawkage!! Very nice dude. This hybrid has been pretty good for me. On off days, I am still seeing 210 and straight. It's a mid/high flight for me. On days that I am swinging well, I am crushing this. 230 off the tee and this is a sneaky long club off the deck for me. Just missed a green to the left the other day and I was 240 out

I was seeing about that much carry tonight (210), but wind made it hard to tell what it would be like in normal conditions. The way it hit the ground running made me think I could grab a good 15+ yards of roll if conditions were good. That's cool with me, since it's not really a club I'd be hitting in the green very often, if ever.

My ball flight is much higher than yours I think. I could easily hold a green with what I am getting. Really liking this club

I've got the F1 in it, which is supposed to be a lower launching shaft. I imagine I could get a little more height with a different set up. I've pondered a switch in shafts a few times.

Dang dude you need the stock PXv in there. That shaft is a high launcher

I agree.

My Morgan Cup XHot hybrids arrived yesterday to much excitement. I have been a long time fan of Callaway an in particular their hybrid range. I have had the Diablo Edge and Razr X hybrids in my bag for a long time. They have always been my go to clubs and the new XHot hybrids will carry on that confidence.

Callaway have done an amazing job with the shaft head in the XHot. Not to heavy and not to light just the way i like it.

I went with 3 & 4 hybrids for my MC bag, both with the stiff stock shaft and the NewDecade MC whiteout white/blue. As you can see from the pics i got straight to the range this morning with them. The 4H is sick i was pumping it out there just at the 200 yard mark with crappy range balls. It had a mid/high flight which was landing nice and soft, exactly what i'm looking for in my hybrids. The 3H was launching a little high for my liking but i think in know why that was. I had gone through the new XHot Pro irons before hitting hybrids and the excitement of it all was leaving me slightly tired and causing me to hit down on the hybrids. My next session should be more interesting.

Anyway less of my rambling. Here is some pictures for you guys

944180_4933963753679_256130495_n.jpg

1044155_4933965553724_1477685700_n.jpg

1000127_4933963953684_1328215992_n.jpg

Those look so slick kelly. I'm sure you are going to hit them really well in MB. Accept in the afternoon round on Saturday..... :alien:

Looking good Kelly, get those thing to work now!

I was seeing about that much carry tonight (210), but wind made it hard to tell what it would be like in normal conditions. The way it hit the ground running made me think I could grab a good 15+ yards of roll if conditions were good. That's cool with me, since it's not really a club I'd be hitting in the green very often, if ever.

Jeez Hawk, you are pounding this thing. You are getting close to officially being called a long knocker.

My Morgan Cup XHot hybrids arrived yesterday to much excitement. I have been a long time fan of Callaway an in particular their hybrid range. I have had the Diablo Edge and Razr X hybrids in my bag for a long time. They have always been my go to clubs and the new XHot hybrids will carry on that confidence.

Callaway have done an amazing job with the shaft head in the XHot. Not to heavy and not to light just the way i like it.

I went with 3 & 4 hybrids for my MC bag, both with the stiff stock shaft and the NewDecade MC whiteout white/blue. As you can see from the pics i got straight to the range this morning with them. The 4H is sick i was pumping it out there just at the 200 yard mark with crappy range balls. It had a mid/high flight which was landing nice and soft, exactly what i'm looking for in my hybrids. The 3H was launching a little high for my liking but i think in know why that was. I had gone through the new XHot Pro irons before hitting hybrids and the excitement of it all was leaving me slightly tired and causing me to hit down on the hybrids. My next session should be more interesting.

Anyway less of my rambling. Here is some pictures for you guys

944180_4933963753679_256130495_n.jpg

1044155_4933965553724_1477685700_n.jpg

1000127_4933963953684_1328215992_n.jpg

These hybrids are awesome bro. You are going to absolutely love them.

LOL no way dude. It's basically a 3 wood replacement at 16°. I'm back to mediocre distance at best.

LOL no way dude. It's basically a 3 wood replacement at 16°. I'm back to mediocre distance at best.

I do not accept that. You are officially in beast mode and on your way to long knocker. I am going backwards, but becoming more accurate. Trade off I can accept.

I was longer earlier in the year, but lost it, then gained some back, then lost it, and now I'm trying to just hit the ball clean and accept how far it goes.

I was longer earlier in the year, but lost it, then gained some back, then lost it, and now I'm trying to just hit the ball clean and accept how far it goes.

I hear you bro. My ball striking has been awesome (for me) lately. The fat shots that were my nemesis for years seem to be coming less frequently and I m putting myself in better positions to score well. Now if I could just improve on my GIR's.

That's a tough one. I've seen some improvement there, but it's still not my strength by any means. It sure makes the game easier to hit the green.

That's a tough one. I've seen some improvement there, but it's still not my strength by any means. It sure makes the game easier to hit the green.

It sure does bro. I look at every GIR as a guaranteed par with a shot at birdie because I won't 3 jack

had another good round with the hybo the other day and an even better range session yesterday..... hit 2 GIR well under GIR on 2 par 5 one from the rough really the more i hit this the more i realize just putting an easy smooth swing will give you the perfect high ball flight that i'm looking for. i need to just remind myself to swing easy and it goes straight and long. at the range i really worked on this and i was seeing perfect shot after perfect shot. def gonna keep working on this every time i hit this i get more and more excited about my fairway wood to arrive! i've hit these enough to know they feel so similar and they are very easy to hit. love that about a hybo.... also very versitile from lots of different lies and conditions. prob one of the more favorite clubs in my bag right now.

The more I use this the more I love this club. I don't remember hitting a bad shot with this on the course. Today I had 253 yards from the rough on a par 5 hit dead center of the green and rolled pin high. Also had to hit it off of 2 tees one was murdered and straight as an arrow right at the 100 yard marker I was aiming at. But the shot of my round today was on hole 16 I have to hit an iron or hybo off the tee because of the dogleg left. Now I've never been able to draw the ball consistently good but I really wanted to try to draw this around the big oak tree on the left side and down the fairway. I swung easy trying to come from the inside and I hit the best hybo shot I've ever hit it perfectly drew right around the tree everyone I played with was impressed outdrove all of them by a mile with their drivers out. Anyway get down to look for my ball can't find it here it rolled through the fairway and as the one guy said when we found it we weren't even looking in the right area code. 267 yard GPSed from the tee. With an easy swing left mean easy 90 yard shot to the pin. By far best placement I've had on that hole I'm usually always closer to 140-150 out on that hole but being able to draw this club cut the corner way off this hole. LOVE THIS CLUB.

Very nice Buck! I swear, the things you can make happen with a 3 hybrid are legendary.

Hit the 16* xhp hybrid for the first time today.

I'm getting rid of my 5w.

That's it. That's my review.

I continue to love my 18° pro. It's so solid. I've hit it enough now that it's no longer perfect, but it's still darn close and I hit it too well to not make huge use of it.

I'm hitting it 235-250 and usually dead straight. Love the high ball flight, too. This may be the best club Callaway has produced this year. Or ever.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

First round with the 3 & 4 hybrids and they are ridiculously easy to hit. I only hit the 3 once that was on a 215 par 3 i ended up just on the fringe hole high. The 4 i used a few times as my second shots on par 5's. Felt like i could go after it with both hybrids. I was fading the ball a little more then i'd like but that is something i can fix quite easily.

My next round with these will be in the morning and i'm confident they will be staying in the bag for a long long time

Easiest hybrid I've hit to date. Period. Appears my hybrid woos are over.

Back