Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we will see what Bama is made of....
Out of the remaining 6 games, only 1 (Chatt) is a powder puff...

I am confident we will be heading back to a showdown with the Gators, but only time will tell.....

bama-RTR

images

Sorry you are correct, I meant Chiles. Chiles is a QB and asked to be moved so he could get on the field, he was maybe not the #1 backup. Sorry just trying to make a positive point about UT I am not a fan so I defer to anyone who is.

I think we could use Chaney today-lol. No prob, our offense looks pathetic today. I think our early schedule of patsies has caught up with us.

Last edited:
I am going to pull my hair out if the Huskers don't get their crap together.:banghead:

Hopefully today will be the end of the Ohio St talk for atleast one year. It will also most likely put the Big 10 on the outside looking in for the National Championship as they should be right now. Texas did not look good, but they got the job done and held serve. Florida is losing against AK right now, but I still say it will be those two teams in the BCS game this year.

Wow Michigan rolled up 727 yards of offense with 461 yards on the ground. Of course it was against Delaware State. Still a lot of offense no matter who you play.

Florida didn't look like much today. The refs gave them the game.

Florida didn't look like much today. The refs gave them the game.

Their offense was pretty bad, but I am not sure after watching this entire game with GG that I would say the refs had anything to do with it. AK choked in the 2nd half. In fact I am not sure I saw a single call on either side that would be considered questionable.

Their offense was pretty bad, but I am not sure after watching this entire game with GG that I would say the refs had anything to do with it. AK choked in the 2nd half. In fact I am not sure I saw a single call on either side that would be considered questionable.

I have to disagree. The Defensive Pass Interference in the end zone was bogus. The ball was so underthrown no one could have caught it. And the No-call on Cooper when he was all over Arkansas' defensive back should have been offensive pass interference.

Arkansas lost the game regardless with their extremely poor defense on the last two series and with their poor FG kicking.

I saw at least 2 pass interference calls that were questionable in important situations. (1 against AR and one no call against FL.)

But AR missing that last field goal didn't help their cause.

The pi call toward the end and the unsportsmanlike penalty on the player 20 yards from the play looked pretty bad to me. The Florida player was blocking him and he shoved him back-didn't look unsportsmanlike to me. The announcers even commented that it was a bs call.

I thought the PI call was completely legit. The guy was draped all over him.

I thought the PI call was completely legit. The guy was draped all over him.

The guy (defensive back) turned in time and could have made a play on the ball if it had not been 3 yards underthrown. That is a lot different that "draped all over him". The DB has every right to the ball when its in the air and in fact, the only person that ball touched was Arkansas' DB, it hit him in the shin.

The guy (defensive back) turned in time and could have made a play on the ball if it had not been 3 yards underthrown. That is a lot different that "draped all over him". The DB has every right to the ball when its in the air and in fact, the only person that ball touched was Arkansas' DB, it hit him in the shin.

That's how I saw it as well. Bad call imo.

You are right the DB has every right at the ball, however a DB cannot impede the progress of a WR once the ball is thrown. The DB blocked the WR from coming back to make a play on it.

You are right the DB has every right at the ball, however a DB cannot impede the progress of a WR once the ball is thrown. The DB blocked the WR from coming back to make a play on it.

JB-

I think you may be thinking of a different play. There was no contact on the one I was talking about (and I assume the one C-Tech and Spinspan are referring to) other than some hand fighting. Both players turned for the ball at the same time and the DB had position (he was in front of the wide receiver), but the ball fell short. The WR was not impeded by the DB, it was just a poorly thrown ball that neither player could get too. If it had been a better pass, it would have hit the AR DB in the chest.

Im referring to the ball that Tebow (as usual, because he is a horrible passer) threw short of the WR in the endzone and the DB kept the WR by blocking him to the ball. Rewinding DVR shows that I was incorrect, this was NOT called. The announcers said "That was a blown call".

#19 Georgia Tech takes down #4 VaTech 28-23

There are 3 things I truly love in sports. A Cardinals win, a Michigan football win, and a Notre Dame loss. Fight on!! USC!

Someone please explain to me how a team that lost to Washington and hasn't played any decent teams can be ranked #4 in the polls?

Because they are getting the benefit of the doubt. Really the same can be said for most of the top teams because of early strength of schedule and HOW BAD they are.

The same reason that Penn St was ranked ahead of Iowa still 2 weeks ago after Iowa beat them at home. The same way Ole Miss was ranked ahead of South Carolina after they beat them head to head. The polls are a complete joke.

It is no big surprise, but a surprise none the less, but Alabama has moved into the #1 spot in the AP poll. Florida hasn't shown much the last two weeks, and Alabama has been steady. I figured that Alabama would steal some more votes, but I didn't think they would take over #1. It doesn't really matter though. They will go back and forth until they play. The only ranking that matters is the one that will come out Dec 6th. Plus the coaches and the BCS will both have Florida #1.

It really seems like a year when no team wants to dominate the game, everyone has a flaw or two that keeps them from dominating. I smell yet another controversy in the BCS when it is all said and done. There will be a bunch of teams with 1 loss and nothing will be solved, as usual.

I disagree with the USC comment. No one has a good schedule, but compared to the other top teams, they have played a pretty tough schedule to this point. Nothing spectacular, but better than most everyone else. They have beaten 3 pretty good teams on the road, and have only played 2 games at home so far.

With the exception of Notre Dame (which should not have been ranked) have they beated a team that is still ranked in the top 25? Playing in the Pac-10 is pretty much a joke right now for USC. Not a knock on them, they are a solid team, but Cal was considered a threat and they are terrible. And lets not forget they HAVE A LOSS ALREADY.

Who else would you put at #4? Boise St? Cincinnati? TCU? Iowa? LSU? Miami would be the best one loss team other than USC, but they got blasted by Virgina Tech. At least SC didn't get embarrassed. Sure Washington isn't a great team, but any conference game on the road can be tough. Especially when the coach knows everything about your program.

Top 25 that each has beaten.

Alabama - Va Tech #15 (neutral), South Carolina #23 (home)
Florida - LSU #9 (road)
Texas - Oklahoma #25 (neutral)
USC - Ohio St #18 (road)
Cincinnati - none
Boise St. - Oregon #12 (home)
Iowa - Penn St #13 (road)
Miami - Georgia Tech #11 (home), Oklahoma #25 (home)
LSU - none
TCU - none

Point is, no one has played an overly tough schedule. And there is no one else to put in that spot right now.

But JB, by that reasoning Florida would be overrated - they've only beaten one team that's still ranked so far - and won't be playing another ranked team before the SEC Championship Game unless South Carolina manages to not lose any more games.

And as expected the USA Today Coaches Poll had Florida #1 (49 votes vs 9 for Alabama?!?!).

I have to give programs like USC some credit though. At least they're not afraid to book some good schools for their non-conference schedule. A lot of the top-tier schools have a tendancy to book gimme's for their filler games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back