2012 Scotty Staff Bag

Shocker, a Cameron collector flipping his product for a handsome profit. It's crazy how non production Cameron stuff appreciates in value overnight.

I may not care for him at all as a putter maker/"designer", but there is no denying he's a marketing genius. No denying at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm shocked that Scooter actually designed the bag. But still, I like the bag better without the crown.

I would love to get a staff bag, but I enjoy walking too much when I play, and I am not a fan of pull carts. Maybe in a few more years when my age catches up to me and I can't carry my bag 18 without complaining about my back or knees I will spring for a nice pull cart and staff bag.

I would love to get a staff bag, but I enjoy walking too much when I play, and I am not a fan of pull carts. Maybe in a few more years when my age catches up to me and I can't carry my bag 18 without complaining about my back or knees I will spring for a nice pull cart and staff bag.
We need to get you club ho'ing so you can have one of these beauties sitting in your office holding your spare set :)

For those that are ripping Scotty for this design, when DL3 went to him to design a bag, did you expect him not to be able to sell it? He was the one designed the bags for the Ryder Cup. He didnt rip anyone off.

I'd be really surprised if he actually designed it himself. I could he wrong though.

By him I mean him actually doing every step, not some lackey or team and then he slaps his name on it.

I'd be really surprised if he actually designed it himself. I could he wrong though.

Scotty Cameron as a company designed them. I guess he ripped it off from the person he paid to do it.

Stupid Taylormade ripping their designs off from their design team. Losers.

It's a good looking bag, a bit flashy for my tastes, but I've never even had a staff bag.

Scotty Cameron is the Steve Jobs of the golf world.

Scotty Cameron as a company designed them. I guess he ripped it off from the person he paid to do it.

So touchy... The crown is just another way to fleece the SC ho's

See that's what you don't get. TMs design team actually designs stuff.

I would imagine a SC design meeting to go something like this.
"OK guys we gave it our best with the detour and futura but they were god awful, so go find me some designs I can rip off so we can throw a crown or terrier on it, call it our own, and watch the lemmings eat it up like crack"

"OK guys we gave it our best with the detour and futura but they were god awful, so go find me some designs I can rip off so we can throw a crown or terrier on it, call it our own, and watch the lemmings eat it up like crack"
Weren't you gaming a GoLo? haha

"I really like that Gambler series from Never Compromise. We should make the same putter and put my name on. We could charge double and have a release press conference. People will love it."

Weren't you gaming a GoLo? haha

Sure was. It was his only design that I feel was even remotely good and he nailed it.

The difference is I bought the putter because it worked, not because it said scotty cameron on it. That's the point I am trying to make here.

People need to try and keep up here.

Sure was. It was his only design that I feel was even remotely good and he nailed it.

The difference is I bought the putter because it worked, not because it said scotty cameron on it. That's the point I am trying to make here.

I hear ya, but you were making fun of his designs or lack there of and ripping them off. And then proceeded to contradict yourself saying he nailed the GoLo design. So you're saying he does well, some times.

Just poking some fun.

Dude, they earned this rep over the years. Its what he has done again and again so NATURALLY people are going to think it every time. Dude is a marketing GENIUS but lacks true putter design creativity, the Futura and Detour are prime examples, he did finally get a unique one right with the GoLo though, I do like it alot. The problem is the Cameron army perpetuates and drives this cycle. SO many people I see that scoff at me NOT gaming a scotty and claiming to be serious about my golf that its ridiculous.

Bottom line, when you create and feed a perception for years, people will go to that fact first every time. Its the nature of this. Scotty doesn't give a rats arse though, he's making bank.

You and I are so similar sometimes its scary.

I hear ya, but you were making fun of his designs or lack there of and ripping them off. And then proceeded to contradict yourself saying he nailed the GoLo design. So you're saying he does well, some times.

Just poking some fun.

One for ten ain't bad.:alien:

If something works for someone great, roll it. I just love the scotty crazies that think he is the be all end all of putter makers.

JRod and Jman (and anyone else), I keep hearing that SC is a marketing genius but you never see his putters on commercials or much print media which is typical of someone getting ahead with a marketing idea. I know most of my SC interest came from seeing players on the tour playing with them. I'm just curious about what is it that SC is doing to make him a marketing genius? Word of mouth? Professional players? His own reputation being told by others?

Thanks!

Nate, I think a ton of it is word of mouth and the fact that a lot of tour pros use them. I personally love Cameron putters and will probably never switch. I bought my first one in 2000 after seeing them in the bags of tour pros and bought it basically because of the allure behind them. I gamed it for ten years and still have it. I bought a new one 3 years ago and love this one just as much.

As for his marketing, he has a HUGE following and it's almost cult like! I think he takes the stand as this. I'm selling putters like hotcakes and haven't made a commercial or put out much print on my putters in years. It's working and I'm not going to change it. It's a little elitist if you ask me but hey, if it works....

About the bag. I LOVE it! If I were a one percenter, I'd have it. Love the design, love the crown! It's a great bag!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It's the cult that markets SC. He just splashes his name and a few colorful buttons and it sells itself. Genius in my book. As is the love hate controversy.

I think his marketing is creating his brand name as an exclusive product. I remember golfing as a Jr. in the 90's and wanting a Cameron real bad. It was just so damn expensive and could really be thought of as the first premium/luxury line. He then started producing limited releases and it just took off.

JRod and Jman (and anyone else), I keep hearing that SC is a marketing genius but you never see his putters on commercials or much print media which is typical of someone getting ahead with a marketing idea. I know most of my SC interest came from seeing players on the tour playing with them. I'm just curious about what is it that SC is doing to make him a marketing genius? Word of mouth? Professional players? His own reputation being told by others?

Thanks!

Pay to play is why SO many play them on tour. That said, people seeing them like you drive a market for ALL of the "special" headcovers, ball markers, divot tools, and any random trinket he puts out as "limited edition". That's genius. He doesn't need to advertise in magazines, its to the point now where the collectors feed the market and he feeds the collectors. He basically prints his own money, that is a marketing genius IMO.

Thanks!

I really don't know Nate. JB or Jman could answer better than me.

Back