New TaylorMade Irons Spotted

Well, hopefully THP will be getting their paws on some sooner than later. I much prefer in hand pictures.

GG takes awesome pictures. Way better than any stock photos.

Look like an ap2 with a slot.

Interesting look, curious if the slot actually does anything other than gather dirt and grass.

I hope that is not the final design for the cavity. That is godawful. The sole looks interesting. Looks like the first iron that is being made with some Adams tech thrown in there. I like it

I hope that is not the final design for the cavity. That is godawful. The sole looks interesting. Looks like the first iron that is being made with some Adams tech thrown in there. I like it

I bet they end up being a good looking player's iron

I bet they end up being a good looking player's iron

I would hope so. I have not really liked the latest TM offerings. Pretty much since the R9

SHeesh chunky, read the first post bro. That pattern is just there to "disguise" the design of the cavity, LOL

I like what I see, interesting for sure.

SHeesh chunky, read the first post bro. That pattern is just there to "disguise" the design of the cavity, LOL

Haha sorry dudes. I'm so busy at work I just have no time to do anything but skim

Haha sorry dudes. I'm so busy at work I just have no time to do anything but skim

It's all good ese.

I think a lot of folks thought the same thing. "Jeez, first white and now zebra patterns, just because they can", LOL

I'm definitely keen to see more.

It's all good ese.

I think a lot of folks thought the same thing. "Jeez, first white and now zebra patterns, just because they can", LOL

Me too. I love when some interesting stuff happens with the sole.

It's all good ese.

That would be funny if they actually came out and kept the zebra pattern. Curveball!!

Think of it like this:

2012-bmw-1-series-m-car-spy-shots_100313649_l.jpg

Me too. I love when some interesting stuff happens with the sole.

I don't know dude. I hate how stuff like that just will collect crap. Like that little tiny channel in the R11's. I hated it. But I'm OCD about clubs.

I thought you just liked your soles as fat as possible :alien:

Can't wait to see all the new 2013 items about to hit the net!

No I mean I like when they try to make changes to the sole. As a digger, the sole is vital for me. There are certain irons that I literally can't hit or they will just cave in the ground. I wonder if the slot will change how it sounds/feels kind of like on putters

No I mean I like when they try to make changes to the sole. As a digger, the sole is vital for me. There are certain irons that I literally can't hit or they will just cave in the ground. I wonder if the slot will change how it sounds/feels kind of like on putters

AH, I see. I don't really know dude. I imagine it makes them feel different for sure. I love the implementation of the Taylormade and the placement of it. I'm hoping for a nice, clean, simplistic cavity. That's optimistic isn't it?

Thanks for resizing that.

(My guess is TC?)

Nope. I'm not a mod anymore right now dude. Wasn't me.

Can't wait to see the finished product. I've loved their last three iron offerings and can't imagine these being anything but stellar. I know you'll keep us posted.

Interesting. I'm seeing a little notch cut out in the toe and around the hosel. That makes me wonder if its done to offset the material removed to make that slot and keep the cg lower. Of course if it is in fact a slot and not a sharpie line to mess with us. If it is a slot I hope they put something in there to help keep debris out.

Looks like a speed slot on the sole. These could be very interesting for the 2013 season!

My first thought was that the slot in the sole looks like the rbz woods power channel or slot or whatever. That would mean the offset would fit in and the thicker sole too would indicate a possible RBZ iron replacement or an addition to the RBZ line. Adding another iron set to the RBZ line would make sense as TMag has did a lot of advertising on the Rocketballz thing and their development cycle seems to be every two years so adding to the line this year would make marketing sense.

My first thought was that the slot in the sole looks like the rbz woods power channel or slot or whatever. That would mean the offset would fit in and the thicker sole too would indicate a possible RBZ iron replacement or an addition to the RBZ line. Adding another iron set to the RBZ line would make sense as TMag has did a lot of advertising on the Rocketballz thing and their development cycle seems to be every two years so adding to the line this year would make marketing sense.

Perhaps. This could be a RBZ Forged model that they could add to the lineup....I could see a marketing campaign like, "RBZ distance, Forged feel and workability."

Back