Miyazaki B. Asha Shafts - Everything You Want To Know

Super stable feeling for me ST, no discernible load point for me but I have a hard time picking up on that anyways sometimes and time was limited.

It impressed me though, the 5X was great.

Stable is an AWESOME way to describe the 5x. No matter what I did with it, the shaft was up for the challenge every time.

ST this thing felt like the stability of a 7M3 with the feel of a C Kua/Kusala black. I can't believe how well they mated the two together.

Super stable feeling for me ST, no discernible load point for me but I have a hard time picking up on that anyways sometimes and time was limited.

It impressed me though, the 5X was great.

Cheers J!

Stable is an AWESOME way to describe the 5x. No matter what I did with it, the shaft was up for the challenge every time.

A good descriptor!

I most definitely felt the shaft load and it just came through the ball beautifully.

ST this thing felt like the stability of a 7M3 with the feel of a C Kua/Kusala black. I can't believe how well they mated the two together.

A: I'm suprised you don't break shafts that are under flexed when you swing : p
B: Interesting description. Were you seeing a somewhat higher flight over the M3 as well?

I was fortunate enough to take the 5x strapped to a Razr Fit out on course Saturday and Sunday this weekend. I've got some thoughts I'd like to share.

To begin, i want to point out that I hit both the 5x and the 7x on the range. While the 7x just powered through the golf ball, the added weight appeared to increase my trajectory as compared to the 5x. It seems like the consensus, but the 5x outperformed my expectations.

I currently play an open faced driver, so it took some time to get used to the Razr at standard (by choice) but once it was locked in, I felt extremely confident with it. So much so that I was able to hit a 290+ yard par 4 on the fly twice in two days with it.

In demoing other shafts Saturday morning, I felt a noticeable lag in them trying to catch up with my swing. Especially on impact, I felt a pretty heavy shudder on a number of them. Switching to the B.Asha was awesome. My miss was definitely left, but only on tired swings. If I took it to the ball, it loaded beautifully every single time and did not shudder once. Even on shots that went well outside on the club face generated a draw but did not caused the head to kick back like so many shafts I've hit before.

I love the idea of a shaft that actually wants you to step on your swing (and rewards you for it). My current gamer along with many I've tried demand some seriously good tempo to get the flight I need. With the B.Asha, the best shots I had were on full swings when i 'got after' the ball.

I will note that I still had some pretty serious height on many of my drives, but the ball seemed to climb immediately to its' desired height and then pierced through the air until it lost momentum. Maybe it's the difference between a 9.5 head and an 8.5 head for me, but I had no legitimate issues with the height.

The most notable experience (aside from the par 4 already mentioned) was on the final hole of the weekend. I hammered my first drive and decided to take an extra swing just because I knew my minutes with it were numbered. Remarkably, the ball landed within two feet of the first one. Very similar in flight with baby draws, I can't believe how much consistency can be generated from this shaft.

Also, it's beautiful...

56283C9F-AF3E-43D4-8CAC-C0CFE0FF620D-7060-000009E2E03F737E.jpg

Great write up Dan you echo my thoughts exactly!

I think it's awesome that you guys are saying that this shaft really wants you to go after it. I have a pretty aggressive swing and transition, and I have yet to find a shaft that fits me well but still lets me swing hard at it. I launch the ball pretty mid, maybe low, in general, so I'd love to find a shaft that launches it high, but doesn't balloon when I go after it. The NV65 I play now flies way up there if I go after it, and I found the same thing to be true with the C. Kua. I have to tone it down to get optimal results with those shafts. I swung a Kusala Black a few weeks ago, and it stood up to my being aggressive nicely, but it launched too low for me. If this can really get it up in the air and still be stable on an aggressive swing, that sounds awesome.

The more I look at this shaft the more I want to see it in a Cleveland Classic. The color scheme looks like it was made to be in that club. I have been trying to find a LH Classic around here to hit but have been unsuccessful.

Just took a look at the flex chart for it.

A: I LOVE the profile they've gone with here. Good, stiff butt with a extra stable mid and a slightly softer tip. Looks sort of like a HD6 in profile until you get to the final quarter. Should bring the launch up some more.

Total skimming but did it feel more like a one piece shaft, or were people picking up a deliberate load point?

B: The CPM's per flex rating are up there. 270 CPM's on a stiff is high if they're being measured the same way. It's is rolling well into a X in other brands. Definately going to need a fitting to sort out which flex is best for one.

Dude, you blow my mind with your shaft knowledge. I wish I knew half of what you knew. LOL.

Where are you seeing a flex chart for these? I went to Miyazaki's website and didn't see anything. I hit the 5X in the Razr Fit in St. Louis and thought the shaft felt a little stiff, when compared to the Motore Speeder VC 7.1 X. I wasn't swinging the driver well at all that day, so I am taking my experience with the B. Asha that morning with a grain of salt.

The more I look at this shaft the more I want to see it in a Cleveland Classic. The color scheme looks like it was made to be in that club. I have been trying to find a LH Classic around here to hit but have been unsuccessful.

Agreed Dev, it's the first driver head that came to mind when I saw the shaft, hopefully that's where one of the testers puts it!!!

I'm really sad I didn't get to spend more time with the 4S, I can't wait to see what all the testers will have to say. Hopefully we get a good dispersion of head choices as well!

Agreed Dev, it's the first driver head that came to mind when I saw the shaft, hopefully that's where one of the testers puts it!!!

That's certainly what I would put it in if selected. Heck, I'd probably buy a second 290 so I can test them head to head. They're cheap enough these days.

Dude, you blow my mind with your shaft knowledge. I wish I knew half of what you knew. LOL.

Where are you seeing a flex chart for these? I went to Miyazaki's website and didn't see anything. I hit the 5X in the Razr Fit in St. Louis and thought the shaft felt a little stiff, when compared to the Motore Speeder VC 7.1 X. I wasn't swinging the driver well at all that day, so I am taking my experience with the B. Asha that morning with a grain of salt.

Little birdie sent me all the paperwork for them. I tend to really like Miya offerings and tend to be a pusher of them (along with Matrix) so sometimes get stuff early.

270CPM as a stiff is in line with Fuji so you should be pretty comparable between the X Asha and the Speeder line. It's also why so many people have problems with the F1 for example. A stiff F1 is STOUT (not the TM one) and really catches people off guard. Most guys would be better suited to the R then the S both there and through the rest of the Speeder .X lineup.

I was only able to hit the 4 series B.Asha shaft on the range last Saturday in Atlanta. It was assembled with a Razr fit head, I believe a 9.5 degree. My first impressions were really good because even though I knew that the shaft was "light weight", it didn't actually feel that way in my hands during the swing. I could feel the club head weight during the swing but it wasn't that noticeable when compared to my own driver. I currently use a YS-6 standard stiff flex driver and have for a number of years, which almost 30 grams heavier than the Miyazaki 4 series that i hit at the range. The tee shots tended to have a little higher ball flight than my own driver and also went about 5 to 10 yards left of my target. At the time, I was fairly warmed up so my swing should have been much like the one I take to the course.
I'm not really sold on the Razr fit clubhead but I was pleased with the feel, consistency and ball flight from the new shaft. I'd like to know what my launch angle was witht he spin rate data. Maybe someday!

Little birdie sent me all the paperwork for them. I tend to really like Miya offerings and tend to be a pusher of them (along with Matrix) so sometimes get stuff early.

270CPM as a stiff is in line with Fuji so you should be pretty comparable between the X Asha and the Speeder line. It's also why so many people have problems with the F1 for example. A stiff F1 is STOUT (not the TM one) and really catches people off guard. Most guys would be better suited to the R then the S both there and through the rest of the Speeder .X lineup.

I would love to pick your brain and listen to your thoughts over a few beers. Great googly moogly. LOL.

Well, needless to say, if I am fortunate enough to be chosen for this round of testing, I will be barking up you and your little birdies tree before making a decision.

A: I'm suprised you don't break shafts that are under flexed when you swing : p
B: Interesting description. Were you seeing a somewhat higher flight over the M3 as well?

Absolutely ST. While by no means ballooning I was getting a higher trajectory than my 7m3. The range we were at was extremely elevated so it was a little difficult to tell just how much. I would love to get some numbers on a monitor with this thing because the feel is just incredible.

Absolutely ST. While by no means ballooning I was getting a higher trajectory than my 7m3. The range we were at was extremely elevated so it was a little difficult to tell just how much. I would love to get some numbers on a monitor with this thing because the feel is just incredible.

Cheers Jrod, this is quite helpful.
I'd love to see you roll with both and get some numbers. I suspect there'd be a signifigant change between them but not out of the well fit band for you.

I would love to pick your brain and listen to your thoughts over a few beers. Great googly moogly. LOL.

Well, needless to say, if I am fortunate enough to be chosen for this round of testing, I will be barking up you and your little birdies tree before making a decision.

Sounds fun to me. One of these days, I will get to an outing or something.

I can't stop thinking about the B.Asha 5x. The experience this weekend changed my mentality on the driving game and while it's always been enjoyable, made something I was taking just a bit too seriously legitimately fun again.

The testing on this is going to seriously open some eyes. If you get a chance everyone, hit this shaft. Hit every single one you can.

I can't stop thinking about the B.Asha 5x. The experience this weekend changed my mentality on the driving game and while it's always been enjoyable, made something I was taking just a bit too seriously legitimately fun again.

The testing on this is going to seriously open some eyes. If you get a chance everyone, hit this shaft. Hit every single one you can.

I'll give this a +1. Dan really enjoyed demoing the different shaft options but it was obvious he fell in love with this one. It was great to see him excited about the potential this shaft has with the right club head to help give him a lower ball flight and even more distance

Great to see you found the right B. Asha for your swing. Really enjoyed reading your review and everyone else's during the Tour Van stops. The testing thread sure is going to be a great one.

I plan on hitting the B. Asha line for sure, it's definitely at the top of my list. Reading all these great reviews only has me more interested in these shafts.

I'll give this a +1. Dan really enjoyed demoing the different shaft options but it was obvious he fell in love with this one. It was great to see him excited about the potential this shaft has with the right club head to help give him a lower ball flight and even more distance

The head would be the real wildcard here.. So many great options..

Great to see you found the right B. Asha for your swing. Really enjoyed reading your review and everyone else's during the Tour Van stops. The testing thread sure is going to be a great one.

I plan on hitting the B. Asha line for sure, it's definitely at the top of my list. Reading all these great reviews only has me more interested in these shafts.

I really appreciate you taking the time to read Stan, and can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. I think you'll find it to be far superior to the C.Kua.

Last edited:
I finally got into a groove with my C.Kua this weekend, and it seriously scared me how long, and how straight that I hit it for 3 days in a row. Really looking forward to hearing the feedback, I really really want to try a B.Asha on for size !

Finally sat down and listened to the In The Rough with JB and Tim from Miyazaki talking about the B. Asha.

Couple of things.

1.) Tour Pros and THP members, were some of the first people in the world to try this shaft hands on. Let that sink in for a moment. That is amazing.

2.) If I understood correctly, Cleveland will be rolling with the B. Asha this year, but in a modified visual package? This shaft is a year behind the Classic, and that is unfortunate, because that tandem would have looked boss together. The B. Asha is one of the sexiest shafts I have ever seen and I see it ending up in a LOT of Classics, just because the shaft should be in a Classic.

3.) I noticed the roughness/matte finish of the shaft in St. Louis. Little did I know, this wasn't for cosmetics, but a performance feature to increase drag.

4.) I am glad they have went to the 3,4,5 instead of 39, 49, 59, so forth. I am not super familiar with Miyazaki and as somewhat of a shaft noob, and I would glaze over a little bit when looking at their lineups. And still don't ask me to explain or understand international flex codes. I am still a little lost there.

I swung the 4X in St. Louis, and I think I just appreciate and handle a heavier driver shaft better. I think I saw that Graehm was playing a 5X at the Ryder Cup and I can't recall seeing one in St. Louis, let alone hitting one. I think I did see that they are going to offer a 7 series, which will be 75g maybe on the Stiff and 77g in the X.

2.) If I understood correctly, Cleveland will be rolling with the B. Asha this year, but in a modified visual package? This shaft is a year behind the Classic, and that is unfortunate, because that tandem would have looked boss together. The B. Asha is one of the sexiest shafts I have ever seen and I see it ending up in a LOT of Classics, just because the shaft should be in a Classic.

I think I did see that they are going to offer a 7 series, which will be 75g maybe on the Stiff and 77g in the X.

A: But it's not a year behind the adjustable Classic which may or may not be a different colour...

B: There is a 7 series in the S and X

A: But it's not a year behind the adjustable Classic which may or may not be a different colour...

B: There is a 7 series in the S and X

Never thought about an adjustable Classic. Good call. Mind blown.

Thanks for confirming the 7 series, Shaft Master Flex.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

I also think having something with a smaller circumference butt end will be appealing. Much easier to regrip, LOL

I hated that about the mashie hybrids. I love the idea of a thinner butt end.

Back