THP Tour Van Event - Atlanta, GA

I don't even want to read this thread because I don't want to know how much of a good time I missed.

You missed a little bit of humor between you and me. My name is Seth, and when I started introducing myself as Seth at the outing, some people thought I was Setho. I'm pretty sure that you will be noted as present during the first tee introductions. I swear that I heard, "This is Setho -- not it's not, it's ATLGolfer" when I was standing on the first tee.

You missed a little bit of humor between you and me. My name is Seth, and when I started introducing myself as Seth at the outing, some people thought I was Setho. I'm pretty sure that you will be noted as present during the first tee introductions. I swear that I heard, "This is Setho -- not it's not, it's ATLGolfer" when I was standing on the first tee.

That is hilarious! You have to be taller than me though.

Stay with me, this could get long...

Saturday's Round: Played w/ Greg, Motoo and ATLGolfer.
Prior to the round, MaryC had put cookies out on the first tee. I ate a good bit of them, but not as many as the Starter did. I swear he went back to the bag about 5 or 6 times for more. Hello deliciousness.

This round was an absolute blast to play. I rode with Greg, who I like to call Little Dufner. Rolls the anser style putter with the Superstroke jumbo on it and has the laid back attitude to his game. The dude can hit it a country mile and just loves to play the game. Mitch, aka Motoo, was a joy to be around. He is on quite the journey now and I wish him safe travels and hope that if he finds his way down to South Florida, we can tee it up. ATLGolfer can swing the Classic with the best of them. We had some fun football banter back and forth, and I am sure enjoyed taking my money on those Par 3s. What a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon. We all played quite decent, and we decided to play a little 4-Ball on the back 9, everytime Greg and I thought we would win a hole, ATLGolfer would drain a putt or chip in or pull something out of his - - - that would keep them right in it. We lost down 1 on 18, but what a fun time it was.

I played pretty well, had some putts drop and made my way around the course (elevation changes really mess with my mind). Not much water in play on the course, really only on 18. Yeah, my ball rolled in to it. Just a reminder to folks, be careful when fishing your ball out of a pond, never know what you might find. Boom-- Golden Ticket :bulgy-eyes:.

It was actually 2up with my birdie on 18, but who's counting...

Great write-up. It was a blast playing with you, "golden ticket" notwithstanding.

First of all, I want to thank THP for the having the outing in Atlanta. JB, GG and Chewie pulled off another success!

The hospitality and graciousness to my great friend "Printman" (Bill) and I was over the top. He enjoyed the outing I think as much as I did. We arrived and made our way to the range to find a group of about 25 THP'ers swinging away and talking with each with large smiles, having a blast. It was easy to join in, grab a couple of clubs and join the joy. The group had a wide range of hackers. Some young, some old, some wide, some thin, some tall, some short, some quiet, some loud, some longer, and some shorter (each of you fit in at least two of these groups - you can figure it out). I got to meet a few new THP'ers and see some again that I had met at the 2012 THP Demo Day. Eveyone was genuinely happy to be there and was
having a great time.

Range Notes - I tried out a couple of clubs that I hadn't seen before. One, the Cobra driver and then the Miyazaki B.Asha 4.1 shaft (thanks to Tadashi). The Cobra driver still has the good contact feel as last years model had. Unfortunately the shaft wasn't right for me. However, having the adjustability options is a very valuable benefit. The Miyazaki shaft has awesome graphics and the numbering system for the shafts that indicate flex spec's is really slick. I ended up taking this shaft with a RAZR Fit head on it to the course. I think Tadashi hit it more than I did though. I had to change the face to a Closed setting before I could keep it out of the right rough or tree's.

A few clear images from Saturday
A clear image in my mind from the range was hearing T0AD say "Oh Wow!" after hitting a new driver. The reason it stands out is that he said it with so much surprise. He had just crushed it out there straighter and longer than he had ever anticipated. I'm not sure what club it was but I have a sneaking suspicion that he may be in the market for one of those.

Another clear image is hearing Tadashi's father say, "I think I'm going to move over to the other side of the chipping green." after dodging a couple of my extra-long sand trap shots at the practice green.

I arrived at the putting contest a little late and observed my friend Donne (adwillingham+) standing near the hole with a large smile on his face. I soon learned that he was closest to the hole at that point. Congrats Donne on the win and collecting another SeeMore putter. Now I'll get to hear about the winning putt for at least a week.
(Update as of this morning: I now have heard about Donne's personal best low round at least three times today and it's not even 12 noon yet. Ha! Congrats for that also Donne!)

Many Thanks to KellyBo for taking and posting the pictures. You did an awesome job! I especially like the Woodshed picture. I bet it made OG fill right at home. :act-up:

Bill and I were able to play with Tadashi and his father on Saturday. We had a great time. Of course, Tadashi was awesome to play some golf with as always (Copy that!) and it was a great pleasure to meet and get to know his Dad, Wayne, as well. He hit some really good golf shots during the day. I would guess that his "Smash Factor" is really high for a man his age. Very solid!
Tadashi and I were able to share a few dollars during the round on the par 3's. I'm hanging on to mine and hope to exchange them with him again at future THP events (maybe at the THP Invitational! ??? Hint).

Regrets:
I only have two. One, that I didn't get to play golf with OG as I had hoped. Two, I didn't dig into the cookies on the first tee (I can't believe I missed them!).

Thanks again folks for the great weekend outing in Atlanta!

lol. I hate that I missed it. I bet you bastards had a great time.

yes we did, freaking blast...theres always next time though!

Update as of this morning: I now have heard about Donne's personal best low round at least three times today and it's not even 12 noon yet. Ha! Congrats for that also Donne!

That's nothing...Saturday night and Sunday, I must have mentioned it to my wife 15-20 times..."Hey dear, did you know that I shot an 80 today/yesterday?!?" I am just a bit excited, particularly considering how bad my swing looks in a couple of Kelly's pictures.

Finally made it home and just finished catching up on this thread. What a great weekend of golf and enjoying the company of fellow THPers.

Chewie, great job organizing this event and thank your club for having us.

JB and GG, thanks for making that journey and spreading what THP is all about.

Here's my recap:

Friday I got up early and flew to ATL from Denver, got my rental and went straight to dinner at Pappacitos. Enjoyed a very good dinner with Chewie, SeeMore, and JT.

Saturday morning came to quickly but I got up and headed to the course where I found a lot of THPers on the range already. I need to replace my SuperTri this winter and I swung as many of the drivers as I could try. None of them sang to me but the Cobra Encore with the red head came the closest. I hit a few irons although I'm happy with my z-stars. The Bstone DPC's felt amazing and those would be the ones I would pursue. Then it was off to the putting green for the SeeMore contest. I grossly misread the speed and left it about 20 feet short! Oh well, very happy with my Betti. I played with Rusty and ir13 and we had a good time. I shot a 43 on the front but a 54 on the back had me shouting for the beergirl. Rusty shot well when not in the rough and ir13 was going through some swing changes but could hammer it when he got it right. It was great to see everyone sitting on the hill at 18 waiting for us to finish. THP is a classy, thoughtful group. Shower time and watching to much Ryder Cup made me late for dinner but I made it in time to have a good steak and many beers with a great group of guys.

Sunday I played with Rusty again and we paired with Canadan and Bama. Both Canadan and Bama are great guys and fun to play a round with. Canadan can hit it a ton and drove the short par 4. WOW. The competition brought out the best in me as I shot an 88 to the taunts of "a 16 my ass". I gladly took and gave a few dollars this fine day. Thankfully the weather was good all weekend as I ran into rain on the way to the airport and it might still be raining there.

It was real good to see some of you again and to meet some for the first time.

I hope to see everyone at Reunion next year.

Sunday I played with Rusty again and we paired with Canadan and Bama. Both Canadan and Bama are great guys and fun to play a round with. Canadan can hit it a ton and drove the short par 4. WOW. The competition brought out the best in me as I shot an 88 to the taunts of "a 16 my ass". I gladly took and gave a few dollars this fine day. Thankfully the weather was good all weekend as I ran into rain on the way to the airport and it might still be raining there.

hahaha, you played awesome on the back nine man! Well done!

You hit the DPCs better haha!

SEE?!?!?! hahaha

To be clear, it was delightful.

Seriously dude. Anywhere, whenever... as long as we're driving!!! You're my boy Deano.

Loud is offensive to what that was hahahaha! Headphones are a must.

Ohio representing!!!! You and me both buddy.
It would be nice to have other Ohioans in the MC. Every member of THP should attempt to get in, it's that special.

great write up guys. Wish I could have gone with you.

It would be nice to have other Ohioans in the MC. Every member of THP should attempt to get in, it's that special.

great write up guys. Wish I could have gone with you.

Hoping to add a few more, thats for sure!

Here's Mikey boy banging Diablo irons on Friday night!! My soon to be Classic setup is right behind him!

2A7F5AEE-61F3-454F-AF90-39371C2CB3E8-7060-000009F0F75829C6.jpg

Last edited:
Sure wished I hadn't waited so late in the session to hit the ball good...those things felt great

Sure wished I hadn't waited so late in the session to hit the ball good...those things felt great

You demanded that I shouldn't post it, but looking at some photos tonight, I realized it's actually a really good action photo of you dude..

Maybe a bit of a head dip in there lol... Left arm looks good though!

Still waiting for bama to post that video of all of us on the first tee. Really want to see it.

Still waiting for bama to post that video of all of us on the first tee. Really want to see it.

I wish he had done that on Sunday instead haha.. Saturday I almost tugged mine into the woods on the left.. Sunday was piiiiiiiped!

Kelly got some great action shots of you dude.

He's gotta edit mine, ended up getting a pg 13 rating

All I can say is this weekend was incredible. I think I was at the course almost everyday last week, just making sure there would be no surprises this past weekend. Once Friday got here, it was anxious anticipation, with this many THPers coming to Atlanta. I had a great dinner that night with milehigh, seemore, and JT. We talked golf, The Outing in FL, etc. Once Saturday morning got here, I was up and ready to go and got to the course as the Tour Van was being unloaded. It was great hanging out with everyone on the range and meeting those I had not met before.

On Sat, I golfed with JB, Gray, and adwillingham. What a great group of guys. I always enjoy golfing with Gray, as he is never at a loss for words. JB overflows with golf knowledge, and is happy to share what he knows. I always enjoy just listening to him and how passionate he is about the game. Donne, I look forward to teeing it up with you again, and you were lights out with SeeMore. Congrats on the 80.

For dinner Sat night, we had a private room, which worked out great. I got to talk to everyone a little more than on the course, and everyone had a great time.

SUnday, I teed it up with Tadashi, War, and JT. I had not teed it up with any of them in the past, so this was a round I was really looking forward to. I started out decent and then hit a wall by the back nine. My driver was solid, but I could not hit a wedge to save my life. Everyone had plenty of great shots, and there were laughs for the entire round. JT can flat out play. We had to kid him at dinner though, when we found out his dad was younger than half of us. War has some real game, and I have no doubt he will be lights out when the time The Morgan Cup comes around. Tadashi...all I can say is that he really cares about people. When you talk to him you can feel his passion and his interest, and he cares. It is the only way I can describe it. He outdrove us everytime he hit the Cobra 3-wood, and I am sure one will end up in his bag at some point.

Josh and Morgan, it was great to see you guys again, and I am thrilled that you chose Atlanta as one of your stops. The two of you are always gracious with your time, and are always a joy to be around. If you ever need anything I will be the first in line.

I was sitting here today reading everyone's thoughts, and I just didn't know how to put this weekend into words, and I am not sure that I done that, but this is the best I can do right now. I am thrilled that everyone had a great time. I enjoyed personally getting to meet everyone of you, and I would gladly tee it up with any of you in the future.

All I can say is this weekend was incredible. I think I was at the course almost everyday last week, just making sure there would be no surprises this past weekend. Once Friday got here, it was anxious anticipation, with this many THPers coming to Atlanta. I had a great dinner that night with milehigh, seemore, and JT. We talked golf, The Outing in FL, etc. Once Saturday morning got here, I was up and ready to go and got to the course as the Tour Van was being unloaded. It was great hanging out with everyone on the range and meeting those I had not met before.

On Sat, I golfed with JB, Gray, and adwillingham. What a great group of guys. I always enjoy golfing with Gray, as he is never at a loss for words. JB overflows with golf knowledge, and is happy to share what he knows. I always enjoy just listening to him and how passionate he is about the game. Donne, I look forward to teeing it up with you again, and you were lights out with SeeMore. Congrats on the 80.

For dinner Sat night, we had a private room, which worked out great. I got to talk to everyone a little more than on the course, and everyone had a great time.

SUnday, I teed it up with Tadashi, War, and JT. I had not teed it up with any of them in the past, so this was a round I was really looking forward to. I started out decent and then hit a wall by the back nine. My driver was solid, but I could not hit a wedge to save my life. Everyone had plenty of great shots, and there were laughs for the entire round. JT can flat out play. We had to kid him at dinner though, when we found out his dad was younger than half of us. War has some real game, and I have no doubt he will be lights out when the time The Morgan Cup comes around. Tadashi...all I can say is that he really cares about people. When you talk to him you can feel his passion and his interest, and he cares. It is the only way I can describe it. He outdrove us everytime he hit the Cobra 3-wood, and I am sure one will end up in his bag at some point.

Josh and Morgan, it was great to see you guys again, and I am thrilled that you chose Atlanta as one of your stops. The two of you are always gracious with your time, and are always a joy to be around. If you ever need anything I will be the first in line.

I was sitting here today reading everyone's thoughts, and I just didn't know how to put this weekend into words, and I am not sure that I done that, but this is the best I can do right now. I am thrilled that everyone had a great time. I enjoyed personally getting to meet everyone of you, and I would gladly tee it up with any of you in the future.

you are the man Chewie. Well done buddy, and thanks again for your efforts this weekend!

First of all, I want to thank THP for the having the outing in Atlanta. JB, GG and Chewie pulled off another success!

The hospitality and graciousness to my great friend "Printman" (Bill) and I was over the top. He enjoyed the outing I think as much as I did. We arrived and made our way to the range to find a group of about 25 THP'ers swinging away and talking with each with large smiles, having a blast. It was easy to join in, grab a couple of clubs and join the joy. The group had a wide range of hackers. Some young, some old, some wide, some thin, some tall, some short, some quiet, some loud, some longer, and some shorter (each of you fit in at least two of these groups - you can figure it out). I got to meet a few new THP'ers and see some again that I had met at the 2012 THP Demo Day. Eveyone was genuinely happy to be there and was
having a great time.

Range Notes - I tried out a couple of clubs that I hadn't seen before. One, the Cobra driver and then the Miyazaki B.Asha 4.1 shaft (thanks to Tadashi). The Cobra driver still has the good contact feel as last years model had. Unfortunately the shaft wasn't right for me. However, having the adjustability options is a very valuable benefit. The Miyazaki shaft has awesome graphics and the numbering system for the shafts that indicate flex spec's is really slick. I ended up taking this shaft with a RAZR Fit head on it to the course. I think Tadashi hit it more than I did though. I had to change the face to a Closed setting before I could keep it out of the right rough or tree's.

A few clear images from Saturday
A clear image in my mind from the range was hearing T0AD say "Oh Wow!" after hitting a new driver. The reason it stands out is that he said it with so much surprise. He had just crushed it out there straighter and longer than he had ever anticipated. I'm not sure what club it was but I have a sneaking suspicion that he may be in the market for one of those.

Another clear image is hearing Tadashi's father say, "I think I'm going to move over to the other side of the chipping green." after dodging a couple of my extra-long sand trap shots at the practice green.

I arrived at the putting contest a little late and observed my friend Donne (adwillingham+) standing near the hole with a large smile on his face. I soon learned that he was closest to the hole at that point. Congrats Donne on the win and collecting another SeeMore putter. Now I'll get to hear about the winning putt for at least a week.
(Update as of this morning: I now have heard about Donne's personal best low round at least three times today and it's not even 12 noon yet. Ha! Congrats for that also Donne!)

Many Thanks to KellyBo for taking and posting the pictures. You did an awesome job! I especially like the Woodshed picture. I bet it made OG fill right at home. :act-up:

Bill and I were able to play with Tadashi and his father on Saturday. We had a great time. Of course, Tadashi was awesome to play some golf with as always (Copy that!) and it was a great pleasure to meet and get to know his Dad, Wayne, as well. He hit some really good golf shots during the day. I would guess that his "Smash Factor" is really high for a man his age. Very solid!
Tadashi and I were able to share a few dollars during the round on the par 3's. I'm hanging on to mine and hope to exchange them with him again at future THP events (maybe at the THP Invitational! ??? Hint).

Regrets:
I only have two. One, that I didn't get to play golf with OG as I had hoped. Two, I didn't dig into the cookies on the first tee (I can't believe I missed them!).

Thanks again folks for the great weekend outing in Atlanta!
Bear is was great seeing you again and playing a round with you and Bill. My dad couldn't stop talking about your game. He loves to watch great ball Striking. I will see you soon!

Chewie you did one heck of job on setting up everything this past weekend. I felt so at home at course and with all the THPrs. Dinner was great on Saturday night as was our round on Sunday. You were spent at the end of the round as we all were but it was still a blast. I'll be soon I am sure and I will give you a shout.

Chewie, I really cant thank you and the Mrs. enough for everything you two did for us this weekend. Our round on Sunday was a blast, I really enjoyed just chatting it up and hitting some golf shots. We hit the wall at the same time, but did not take away from the fun we had on the course. What a fun pairing that was on Sunday, I look forward to teeing it up with you again. I do travel to Atlanta a good bit...and I have your number. I want another crack at the Course, I think I might like playing with some wicked elevation changes.

It was one of these; the red one, actually.
AMP-Cell-MyFly-Blog-thumb-460x460-79402.jpg

I also said something a little more PG13 after a few more bombs. This thing rocks!

Memories popping into my head right now..

- JBs "not-nearly-lawn-chair-enough-to-be-legend-or-accurate" swing
- Freddie pounding ball after ball with that AMP Cell 3 wood - pure
- MinusculePhil stepping on the 5x on the range after trying to smooth swing it!!
- 3 dollar upcharges to get bread from philly instead of pittsburgh hahaha
- The pond on the 18th
- The Phantom 270 that worked for everyone who tried it
- GG almost winning the SeeMore (but not really hahaha)
- T0AD's post round discussions of 7s or 8s.
- and from what I hear, "FORE!!!"

So awesome. So, so awesome.

Memories popping into my head right now..

- JBs "not-nearly-lawn-chair-enough-to-be-legend-or-accurate" swing
- Freddie pounding ball after ball with that AMP Cell 3 wood - pure
- MinusculePhil stepping on the 5x on the range after trying to smooth swing it!!
- 3 dollar upcharges to get bread from philly instead of pittsburgh hahaha
- The pond on the 18th
- The Phantom 270 that worked for everyone who tried it
- GG almost winning the SeeMore (but not really hahaha)
- T0AD's post round discussions of 7s or 8s.
- and from what I hear, "FORE!!!"

So awesome. So, so awesome.

First bolded one - I still have no idea where it came from. I am looking at order sheets today to figure it out. Its like a great mystery.
Second bolded one - She was the closest and I thought for sure someone would make that thing.

Back