What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
found a good deal on some Precept Laddie Xs so I grabbed em up. Soft feel, decent enough spin around the green and distance was pretty good. Honestly, I played it on a smaller cub course with my son; some of the holes had decent enough length to smack em but i played irons the whole round. A few 3 iron tee offs and the distance was about like is normally and felt plenty soft.

B330 RX again. Impressed again. Long soft and plenty of spin around the greens. Depending on the shot you hit drop and stop off wedges is there and irons have plenty of check too. I saw someone on here say they didn't have enough spin but I was fixing ball marks within a foot or two of my ball a few times today. Thats decent spin to me.

titleist pro v1x. Enough said.

still rocking the Bridgestone B330 i used a new ball every 3-4 holes on my round the other day. i dunno if i noticed any difference but for an important round i was cool with it. i'll still use them again for another round that isn't as important. anyway i was getting good spin and was holding some tough greens yesterday. saw some great ball flight and distance yesterday as well. still the best premium ball on the market for me.

Still loving my B330's, but have been attempting to find something for the upcoming colder months. Grabbed some Hex Black during the Ernie sale, just not for me. Played some E6's the other day and enjoyed everything about them short of the green. Now, the Gamer V2's I've played the last couple of rounds with and I can tell you that I am happy with just about everything with them for the price. They won't replace the 330's, but for the price, I am very pleased overall.

Played with a sleeve of Wilson Duo, today. Normally play premium, but my swing's annual swan-dive is in full effect, so no use losing a few balls per round. When I did hit the ball well, I really liked the Duo. Full short irons/wedges stopped very close to their ball mark on the greens. Very little check on chips/pitches around the green, but playable if you're ready for it.

I hit the Hex Black again today along with the Tour iZ the Tour iZ was always my go to ball, but the Hex black has been so great.

I hit three longer drives today with this ball, straight and down the middle. One was 250, the other 246 and the best was 263-I used my rangefinder to read distance, this ball is amazing

Wilson Staff 50 Elite. I really like the ball and it's only $10-12 a dozen, which is great for this time of year. Extremely soft feeling ball from driver to putter. No real spin to speak of, but that's not a difficult adjustment to make.

I got a decent deal on Noodle long and soft. soft ball that has been reliable for me so far.

HEX Black and a light yellow HX Diablo Tour, which was an attempt at dyeing balls yellow.

Hit them OK, but not great.

I played the Callway hex black today again, I've hade these since july, and I've only lose a sleeve same great performance, beautiful drives all day

I've started to use the Callaway Hex Black`s as well right now. They are working out very well. The feel of them vs other balls made me go out and buy another box.

Wilson Staff 50 Elite. I really like the ball and it's only $10-12 a dozen, which is great for this time of year. Extremely soft feeling ball from driver to putter. No real spin to speak of, but that's not a difficult adjustment to make.
these balls are actually not bad at all. I bought them to practice with so I didn't tear my good balls up. Might need to try them on the course because of the weather.

I have always been a ProV1 guy but I have been playing Bridgestone's for a little while now and until something else comes out I plan to stick with Bridgestone

Tried the B330-RX again for the first time in over a year. Enjoyed it more than I remembered, but still didn't perform as well as the Z-Star XV for me. I don't think I've ever tried the B330. It may be on the radar...

I played a Hex Black until I hit it in a lake - still impressed with this great ball. I then switched to a Srixon Z Star, which is a fine ball but doesn't hold up to the Hex. 2nd shot with the Z was a 200 yard 4 hybrid. Well struck ball, nice and high. It landed a little under the hole and rolled up a steeply inclined green into the short rough. I was virtually certain the Hex would have stopped on the green near its landing place.

Z star X

Z star X

I bought two dozen old stock Srixon Z Star X from Hurricane Golf after I hit my personal best 81 with this ball last weekend. Does not quite grab as well as the Pro V1x but I am fine with that. My two go to balls are the V1x and the Z Star X/XV right now. Really like the durability of the Srixons.

I bought two dozen old stock Srixon Z Star X from Hurricane Golf after I hit my personal best 81 with this ball last weekend. Does not quite grab as well as the Pro V1x but I am fine with that. My two go to balls are the V1x and the Z Star X/XV right now. Really like the durability of the Srixons.

I've noticed durability in the srixons than the prov1 series, but my callaway Hex black and the Tour iZ I played were more durable than the prov1s too

So I needed golf balls and ended buying some Pro V1x right before the round I played Saturday. I have used them before but they weren't my favorite. I started alright and then the wheels came off and I shot a big 50 on the front nine. I had lost two balls and was super frustrated. Then I shot a 39 on the back and changed my outlook on the ball as this was my first nine holes under 40 this year. I really doubt it was the ball but glad to see that kind of improvement. My biggest complaint is the durability with the Pro V1x's. They just don't seem to hold up like the Bridgestones.

I play a pink Nike PD long. I used to play white balls but I have 3 males in my family and had to do something about them stealing my golf balls, they won't touch the pink golf balls.
i also played the pd long today... but it wasnt pink and it wasnt long either lol
HEX Black and a light yellow HX Diablo Tour, which was an attempt at dyeing balls yellow.

Hit them OK, but not great.
wait... you dyed balls yellow? id like to hear more about how you did it

Srixon z star yellow. Good ball but too much spin had trouble holding greens. The Callaway hex chrome
Has a little less spin but a lot better feel

Srixon z star yellow. Good ball but too much spin had trouble holding greens. The Callaway hex chrome
Has a little less spin but a lot better feel

Played a Wilson Duo on Sunday after playing a Gamer V2 over the summer. One issue was my mid to short irons were flying 5-10 yards farther than with the Gamer and ended up in some bad spots because of it. Can't say I was hitting my long irons well enough to confidently come to the same conclusion there. Even with the extra yardage well struck shots stopped nicely. Also liked the feel and performance around the greens. Could be a contender for my next value ball ($19 a dozen) if I can get the distance control thing figured out.

Wilson Staff 50 Elite again. It held greens well on full swings and was pretty straight/long off the tee.

Played a callaway hex chrome that a i won in a comp I must say I didn't like the ball off the driver felt like a stone compared to my usual penta! Same for te feel from the irons!! But I was pleasantly suprised with the spin on partial wedge shots! Still not good enough to mow my penta!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back