Miyazaki B. Asha Shafts - Everything You Want To Know

This is a lightweight shaft also but it's like a c kua on steroids. The C Kua was so weak for me but that's just not the case with this.

I hit the 4S a few times this morning, and this is almost exactly my thought. It was the first lightweight shaft that was sturdy enough to keep me from hitting moonballs.

I hit the 4S a few times this morning, and this is almost exactly my thought. It was the first lightweight shaft that was sturdy enough to keep me from hitting moonballs.

This is really good to hear. Right now the stock shaft I have in my R11S is mid flight. I'm looking to raise my flight path a little but am worried about moonballs. The 4S is the shaft that has had me most intrigued since the radio show with Tim. There is no doubt that the 4S is at the top of my list of shafts for my driver.

I just ordered a Cobra adapter. If I can ever get my hands on this thing I think I'm gonna love it as much as anyone.

I want the 4s, in a bad way. Loved the feel of it in the Razr Fit, but am pondering how it would be paired with my Black?

Goood thought there! I would be wondering the same...How did the weight compare to the classic with the Razr Fit head?

I need a new shaft for the 910.sat
I wish these were available now to test with a 910 tip.

Swung the 7x and the 5x this morning. I favoured the 5x and took it to the course strapped to a 9.5 razr fit.

It was a fantastic feeling shaft. I wasn't entirely agreeing with the head, but there is no question that the B.Asha hung on wonderfully on every single swing. Only downfall was when I laid off on a couple shots which went left, but everything else was feeling bombed.

If you haven't hit this shaft, you probably should.

I think if you could have opened up the face of the Razr fit a degree it might have saved some of those left shots. But when you laid on it, you crushed it.

To me the 5X felt silky smooth. I think I would like it more in a Classic, G20, or Anser head. I did borrow it for the last tee shot on 18 yesterday and I bombed one 295 or so. The best part was it was a slight power fade exactly on line and what I was trying to hit.

Loving all the great initial reviews this shaft is receiving. The testing thread for this shaft is going to be amazing. Anyone else at the Georgia stop get a chance to swing this baby?

I think if you could have opened up the face of the Razr fit a degree it might have saved some of those left shots. But when you laid on it, you crushed it.

I hit it again Sunday and absolutely loved it. Almost all of them were going straight. I think those left turns on Saturday were sheer exhaustion haha!

I was fortunate enough to take the 5x strapped to a Razr Fit out on course Saturday and Sunday this weekend. I've got some thoughts I'd like to share.

To begin, i want to point out that I hit both the 5x and the 7x on the range. While the 7x just powered through the golf ball, the added weight appeared to increase my trajectory as compared to the 5x. It seems like the consensus, but the 5x outperformed my expectations.

I currently play an open faced driver, so it took some time to get used to the Razr at standard (by choice) but once it was locked in, I felt extremely confident with it. So much so that I was able to hit a 290+ yard par 4 on the fly twice in two days with it.

In demoing other shafts Saturday morning, I felt a noticeable lag in them trying to catch up with my swing. Especially on impact, I felt a pretty heavy shudder on a number of them. Switching to the B.Asha was awesome. My miss was definitely left, but only on tired swings. If I took it to the ball, it loaded beautifully every single time and did not shudder once. Even on shots that went well outside on the club face generated a draw but did not caused the head to kick back like so many shafts I've hit before.

I love the idea of a shaft that actually wants you to step on your swing (and rewards you for it). My current gamer along with many I've tried demand some seriously good tempo to get the flight I need. With the B.Asha, the best shots I had were on full swings when i 'got after' the ball.

I will note that I still had some pretty serious height on many of my drives, but the ball seemed to climb immediately to its' desired height and then pierced through the air until it lost momentum. Maybe it's the difference between a 9.5 head and an 8.5 head for me, but I had no legitimate issues with the height.

The most notable experience (aside from the par 4 already mentioned) was on the final hole of the weekend. I hammered my first drive and decided to take an extra swing just because I knew my minutes with it were numbered. Remarkably, the ball landed within two feet of the first one. Very similar in flight with baby draws, I can't believe how much consistency can be generated from this shaft.

Also, it's beautiful...

56283C9F-AF3E-43D4-8CAC-C0CFE0FF620D-7060-000009E2E03F737E.jpg

Last edited:
I was fortunate enough to take the 5x strapped to a Razr Fit out on course Saturday and Sunday this weekend. I've got some thoughts I'd like to share.

To begin, i want to point out that I hit both the 5x and the 7x on the range. While the 7x just powered through the golf ball, the added weight appeared to increase my trajectory as compared to the 5x. It seems like the consensus, but the 5x outperformed my expectations.

I currently play an open faced driver, so it took some time to get used to the Razr at standard (by choice) but once it was locked in, I felt extremely confident with it. So much so that I was able to hit a 290+ yard par 4 on the fly twice in two days with it.

In demoing other shafts Saturday morning, I felt a noticeable lag in them trying to catch up with my swing. Especially on impact, I felt a pretty heavy shudder on a number of them. Switching to the B.Asha was awesome. My miss was definitely left, but only on tired swings. If I took it to the ball, it loaded beautifully every single time and did not shudder once. Even on shots that went well outside on the club face generated a draw but did not caused the head to kick back like so many shafts I've hit before.

I love the idea of a shaft that actually wants you to step on your swing (and rewards you for it). My current gamer along with many I've tried demand some seriously good tempo to get the flight I need. With the B.Asha, the best shots I had were on full swings when i 'got after' the ball.

I will not that I still had some pretty serious height on many of my drives, but the ball seemed to climb immediately to its' desired height and then pierced through the air until it lost momentum. Maybe it's the difference between a 9.5 head and an 8.5 head for me, but I had no legitimate issues with the height.

The most notable experience (aside from the par 4 already mentioned) was on the final hole of the weekend. I hammered my first drive and decided to take an extra swing just because I knew my minutes with it were numbered. Remarkably, the ball landed within two feet of the first one. Very similar in flight with baby draws, I can't believe how much consistency can be generated from this shaft.

Also, it's beautiful...

56283C9F-AF3E-43D4-8CAC-C0CFE0FF620D-7060-000009E2E03F737E.jpg

More than what can be said for those pants..haha Glad you liked the shaft. It really is a beautiful looking shaft. How long before it finds its way into your bag?

Canadan,
Watching you & Jrod test this shaft out during this journey was a lot of fun. You guys both saw very similar things out of it.

More than what can be said for those pants..haha Glad you liked the shaft. It really is a beautiful looking shaft. How long before it finds its way into your bag?

Man, I don't know. As much as I REALLY enjoyed the B.Asha, I hit the Classic 310 with a Kusala black 61x in it on Friday night and saw some awesome numbers.

Canadan,
Watching you & Jrod test this shaft out during this journey was a lot of fun. You guys both saw very similar things out of it.

Thanks JB, I had an absolute blast with it, although my back is definitely disagreeing this morning hah! I would love to see Jrod pump that thing. I hear it's big time.

Canadan,

If that's the case than I know for sure you were killing it Canadan because Jrod sure was in DM!!!

If that's the case than I know for sure you were killing it Canadan because Jrod sure was in DM!!!

The numbers were great for me.. Sadly there wasn't much roll (the course didn't really play for roll anyways) and I only GPSed a few but I had a number of drives carry into the 290s which is big big big for me. My normal average carry is closer to 265-270.

I love the idea of being grouped with JRod but I hear he is big time. I want to see it for myself some time.

The numbers were great for me.. Sadly there wasn't much roll (the course didn't really play for roll anyways) and I only GPSed a few but I had a number of drives carry into the 290s which is big big big for me. My normal average carry is closer to 265-270.

I love the idea of being grouped with JRod but I hear he is big time. I want to see it for myself some time.

JRod is a blast to play with. One of the funnest times I have ever had on a golf course.

I daydream of the 5X, I really do!

JRod is a blast to play with. One of the funnest times I have ever had on a golf course.

I daydream of the 5X, I really do!

I'll gladly add you to that list as well dude. 4 guys hammering the same 5x off the tee for a full round would make for a great story! (and a lot of dollar bills haha)

Forum Testing Signup of this one is now up.

Thanks JB, I am excited to sign up for it and also follow along with it. I really like what Miyazaki is doing.

That will be a fun forum testing with all the great feedback these got. You put one of these in your driver, didn't you?

This one is gonna be awesome. Lots of great info so far and sounds like its going to be a great shaft. Definitely would love to see how this shaft pairs with my RAZR Fit TA.

Just took a look at the flex chart for it.

A: I LOVE the profile they've gone with here. Good, stiff butt with a extra stable mid and a slightly softer tip. Looks sort of like a HD6 in profile until you get to the final quarter. Should bring the launch up some more.

Total skimming but did it feel more like a one piece shaft, or were people picking up a deliberate load point?

B: The CPM's per flex rating are up there. 270 CPM's on a stiff is high if they're being measured the same way. It's is rolling well into a X in other brands. Definately going to need a fitting to sort out which flex is best for one.

A: I LOVE the profile they've gone with here. Good, stiff butt with a extra stable mid and a slightly softer tip. Looks sort of like a HD6 in profile until you get to the final quarter. Should bring the launch up some more.

Total skimming but did it feel more like a one piece shaft, or were people picking up a deliberate load point?

B: The CPM's per flex rating are up there. 270 CPM's on a stiff is high if they're being measured the same way. It's is rolling well into a X in other brands. Definately going to need a fitting to sort out which flex is best for one.

Super stable feeling for me ST, no discernible load point for me but I have a hard time picking up on that anyways sometimes and time was limited.

It impressed me though, the 5X was great.

I most definitely felt the shaft load and it just came through the ball beautifully.

Back