Shaft replacement addicting?

ArmyGolf

#Rise&Grind
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Well after trying a number of new drivers (r11s, razr fit, classic, rbz tour, titleist 910d2, cobra amp) looking for the magic elixer that would fix my woes with the driver, i began to realize that nothing offered any real substantial improvement for me. After reading endlessly on here about getting fitted and having the right shaft I began to research shafts of all shapes and sizes. Based on my swing numbers I decided that a Fubuki Alpha 60s or an ADDI 6s would be the shaft for me. No I did not get fitted for financial reasons and my inability to have a truly repeatable swing.
I couldnt find an Alpha or ADDI for a reasonable price that didnt already have a tip on it (going in a Launcher Comp head) but I found an AD EV 6s for cheap on my local craigslist. After reading that the EV is essentially a DI with a little higher spin I decided to go for it.
The results have been amazing so far. I have a 108mph ss and coming from a R Flex oem Cleveland shaft that went left when I went for it and right when I laid back I couldnt have asked for much more. Long and controlled is the simplest way to describe it.

Now to the point of my post:
After my apparent success with the driver I find I am questioning the shafts in every other club now. I am now researching project x and kbs iron shafts and spinners for my wedges. Also a ADDI 7s for my 5 wood.

What have I done? Have I just stumbled over the edge of an expensive (but glorious) cliff on the way to game improvement? Have you guys found that once you replace a shaft that you just cant stop? My poor marriage...lol

Welcome to the underbelly of the golf world!! LOL

hackin

I just toppled over that cliff myself this year! I have 3 shafts for my TM SuperTri! And I'm going to experiment with some different graphite shafts for my irons!!! Luckily, I don't have my home golf workbench set up yet. Otherwise, I think I'd be at that workbench, and my wife would think she's a widow!!!

IT'S A SICKNESS, I TELL YA!!!

Good luck. I've gone through the Fubuki K, AD DI and now Ilima this year in one driver. I've alternated drivers from my G15, FT-5 and 910 with other various shafts. It's just fun and expensive hobby.

I also changed my irons to KBS Tour. I'm not a big believer in wedge shafts, yet. I'm a high enough spin player as is. I think I'm going to go ahead and schedule a proper fitting for my backup irons, which will likely become my gamers next year.

I've played four different sets of iron shafts this year, so I understand where you're coming from. It's a pretty quick and easy thing that you can do to experiment and can be fairly cheap.

Yup it is addicting. For the most part it's a good hobby that can be done without breaking the bank.

I'm in the same boat however I did change the shaft in my wedges. Played them for the first time this weekend. I went from the OE Titlest (True Temper) to the KBS black nickel wedge shafts. I loved the fell of them and the ball flight was perfect for me. I also understand the feeling about not wanting to get fitted because you believe the swing is not consistent enough. I thought the same thing but went for it anyway and I was glad I did.

Definitely addicting. This is the main reason that I ponder adjustable drivers. Just haven't found one that I like yet...

I'm in the same boat bro.
I'm gaming a Titleist Diamana Kai'li 65 Reg. and feel that a move towards something a little stiffer is in order.
The pondering begins

Definitely addicting. This is the main reason that I ponder adjustable drivers. Just haven't found one that I like yet...
Yep, but count your lucky stars. As if you're like me, you'll be buying shafts you don't need or want.

Its why I jumped on the deal I got on my Fit. I love tinkering and am addicted as sin to it, its great.

Its why I jumped on the deal I got on my Fit. I love tinkering and am addicted as sin to it, its great.

Yup that will be me again next year. I probably won't jump at a new driver for the remainder of this season. I just wish OEM's would get their adjustable sleeves out on the market. I'm dreading that Cobra will not and since that is my flavor of the month, that will be a downer if it happens like that.

Yup that will be me again next year. I probably won't jump at a new driver for the remainder of this season. I just wish OEM's would get their adjustable sleeves out on the market. I'm dreading that Cobra will not and since that is my flavor of the month, that will be a downer if it happens like that.

I agree, TM has had it right and Cally is getting it now, I just hate that some don't make them available. Maybe Cobra will come around, would be awesome.

Had the Fit not been 100.00, I would have waited like you, in fact that was the plan. Oh well though!!

I agree, TM has had it right and Cally is getting it now, I just hate that some don't make them available. Maybe Cobra will come around, would be awesome.

Had the Fit not been 100.00, I would have waited like you, in fact that was the plan. Oh well though!!

you can get the adapters for the AMP and older models at golfworks. But clearly this adapter is different so it's going to be a wait and see. I hope there is a version that comes out.

Dude if I had gotten that deal, there is no way I would have turned it down... Ri-damn-diculous!

I love this thread.

67 shafts catalogued and counting.

I ponder new shafts all the time. If I had the money to get them or the means to put them in, I'd tinker all the time. Since Hawk put up that DIY Reshafting Irons thread, I will probably try to put a new set of shafts in my irons this coming summer when I go home because I'll do it myself.

I ponder new shafts all the time. If I had the money to get them or the means to put them in, I'd tinker all the time. Since Hawk put up that DIY Reshafting Irons thread, I will probably try to put a new set of shafts in my irons this coming summer when I go home because I'll do it myself.

I have 3 different shafts for my TM SuperTri, and I'm trying out graphite shafts for my 2.0s. First up is a Miyaziki 59S. Then, maybe a Matrix Program or Aerotech....the list goes on and on and on......Like I said, "IT'S A SICKNESS".

And you, Super Tuna. 67 shafts and counting???? Seriously ill!!! LOL

I like Tuna problems. They usually can be gotten for cheaper

I agree dude, I'm just waiting on him to not like those programs lol.

haha like wild vultures? Tuna's problems are really cool, he's a genius at shaft-lore

I am in the same boat. I want to try a few shafts in my R11 driver and woods. Got a golftec fitting in 2 weeks so I will go from there but I just cant decide between the VTS, kuro kage, or many more

Back