THP Tour Van Event - Atlanta, GA

Officially home...

Finally home, safe and sound. Had a great time!

Some awesome write ups. Looks like you guys had a blast

Enjoying the write ups, keep 'em coming folks. Those of us who had to miss the weekend are counting on you.
Glad to see that folks are getting home safely.

It's great to hear everyone made it home safe and sound :clapp:. I've never been to an outing where awesome folks don't come out of the woodwork every single time! It's really cool to see folks with common bonds bond so quickly :thumb: It was great to meet all you new guys and make more friends. About all I got to say is WOW, these outings are too cool. Thanks guys for the memories :golf2:

Ditto OG.

Having been to several of these over the years they get more enjoyable each time.

TapAhoy!

5F28FB3B-orig.jpg

309680A9-orig.jpg

Was looking on my phone and found a couple panoramic shots I took on #18 yesterday, it was overcast but thought it was a pretty cool shot from the tee box.

sweet looking pics WE, wonder if my phone can do that.

And if that is #18, that means its just the prelude to Freddie's AWESOME birdie!

...and the golden ticket!

Recap time!

Friday was great. 7 hours in a car with my boy Deano was supposed to be a bit of a chore, but it ended up being full of great discussion the entire way. The States were flying by, and despite that stop in Tennessee smelling like somebody's woodshed, we made it safe into Atlanta in time to hit up the PGA Superstore (to get loosened up for Saturday haha) and grab some really unique ATL food (or five guys haha!).

We got an awesome visit at our sketchy Super 8 by FK and War that was an absolute GREAT way to start the weekend. Both of these guys are fantastic and their love for the game is evident. Long discussions about the site, about the experiences with other great hackers, and what would be in store for the weekend made it nearly impossible for me to sleep, but I am truly glad they came out.

Saturday morning started with some McDonalds and AMP energy. Between the excitement of the demo day, meeting so many great people, and that combination of food, I thought my stomach was ready to pack up and leave before i was. Despite that, Chewie was there with a smile first thing, and a great discussion with GolferGal and some free swag got us started the right way.

Heading down to the range, we were met by a handful of THPers and the man himself, JB, who was blasting away the new Cobra AMP driver with Freddie. The experience was memorable with great jokes, stories, and some seriously awesome equipment. Like a demo day newb that I was expecting to be, I took too many swings with not enough clubs, and felt it immediately. I'd comment on everyone I met at the demo day, but I made it a point to say hello to as many people as I could, so in short, it was a treat to meet and greet with all of you.

The putting contest was a blast, despite my feeble attempt. Donnie put out a great putt that held and got himself a beautiful new SeeMore putter. Lots of laughs there and a LOT of pre-round lingering brought on even more awesome conversations, which carried through the entire group as the putting green overlooked the first hole.

My round Saturday was great. JB was generous enough to allow me to take the B.Asha 5x on course along with a SeeMore m9 and both were tremendous. LargePhil/BigPhil/SmallPhil/FairwayFinder and WLuker/TheBigSwinger were wonderful guys to tee it up with. Very encouraging on solid shots, i found myself on cruise control just enjoying the moment. I gave a few dollars and received a few, and completed a pretty solid round with two gentlemen.

After watching the rest of the pairings come in, we hit up the hotel for a quick shower and headed over to the Arena Tavern. We were met by even more great conversation which lasted hours, along with some really good food (although I hear their bread is expensive). I was considering going toe-to-toe with War on Yuengling's, but decided to cut it short considering the Sunday I had upcoming. In any case, you guys and gals were great at dinner.

Sunday morning brought much of the same atmosphere. Early to the range, and a good little wait until we could get on course. I took too many swings with the B.Asha thinking I'd have to cough it up before my round, but was greeted by War, looking like he'd just run a marathon, with an entire set of Adams CMBs with C-Taper shafts in them (you are the man, dude). I went to work on the range getting them dialed in and took them on the course with me, and they were fantastic. So incredibly rewarding.

My Sunday round consisted of great conversations with Bama all the way through. I may not have played my best golf, but I had a blast, despite the power faders Russel/Rusty and Randy/MHG taking my dollars!!

The drive back was loaded with great commentary. I have so many positive memories this weekend of golf, THPers, people I consider to be friends now, and equipment. One final shoutout to my boy Deano. Dude, you are unofficially my THP partner in crime. An entire weekend together and we never ran out of things to chat about. Two loud nights and 14 hours in a car and I would do it all again tomorrow in a heartbeat. Thanks for being my THP wing man.

THP truly is a wonderful asset to golf and people who love it. I cannot wait to see everyone again, hopefully soon.

Okay ladies and gentleman, Here's my write up for the weekend:

First of all, I want to thank JB, GG, and Chewie for putting this all together. It was fantastic and the work you guys put in to make it possible makes me so grateful.

Saturday Morning was a treat. I loved hitting a bunch of clubs. I really liked the Adams V4 and the Cobra AMP Cell 3 wood. I'm gonna save extra work money so I can game them when they come out. I played with SeeMoreGuy and lmaz806. Both fantastic people. SeeMore is always a treat to play with. He is one of my good buddies here and he we go back a bit. He's fun to talk to and spend time with. lmaz has a string attached to that ball when he hits driver. It's awesome to watch. I loved talking to him about his days in Minor League Baseball. That was cool. Overall, I shot a +2 74 with only hitting like 5 fairways. I was able to hit greens and make putts when I had too. It was fun.

Dinner was fantastic too. Me and motoo talked a bit. What a great person. He's a stand up guy and I respect him alot. I talked with Jenn (Pinky and Chewie's wife) for about an hour or 2 about Medically things and politics. She's great to talk too and I learnt alot about the field I want to study. She'll be a great resource in the future.

Today was just as good as Saturday. I played with Freddie, Chewie, and War Eagle. Freddie can flat out play. I didn't hit the ball great and then he gave me a little swing tip and instantly I felt more comfortable hitting the ball. The guy is amazing to talk too and just a fun person to be around. Hopefully we can tee it up soon. Chewie is always fun to be around. Mr.Consistent and very rarely making mistakes. War hits that awesome power fade and is another great person, even if we did call him Cupid :) I played alot worse. I think I shot low 80's. I stopped keeping track on 15. Easily the best parts of the day is when he were heckling Deano, either from a distance or on the tee. Then when I hit myself in the face with the ball. This ball was really buried in the rough and I decided to hit hybrid and hit myself in the face. It was comical. Then I almost holed out for Albatross on 14? from 195 down the hill. It was one of the sweetest shots I've hit in a while. Still missed the eagle putt. Oh well. It was great day with great people.

Wish I could highlight each individual person because they are all awesome. Canadan is a beast off the tee and a funny guy. LargePhil is so nice and knows his Cigars. Deano is hilarious. Toad is always a good guy. Greg and his bro know how to have a good time. Milehigh is just an all around great guy. I know I missed some people, but really everybody I met was fantastic. I can't wait to do it again guys. I hope I'll be able to raise the funds to go to the Outing. That is my goal between now and Christmas. We really need to do this again. I might be young, but I know how to hang with the older guys :)

Thanks for the kind words, I wish I could have seen you play. Good luck with school and golf!

From the moment I arrived I had fun. First person I met was Bama. We are the long and the short of it partner (Bama pointed out on the range that standard clubs don't fit either of us). Then all the rest of the crew, as I made my way down to the range to hit a few clubs. It was nice to see, I wasn't the only petite person on the range. I need to play with Toad at some point. JB made me feel right at home. His first comment wasn't hello, but, something like, your forum handle doesn't fit does it (Sarcasm intended). Since that is a big part of who I am, (can't get away from the size) it took all the apprehension away. I usually feel like an extra from planet of the apes, until folks get to know me. Thanks for breaking the ice JB.

I had fun watching everyone pounding balls for two hours. I think it probably affected a few of us by the end of the day. I really was surprised how much I liked the new red Cobra Encore. It felt like hitting an anvil, solid. The Amp gel was cool as well. I think there is something mentally stimulating about red. Ferrari's, Corvette's and the like. It helps if a club is appealing. Cobra is getting it. They have one upped the industry for the moment.

Back to clubs. From an iron perspective, I hit several. It is hard to judge irons when hitting standard lies, but, I did like the Bridgestone DPC's and really like the Adams V4's. I ordered a set of the Adam's fit to my size. The Hybrids are the real deal and the forged irons make it all work for me. I like forged irons, but, hadn't found a set that really fit. The Adams appear to fit that bill. Dang it JB, I may have to trade my Anser FW's for mashie's. I should not have hit them, nor watched you and Deano. Anybody looking for an Anser 3w,5w regular flex? :banghead: Lot's of other really great clubs, those are the ones that stand out.

Now for the golf. The highlight was the people. Dan and Will were fantastic the fist day. I am taking lessons and it has my swing a bit flaky at the moment. I drove the ball reasonably both days, but, scoring and approaches are where I need my swing dialed in. It wasn't. Thanks for putting up with me guys. I did role the rock the first day. SeeMore for the win. Will takes a rip at it. If I went at the ball that hard, they would have to call life flight. Man you hit some bombs out there. Dan, you played great. What else can you say, guy shoots 75 on a course he has never seen. Well done. I brought a fist full of dollars and gladly paid them out.

Next came JB and Deano and the "Golden Ticket". What a blast. Thankfully both days I hit my drive down the middle on 1 and 18. Everything in between was hit or miss...ok, just a little pun. Deano, all I can say is "Fore". It is hard to concentrate when you can't stop laughing. What a blast. JB finished very well. My goal for the weekend was to take one dollar from JB. I did, with and audience. My life is complete. :D. Deano is a great guy. He made a dumb bet that did not allow him to chutt this week. What a shame, I was looking forward to seeing the master at work. I am working on a mini plumb-bob to help you get your tee's in the ground straight (just kidding). Deano also hit some bombs, but, much better with those mashies. I did not need to see how easy those are to hit, did I say that already? lol

Oh, the "Golden Ticket", it will remain a mystery to those of you that did not attend the event, until you can speak to someone in the know. Let me tell you, don't ask though. You just don't want to know.

Finally, It was so good to put so many faces with names. For those that I didn't thank earlier. Well done Mary for the Cookies, Kelly for the pictures and everyone else for the fellowship. Freddie, it was nice to hang with someone that likes a fine cigar. Lefty, it is neat to see someone else that is vertically challenged. We need to play. I can't wait for the next one.

Good stuff Canadan. Once you go to your first outing you want to hit them all.

TapAhoy!

Good stuff Canadan. Once you go to your first outing you want to hit them all.

I am sorry our meeting was so brief buddy, but I am glad I had a chance to put a name with a face. Here's hoping we can tee it up sometime!

Great pics WE, I'm going to try and use my iPhone 5 to do some of the same at my home course.

Awesome recaps thus far guys, can tell that you really had a blast all weekend! Glad that the weather cooperated for another successful tour van stop.

Thanks for the kind words, I wish I could have seen you play. Good luck with school and golf!

You do need to tee it up with JT motoo, he has some serious game and is just a blast to be around. This comes from a old retiree who has had the pleasure of getting in 18 with him.

Of course I look forward to the day I get to tee it up with you and all of the other THPers that I missed in ATL.

It was nice to see, I wasn't the only petite person on the range. I need to play with Toad at some point.

Heck yes!! Maybe the next ATL get-together can have weight class groupings. Of course JT will be on the other end of the spectrum. I might have been that skinny once, for about 3 days in 1973. I know for a fact there are plenty more of 'us' that will be in Orlando for the Demo Day.
That'd be a great foursome to see...1300lbs of club swinging greatness rumbling down the fairways. :silly:

Heck yes!! Maybe the next ATL get-together can have weight class groupings. Of course JT will be on the other end of the spectrum. I might have been that skinny once, for about 3 days in 1973. I know for a fact there are plenty more of 'us' that will be in Orlando for the Demo Day.
That'd be a great foursome to see...1300lbs of club swinging greatness rumbling down the fairways. :silly:

:laughing:

You are a riot dude.. Had me absolutely rolling after the first round talking about the scores out there. It was a shame I wasn't able to see that round in person.

Really enjoyed meeting some of you guys on Saturday morning. Really wish that I could have stuck around long and played, but maybe next time. It sounds as if a great time was had by all!!!

You are a riot dude.. Had me absolutely rolling after the first round talking about the scores out there. It was a shame I wasn't able to see that round in person.

It was about the only time I didn't care too much, since I was at an outing and nothing else really matters except the fellowship and having fun. But, with that said, I had a lot more fun Sunday with only two of those 7s and a lot less Bermuda to deal with.

Back