THP Tour Van Event - Atlanta, GA

Lmao. Dude, when I saw it was in a different location today I didn't even know what to say. Haha, wow.

Also, I'm never wearing that shirt around JB again.

Well only you and someone else knew the actual location right? Hmmmmm

Cupid ftw!

Well only you and someone else knew the actual location right? Hmmmmm

Cupid ftw!

Okay Deano that's gross. It was probably a dog or something.

Okay Deano that's gross. It was probably a dog or something.

My bad forgot we had 14 year olds in here lol

almost to cincy, ride home seems so much longer, what a great weekend, can't wait to get my thoughts together and recap

almost to cincy, ride home seems so much longer, what a great weekend, can't wait to get my thoughts together and recap

Make sure you include a cup of vanilla ice cream.

I'm just about to Negative Rep you. That joke was cruel and overused.

Glad to hear many have made it home already. Continued safe travels to those still on the road.

Many thanks for Josh and Morgan traveling to Atlanta to bring the Outing to us. It was really good seeing you both. The testing of.equipment was outstanding and I found a few surprises which usually means a new purchase for me. And I don't even like the color orange.

Thanks to Chewie for his willingness to undertake such a monumental feat in organizing a successful event. Everyone had nothing but positive comments. I thought it was an absolutely stellar outing. Enjoyed meeting and talking with Pinky.

My first round on Saturday was with JT and lmaz both are great guys to share a round with. JT with his PGA-ish ball striking and Lmaz with his laser like drives. I am quite sure he hit every fairway. Enjoyed the time with both and hope to get together again soon.

Sunday was equally enjoyable. I was paired with the Brothers de South Carolina. Joey and Greg who really made feel my age when they as if the gof course had been around as long as I had or something hilarious like that. They kept me in stitches. I even learned some tee box games to play.

Got a chance to meet some new people Moto, Intimidator, Large Phil, Canadan, Deano. Good to see Bama back out and in the mix. So many others both old and new made the Outing fun.

Congrats again to Donne on the SeeMore win and for PB of 80 on Saturday.

All in all it was quite the goffing weekend that everyone hated to see end. As someone mentioned another get together is being rumbled about by Atlanta golfers in the coming weeks at the Frog or another great course.

This Atlanta group is amazing and we just keep growing with more THPers. Hope to see you all out on the course soon. Since there are so many of us in the area we should really do something locally on a quarterly basis. Shoot me a PM if interested and i will gladly set up the first one.

TapAhoy!

Glad to hear many have made it home already. Continued safe travels to those still on the road.

Many thanks for Josh and Morgan traveling to Atlanta to bring the Outing to us. It was really good seeing you both. The testing of.equipment was outstanding and I found a few surprises which usually means a new purchase for me. And I don't even like the color orange.

Thanks to Chewie for his willingness to undertake such a monumental feat in organizing a successful event. Everyone had nothing but positive comments. I thought it was an absolutely stellar outing. Enjoyed meeting and talking with Pinky.

My first round on Saturday was with JT and lmaz both are great guys to share a round with. JT with his PGA-ish ball striking and Lmaz with his laser like drives. I am quite sure he hit every fairway. Enjoyed the time with both and hope to get together again soon.

Sunday was equally enjoyable. I was paired with the Brothers de South Carolina. Joey and Greg who really made feel my age when they as if the gof course had been around as long as I had or something hilarious like that. They kept me in stitches. I even learned some tee box games to play.

Got a chance to meet some new people Moto, Intimidator, Large Phil, Canadan, Deano. Good to see Bama back out and in the mix. So many others both old and new made the Outing fun.

Congrats again to Donne on the SeeMore win and for PB of 80 on Saturday.

All in all it was quite the goffing weekend that everyone hated to see end. As someone mentioned another get together is being rumbled about by Atlanta golfers in the coming weeks at the Frog or another great course.

This Atlanta group is amazing and we just keep growing with more THPers. Hope to see you all out on the course soon. Since there are so many of us in the area we should really do something locally on a quarterly basis. Shoot me a PM if interested and i will gladly set up the first one.

TapAhoy!
It was a pleasure meeting you to seemoreguy , This bolded part is a must and I look forward to it very soon, and if you want to go play at an awesome course some time let me know and the treat is on me. Any Canon gate course you want to play and well do it .

Just got home and put some stuff away. Long couple of days, but well worth it.

I have written my recap in my mind about 5 times now, will get those thoughts up tomorrow.

What an awesome round of golf today with Large Phil and mikedean. A truly special round that I am not sure I will ever forget.
Deano and JB, thanks for letting me tag along. I had a blast. The golf was a side benefit. Everyone had some good shots and JB finished strong.

Canadan and Wluker, thanks for putting up with me on Saturday. You guys made it fun.

It was great to meet everyone. Putting faces with names was a real treat for a relative newb, to THP, like me. Special thanks to everyone that worked to get it organized. Chewie, you are a rock star man, thank you so much. JB and GG, you guys are the greatest. None of this could happen without the selfless work you guys put in.

I will try to add some thoughts tomorrow, but, thanks come first.

Glad you made it home safe and sound WE!

a9e9ava2.jpg
vs
7u3e7u7u.jpg

I'm just about to Positive Rep you. That joke was awesome and underused.

Couldnt agree more. :D

Had a blast meeting and golfing with everyone this weekend and cant wait to do it again.

Glad you and family made it home safely Freddie!

For mikedean and anybody that joined us on the Cupid scavenger hunt on the 18th....

The "Golden Ticket" has a whole new meaning. :D

JB, " Golden Ticket", it gives new meaning to "diggin' for gold". :rofl:

One half of the Ohio contingent is officially home and of course immediately on THP haha!

I have an awful lot to say about the weekend (mostly good) but it may take until tomorrow to get everything down.

To start, and state the obvious, that weekend was one for the ages. Unbelievable time with some truly fantastic people.

Okay ladies and gentleman, Here's my write up for the weekend:

First of all, I want to thank JB, GG, and Chewie for putting this all together. It was fantastic and the work you guys put in to make it possible makes me so grateful.

Saturday Morning was a treat. I loved hitting a bunch of clubs. I really liked the Adams V4 and the Cobra AMP Cell 3 wood. I'm gonna save extra work money so I can game them when they come out. I played with SeeMoreGuy and lmaz806. Both fantastic people. SeeMore is always a treat to play with. He is one of my good buddies here and he we go back a bit. He's fun to talk to and spend time with. lmaz has a string attached to that ball when he hits driver. It's awesome to watch. I loved talking to him about his days in Minor League Baseball. That was cool. Overall, I shot a +2 74 with only hitting like 5 fairways. I was able to hit greens and make putts when I had too. It was fun.

Dinner was fantastic too. Me and motoo talked a bit. What a great person. He's a stand up guy and I respect him alot. I talked with Jenn (Pinky and Chewie's wife) for about an hour or 2 about Medically things and politics. She's great to talk too and I learnt alot about the field I want to study. She'll be a great resource in the future.

Today was just as good as Saturday. I played with Freddie, Chewie, and War Eagle. Freddie can flat out play. I didn't hit the ball great and then he gave me a little swing tip and instantly I felt more comfortable hitting the ball. The guy is amazing to talk too and just a fun person to be around. Hopefully we can tee it up soon. Chewie is always fun to be around. Mr.Consistent and very rarely making mistakes. War hits that awesome power fade and is another great person, even if we did call him Cupid :) I played alot worse. I think I shot low 80's. I stopped keeping track on 15. Easily the best parts of the day is when he were heckling Deano, either from a distance or on the tee. Then when I hit myself in the face with the ball. This ball was really buried in the rough and I decided to hit hybrid and hit myself in the face. It was comical. Then I almost holed out for Albatross on 14? from 195 down the hill. It was one of the sweetest shots I've hit in a while. Still missed the eagle putt. Oh well. It was great day with great people.

Wish I could highlight each individual person because they are all awesome. Canadan is a beast off the tee and a funny guy. LargePhil is so nice and knows his Cigars. Deano is hilarious. Toad is always a good guy. Greg and his bro know how to have a good time. Milehigh is just an all around great guy. I know I missed some people, but really everybody I met was fantastic. I can't wait to do it again guys. I hope I'll be able to raise the funds to go to the Outing. That is my goal between now and Christmas. We really need to do this again. I might be young, but I know how to hang with the older guys :)

Last edited:
Keep hitting them straight there Young Buck.

TapAhoy!

I might be young, but I know how to hang with the older guys :)

You may be young, but, keep it up. The older guys are all laying around recovering. Great to meet you.

Just dropped off the rental, 985 miles..and id do it again in a heartbeat

Back at home sitting at my desk reading everyone's thoughts on the weekend and re-living it through Kelly-Bo's great pics. I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did. Thanks again JB and GolferGal for bringing all this fun not just to us, but to all the THPers at the other stops all month. You've earned a lengthy rest, although I know it is not in your nature. Thanks also to Chewie and Pinky on our end for helping them make this a successful event.

Saturday morning's mini demo day at the range was great for renewing with old friends and meeting new ones. Brought back memories of Orlando. Then on the the equipment. I, once again, fell in love with the SCOR wedges and some combination of them will no doubt make their way into my bag very soon. I also found a little surprise when I decided to hit a Yonex hybrid just hout of curiosity. Every dang ball I hit was just pured. About a half hour later I was still thinking about it and figured it was just a fluke. I grabbed it again and hit another dozen ball or so just as pure. I see a trip to the PGA Superstore coming on. I'll probably run into SeeMore there. :D

Next came two days of great fun on the golf course. Bent Water was in great shape and the new greens were nearly perfect. The Bermuda rough, on the other hand, was EVIL, deep and punitive. On Saturday, I played with Toad and Intimidator2007, and on Sunday again with Toad and cpljohnst. Toad can hit the ball out of sight, and both Intimidator and cpljohnst sweet swings and can hit it a long way also. They made this old man play from the blues both days. I felt like Corey Pavin playing with Bubba and John Daly--fifty yards behind off of every tee. Although I played with Toad both days, it was as if I played with two different guys. On Saturday, I think he hit only four fairways. He must have gone in for an exorcism Saturday night after dinner, because on Sunday, he only missed four fairways. He had such good tempo and was crushing the ball right down the middle. I thoroughly enjoyed both rounds and would tee it up with you guys again any time. I'm looking forward now to May, or perhaps one of the new "Invitationals" whenever they get rolled out. Thanks everyone for a great weekend.

You hit the whole set for an entire round? That's awesome. Great irons and probably a bit less demanding than you expected, huh?

I did indeed.. Pretty sure War went on a mission trying to find me the entire set and I was incredibly appreciative of his efforts. They had the C-Taper x flex in them and were everything I would have hoped they would be. Just super smooth, nice and heavy, and they let you step on them big time. I might prefer the Bridgestone DPC heads better, but it couldn't have been all that far off.. They both felt awesome.

Back