Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

Are you at stock length, Dean? I had mine cut to 44.5" and it was a great decision on my part.

Had mine cut down ddec and it helped.

TapAhoy!

I went from the stock length to 44.5.

I'm honestly not sure if it made a difference or not. I'm hitting it better than ever right now, but I've also been practicing a lot. It seems like I hit the center more since I've done it I guess.

Are you at stock length, Dean? I had mine cut to 44.5" and it was a great decision on my part.

This was a typo on my part. My Classic is at 44.5".

I'm honestly not sure if it made a difference or not. I'm hitting it better than ever right now, but I've also been practicing a lot. It seems like I hit the center more since I've done it I guess.

that's kind of why I'm hesitant. Is it really going to make much of a difference? I was so bored with all the rain yesterday morning I almost threw my kusala black shaft in it haha

Well, it's not going to hurt anything and it only takes a second. Might as well give it a try.

I went to 44.5 as well.

I hit JBs 12* with Blue today and it was do smooth. The extra loft seemed to assist in keeping the ball on its intended flight plan. It never once ballooned but rather just sailed up over the horizon and arced back. I hit a high ball and thought I'd get something else but it never came. I must say I was pleasantly surprised

Freddie I think you are right. I think that the right shaft with this club will do the trick. I should have gone to a higher loft and then a stiffer shaft. The Silver worked better than the Aldila NV 65 I have in it now.

Perry that's the key, a proper pairing. After swinging the B Asha this weekend I'd day it would pair well.

that would be an interesting combo!

I had the longest drive of my life with this thing 2 weekends ago. I was on a 330 yard Par 4 with a bunker guarding the green at about 300 yards. I flew the bunker and ended up right in the middle of the green. It is a downhill hole, but I have never even come close to driving this green before in many rounds played there.

Oh yeah, I missed the eagle putt, but tapped in for birdie.

I had the longest drive of my life with this thing 2 weekends ago. I was on a 330 yard Par 4 with a bunker guarding the green at about 300 yards. I flew the bunker and ended up right in the middle of the green. It is a downhill hole, but I have never even come close to driving this green before in many rounds played there.

Sure you did! This is the internet.HAHA

I wish I would have seen it dude. Nice poke!

Seth, you really do hit this driver well buddy. In fact, it's a thing of beauty, but only when you put that nice smooth swing on it. Funny how that works.

Sure you did! This is the internet.HAHA

I wish I would have seen it dude. Nice poke!

It was insane man. I can't explain it other than I must have hit it perfectly. It was a little down hill, but I never expected that. I thought I put it into the bunker.

Man, Seth, that sounds like an absolute bomb. I wish I could have seen it live this weekend and it was such a shame to hear you were sick.

We'll get there though buddy. Classic in hand, peppering drives. Heck, I might even be banging a Classic by then!

Seth, you really do hit this driver well buddy. In fact, it's a thing of beauty, but only when you put that nice smooth swing on it. Funny how that works.

You are so right about that. Smooth swing = Freekin bombs down the middle. Quick swing = terrible pull hook.

It was insane man. I can't explain it other than I must have hit it perfectly. It was a little down hill, but I never expected that. I thought I put it into the bunker.

I know dude. I still think you need the 61 gram shaft. Just keep hitting the 43 like crazy though.

Man, Seth, that sounds like an absolute bomb. I wish I could have seen it live this weekend and it was such a shame to hear you were sick.

We'll get there though buddy. Classic in hand, peppering drives. Heck, I might even be banging a Classic by then!

Dude, this weekend sucked for me! I seriously rode the couch for 4 straight days. It was no good.

The Classic is sick man. One heck of a studly driver and my favorite I have ever owned to this point. We will definitely get a round together eventually.

got mine today in the mail! really hoping to get out tonight on the range. or hopefully for a round tomorrow if the rain holds off.

got mine today in the mail! really hoping to get out tonight on the range. or hopefully for a round tomorrow if the rain holds off.
Which shaft did you go for?

I got my 290 10.5* back with the VTS silver 6s installed. It's sick. I have a 290 9* head on the way, i'm going to put a Matrix RUL 60 in it. Then i'm going to get some trackman time and check the #'s of those 2 as well as the stock Kua 43s. I'm really hoping the high loft 10.5/low spin VTS or the low loft 9/high spin RUL gives me perfect #'s. I hit the stock Kua well it just ballooned a bit. Thoughts?

Chipped via Tapatalk 2

Back