Ryder Cup Contest - THP & KBS & Official 2012 Ryder Cup Thread [Spoilers]

I don't think this is DL3's fault at all. This thing turned out to be close and things just didn't go the US way. Heck the furyk lip out on 16, the stricker lip out on 17. Heck you could even look back to the 18th yesterday with a stricker lip out. It was a great event, and in the end the US came up short. Fantastic event for golf.

Blaming DL3, complaining about heart etc is all nonsense. Why is it always heart? They just didn't have the ability today and I'm pretty sure they wanted to win. The talk of "wanted it more" is also bullcrap and a better line of thinking is "who dared to lose?". Nothing to lose for the Europeans, everything to lose for Americans.

You'd be hard pressed to find a more veteran squad than the European one and that matters a lot.

Just saw dufner went 4-0 that's amazing for his first time out

I think Woods and Mickelson are still around in two years. Definitely. Keegan, Dufner and Simpson are very likely as well.

Tiger
Phil
Keegan
Dufner
Simpson
Zach Johnson
Dustin Johnson
Matt Kuchar
Hunter Mahan
Rickie Fowler
Kyle Stanley
Patrick Cantlay

Calling it now! The 2014 US Ryder Cup team.

Take Kuch out and sub in a guy like Garrigus and I like the way that looks. Stanley is not a world class player, Sneds will keep his good play the next two years and further and stick out the team.

Great comeback, what a fantastic spectacle!

Two things. 1. Tiger and Stricker should have been benched after they got whipped in the first session. And they shouldn't have been together again Saturday afternoon. That ship has sailed, Tiger and Stricker being the dynamic duo is old news. 2. The new dynamic duo is Phil and Keegan, no way they should have sat Saturday afternoon.

That's it, those 2 things should have been different in my opinion, but had a couple guys not choked down the stretch and USA wins Davis is a genius. I think he did a great job as captain myself.

Just saw dufner went 4-0 that's amazing for his first time out

Dufner went 3-1. Still a great showing by him. DJ was the only American to go undefeated, he went 3-0.

The Euro team always seem to have a good team vibe, more so than USA and I wonder if that helps them to get the sort of momentum that they had today.

I agree. Attitude matters. Ability matters as well, but attitude is huge.

If I can't get 'ole, ole, ole' out of my head soon I'm going to have to join the crowd that's already started drinking.

Blaming DL3, complaining about heart etc is all nonsense. Why is it always heart? They just didn't have the ability today and I'm pretty sure they wanted to win. The talk of "wanted it more" is also bullcrap and a better line of thinking is "who dared to lose?". Nothing to lose for the Europeans, everything to lose for Americans.

You'd be hard pressed to find a more veteran squad than the European one and that matters a lot.

You know who dared to lose? Stricker and Furyk.

The look on Tiger's face when he was on that green tells me he wanted to do good, good but Molinari was making him putt.

I missed that if this happened. I was surprised the captains didn't tell both players to do good,good. I've seen that done in the past even though the player didn't want to give it.

Sent from my GtabComb using Tapatalk 2

Well at least the good news is I'm in the running for all the contests I entered for picking the Euros.

Intersting point being made on TV over here about Hanson's match. The fact that he came back from 4 down to take it to the last hole, even though he eventually lost, might have given a psychological advantage to the Euro players, seeing that someone can battle back from being badly behind and not yielding the 1 point to the USA team early.

Poulter's on the verge of tears. Seriously dude....

Intersting point being made on TV over here about Hanson's match. The fact that he came back from 4 down to take it to the last hole, even though he eventually lost, might have given a psychological advantage to the Euro players, seeing that someone can battle back from being badly behind and not yielding the 1 point to the USA team early.

That's pretty much what Bubba did from 4 down, didn't seem to spur the USA much.

I missed that if this happened. I was surprised the captains didn't tell both players to do good,good. I've seen that done in the past even though the player didn't want to give it.

Oh, Tiger looked like he wanted to fight Molinari.

This should be the last run for Furyk and Stricker. The Ryder Cup has turned into a young man's game.

Tough year for JF. He wasn't on my list as Captains pick for sure. Congrats go to the European Team.

I support this. Scary Molinari looks like he could use a good beat down.

I'm right there with you. Least favorite Euro. He annoys me.

Could anyone on either Ryder Cup team beat Tiger in a fight? I'd have to guess no.

(see what I'm stuck talking about now?)

Looked like JMO wanted Molinari to concede but for whatever reason Molinari was making them play out the hole. Tiger was definitely irritated by it.

This has probably been mentioned, but I feel like Jim and Phil (especially Phil) are getting off pretty easy. They were both on the 17th tee box up 1 and didn't win a single point. Yes Tiger and Steve stunk the joint up, but those were matches - we are talking about 2 holes left each and all you need is to halve one of them!!!!

Someone needs to tell Jim it's hard to make pressure putts with one hand on the putter and the other squeezing your throat. Trust me I know.

This has probably been mentioned, but I feel like Jim and Phil (especially Phil) are getting off pretty easy. They were both on the 17th tee box up 1 and didn't win a single point. Yes Tiger and Steve stunk the joint up, but those were matches - we are talking about 2 holes left each and all you need is to halve one of them!!!!

I hear you but you can't blame Phil. He hits a nearly perfect chip on 17 that barely misses the hole (if that goes in Phil gets a US point) and Rose made an incredible and improbable putt. Nothing Phil could have done on that one. If Phil was still 1UP on 18 I guarantee that he doesn't miss the hole long.

Back