Which paint pen works the best? Would fine tip or ultra-fine tip work best? I've been wanting to paint fill the J40 irons and wedges. And I've made the decision to do it.

I used the Sharpie Fine point oil based paint pens and they were easy and worked great.

What makes it look better than the sharpie oil paint pens? I would prefer a non-gloss.

I do all my work with elmers paint pens, they look great when I'm done
What makes it look better than the sharpie oil paint pens? I would prefer a non-gloss.

A recent post from Janitor4U remind me how much I love paint fill. . .so I am posting my most recent work, many of you have seen the ATV work in my Testing videos-I had to repaint the letter stamping and I went ahead and continued the Patriotic them in my my bag and went with Red White and Blue

7878262812_f69715739c.jpg

I also love the colors Orange and Green and I also love THP so I combined those three things and paint filled my putter to match the 2012 Citrus Headcover-buy it it's pretty awesome-and here it is

7878267804_e7aab70552.jpg

7878268214_cbf69cff30.jpg

7878268842_1bb0892246.jpg

7878269802_487dd81d69.jpg

Oh so much THP love here haha

this was all done with said paint pens

Looks nice. But the Elmer's blue looks like its baby blue. I want a darker blue than that.

Believe me dude it's not pure-run it through a Mass Spec and you will see other signals-hence not pure haha

Pure Acetone is very very expensive-the HPLC grade for analysis is barely %99.8

http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/product/sial/34850?lang=en&region=US

It's possible to make pure acetone, but I agree that they won't be all acetone and no other solutions.

Have you ever used a ir spec, it shows the chemical bonding present in the liquid (the nail varnish remover)
It's fun and cool

You all have in intriqued, time to give it a go.

It's possible to make pure acetone, but I agree that they won't be all acetone and no other solutions.

Have you ever used a ir spec, it shows the chemical bonding present in the liquid (the nail varnish remover)
It's fun and cool

yes it's possible to make but like I said the purest of purest acetone is 99.8% that's the purest one can get, HPLC grade acetone is what we used for analysis-it cost about $400 for a bottle and you can't get purer than that. . .believe me it's what I do for a living. . .anyways, a mass spec is better for looking at what chemicals are present, and to see signals of certain groups and individual cleavage patterns. IR is to determine the type of bonds and to see functional groups so both are important when Identifying a chemical.

Anyways, there is always error in chemical synthesizing since the precursors determine the purity and out come of the product, but for our purposes, nail polish remover is suffice.

Looks nice. But the Elmer's blue looks like its baby blue. I want a darker blue than that.

I had to buy a specific dark Navy blue and that's how I did my blue paint fill because you are correct, the light blue is too light

Note the O and the V
7878262812_f69715739c.jpg

Look at these numbers they are dark blue

7554704354_bcdcb1762a.jpg

7175638335_84c1f9e6cd.jpg

Last edited:
Okay just went to Wally world and got a blue Elmer's paint pen. Getting ready to do my paint fill. Will be done tonight. I will post before and after pics. They had 2 different blues. So I got both so I could decide which to use.

Okay just went to Wally world and got a blue Elmer's paint pen. Getting ready to do my paint fill. Will be done tonight. I will post before and after pics. They had 2 different blues. So I got both so I could decide which to use.

Awesome, glad you found it. Good luck! make sure to shake it quite a bit

Got them drying. Here are the pics so far.

Before
vu7ymapa.jpg
vutumepu.jpg
ba6yrere.jpg

Now waiting to dry to clean them up.
sa9a6ave.jpg

Fear the Sober Frog!! Amphibians can Tapatalk

Wow, that blue definitely stands out. I bet it looks good with the shafts you have in them.

I need to go to a model shop and check out some new colours for the numbers on the sole of my irons.

Finished product. That was very easy!
e4uvyhez.jpg
u8arusus.jpg

And wedges.
e8u9epeg.jpg
vyraty9a.jpg

Digging the blue froggy.. That is definitely the one downfall of the new bridgey line, that the "B" isn't fillable..

Also surprised you didn't go with greeeeeeen!

That looks great Bullfrog, did you get the light blue?

Nope that is the darker blue. Not baby blue. Looks awesome with the blue PX shafts. The black oxide wedges look sweet too!

Nope that is the darker blue. Not baby blue. Looks awesome with the blue PX shafts. The black oxide wedges look sweet too!

yeah man you did a great job, If you want it a bit darker, add more blue paint in a couple of hours and see if it works

Bullfrog, that blue looks great man! Nice job and good color choice.

This thread has inspired me to do some paint filling of my own, but not only on my clubs.

Blue looks great in the J40's. Good choice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, I love that so many others are into this. Working on the bottome of the Scotty now, and will soon finish up the rest of my irons(4, 5, 6). Something about this is really enjoyable to me. With my work I'm on the phone for most of the day, but I'm pretty sure I could sit here while doing that and just change the paint fills on my clubs all day lol.

Back