Golf Courses, Reviews & Local Outings - Changes on THP

Giving this a raining afternoon in Orlando bump. Every THPr has played golf in the last few weeks. Write a review and share your thoughts with the rest of us.
You'll be spreading the word about local courses and sharing the ins and outs as you see them. Not to mention you could be featured with the review of the month. So let's see some reviews from those popular courses in your area or that you've traveled to recently.

Nice bump, it's also a great excuse to go play a course you haven't in a while or even a brand new one!!!

probably way late to the party...but let me just say that the banner ad for Caledonia is AWESOME.

I'm thinking of writing a formal review for Firestone South even though I already have a thread describing my experience there. Not sure if I should put the review in the existing thread though.

Lots of great reviews so far, keep them coming.

We are hoping to get out to TPC Deere Run in the next couple weeks and I'll try to get a good review done this time. The last one was ok, but I think it could be better.

We are hoping to get out to TPC Deere Run in the next couple weeks and I'll try to get a good review done this time. The last one was ok, but I think it could be better.

Let me know when your headed there. Been wanting to play there this fall.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

Will do buddy.

Just a bump to let everybody know to keep the pictures and reviews coming.

I'll be taking my camera out to my home course tomorrow. It's suppose to be sunny and warm..for a change. Fall's here and the rounds are gonna end soon. So, it'll be nice to give my home course some talk and pix, especially with the couple of hole renos. Next year, they'll most likely come into play..was hoping for it this year, but it'll be cool to try 'em when they're ready. L8R

I played my potential new home course (Lane Creek) yesterday and had a great time. I shot 87, which in my mind was a decent score, on a course that I have never set foot on. Fast Champion Tift Bermuda undulating greens, with rolling fairways that give you every kind of down hill, up, side, etc. that you can imagine. Creeks, ponds, and huge deep bunkers & sand traps to grab your ball. Beautiful golf course which fit my eyes very well. Quite open on certain holes but tight on others so it gives you opportunities and takes them away. Great all around golf course!

KellyBo and I played Monroe Country Club prior to me going to Lane Creek yesterday. Monroe CC is another course that will having you in a daze staring at the beautiful surrounds. It reminds me of a little Augusta National with the rolling perfectly manicured fairways and majestic pines. Practically no thick woods to worry about as the course is so clean. Absolutely gorgeous setup that has many right to left holes which is perfect for my old swing. The sand traps are huge with pretty white sand and the greens are bent grass and extremely quick. MaryC is coming in Sunday to play a round of golf on this course. I'm sure she will have some input once she has seen this gym.

I will write some better reviews with some great pics on these two beautiful golf courses soon. Life has been a bit hectic for KellyBo and myself the last month, so I was just looking for some relaxation and fun. My mind was not ready for thoughtful reviews :D

Arrgh! Forgot my camera at home today. Looks good tomorrow, will try to remember to bring it then...hopefully.

Keep those reviews coming.

I've got another 9 coming from Osprey, I'll post it later this evening or in the morning.

I was up in Gatlinburg TN this week and played "River Islands" in Kodak TN. Super interesting course. The front had 3, Par 3's and each was a about a 180 carry to "island" greens. Good price and friendly staff. Showed up w/o a tee time and the Pro wedged us in no problem. It's worth a play if you are in East TN.

We will be announcing another Review of the month coming up soon.
Keep the course reviews coming.

Keep the reviews coming. Dont forget to start a new thread with your review and include your pictures. Another winner was just announced. Each month we will pick a course review, feature it on the home page and send out prizes.

This has spurred some pretty awesome content since its inception. I'm a course nerd and have really enjoyed all the reviews.

Man, I am kicking myself for not taking pictures at Deere Run. The lack of leaves made it a lot less good looking anyway though.

I am new to the reviewing. Put my first one up last night and any feedback there it via PM is appreciated.

Also thanks JB for moving it to the right spot.

If you get out and play this weekend, don't forget the pictures.
Love seeing all these reviews.

Got a review planned for the course I will be on this weekend with my Father!

I will be doing one on Tour 18 after our round on Friday as well.

If you are getting out to play this weekend, don't forget to take the camera.

PalmerMPT004_zpsfe263d85.jpg

This is a seriously intimidating tee shot. 120, 150, 180 to carry the bunkers. You can go left of them but that leaves you 250 to the green on a par 4. Hole 4 at Palmer Legends at The Villages, Florida. I planned a full review but by the fourth hole my grandpa was sick of the camera so I had to stop snapping photos. Fun round and quite a difficult course.

PalmerMPT004_zpsfe263d85.jpg

This is a seriously intimidating tee shot. 120, 150, 180 to carry the bunkers. You can go left of them but that leaves you 250 to the green on a par 4. Hole 4 at Palmer Legends at The Villages, Florida. I planned a full review but by the fourth hole my grandpa was sick of the camera so I had to stop snapping photos. Fun round and quite a difficult course.

Is this the Villages where the old folks live in Florida? Dayum,,,, they give the old folks a tough course to play huh?

Back