Cobra AMP Driver Review

7 people have hit my amp in the last week and each one hit it extemely well. Most better than the driver they were playing at the time.

It was very close for me. I would have done a head to head comparison but someone was getting angry that Kmac was doing that.

After a couple of quick pointers yesterday I was hammering this thing again. This weekend could be a lot of fun.

I really like this driver and the stock stiff shaft just works for me. Comparable monitor numbers with my K15 but I avoided occasional big pull/hook. A serious off-season ponder.

7 people have hit my amp in the last week and each one hit it extemely well. Most better than the driver they were playing at the time.

But they still won't buy it because of its color...

@WR I think you'll like the Amp over the S3 all day long. I found a much more piercing ball flight that really gets to it maximum plane very quick giving me optimal distance.
The S3 had more of a rainbow ball flight.

I'm taking the AMP out for my round tomorrow, my course has a demo. Haven't hit it yet so I can't wait!

But they still won't buy it because of its color...

I think the orange on the club had a few people going at the beginning but a lot got over it because of how solid it is.

For $200 bucks right now and a lot of places offering a discount it's an awesome deal. I bet something new is on the horizon, though.

I hit the Amp again, it is a hook machine for me. This was the neutral setting. Anyone else have hooking issues? Grabbed a classic just to see and it was right down the pipe. Now this was a beat up demo club so that may have had something to do with it. Either way I still love this club and may just have to get it. Great prices out now too.

I hit the Amp again, it is a hook machine for me. This was the neutral setting. Anyone else have hooking issues? Grabbed a classic just to see and it was right down the pipe. Now this was a beat up demo club so that may have had something to do with it. Either way I still love this club and may just have to get it. Great prices out now too.

why do you think it's a hook machine for you Vince? Do you think it's the shaft or the head? Have you had the chance to try it on the Open setting?

I'm not sure I have hit this driver?? I guess I need to make that happen!

why do you think it's a hook machine for you Vince? Do you think it's the shaft or the head? Have you had the chance to try it on the Open setting?

Just looking at the monitor last night everything was a huge hook Dean. I have hit it before and liked it, there were hooks but not as bad. It could be the monitor as I was in Martins hitting it. I did not open it as it was late and they were getting ready to close. I may try opening it up as I have to open the classic to get it started on the right line. Also my swing is in the dumper with driver now so that had some to do with it but I do tend to hit hard draws or hooks with it.

$100 off at GS plus I've got a 20% coupon which makes it $159.99. I am so tempted but also so not in need of a gratuitous purchase right now. Gotta resist the temptation...

I have to say that the performance of this driver made me get rid of the Anser. I didn't want to mess with the great thing I have going. Its about as good as it gets for me, driverwise.

Love to hear that, Frank. I saw a good amount of AMP love last weekend. I could play that driver any day and be happy.

Kudos to you for going with a driver that gives you results.....sometimes the grass just isn't greener on the other fairway

I have to say that the performance of this driver made me get rid of the Anser. I didn't want to mess with the great thing I have going. Its about as good as it gets for me, driverwise.

I got AMP'ed on Saturday. I hit 4-5 on the range beforehand and really saw some great shots. Took it onto the course and played some wicked power fades with it. I really liked the feel of it and overall definitely more than my VRS. Hope to get some more time with one in the future.

You hit some very nice shots with it, jj. Every now and then you'd get one on that mid trajectory that just went and went.

I definitely want to give it some more time. That was also a 10.5 so some of those power fade were really getting up there. I liked the feel of the shaft though for sure.

I liked Franks AMP driver so much Id already have one if not for the current testing going on. Freaking thing was awesome.

Wow, I have been out of the loop the last few days. You got rid of the Anser?!

I love the AMP love. It really is a great driver.

Sure is. And I even stopped noticing the orange grip.
yeah, that stuff never bothered me really. I said at the outing and on that it was a solid driver. Glad to see people are seeing that now.

I liked Franks AMP driver so much Id already have one if not for the current testing going on. Freaking thing was awesome.

I thought you were going to take that thing from him. You hit it great that round.

I can't wait to put the Amp back into play this weekend. Hoping to crush it again for my tourny.

Back