What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sentence makes me uncharacteristically uncomfortable for some reason.

Why? You don't have to mop it up.

Edit: tonight is dirty rice. The trick is WHEN. Boo has 5:00 golf clinic; The Kid has 6:00 pm baseball; and Hubby has 6:30 tennis (that last followed by beer).

Pork chops for dinner tonight. Good Lord willing I won't get the Swine Flu after dinner. :wink:

Well its still cooked with a flame, its just under it. I think the broiler can get hotter, which gives you the optimal crust that we all strive for. Plus, broilers usually have a adjustable rack.

What he said.

GB I prefer it over an open flame as well but Broiling it still gives me the black crustiness I desire and seals in the juice just as well. My Broiler doesn't get as hot as some but I can still get a nice char from it at 500 degrees.

Interesting. I strive to never have black crustiness on my steaks. I have a gas grill at the house, but prefer my steaks be cooked over mesquite or pecan wood.

I cook mine medium rare. The girls ask for theirs medium well, but I can't bring myself to ruin a good piece of meat like that, so they get medium.

I'll chalk it up to a geographical difference in food preparation.

You SoCal folks sure make a mean Tri-Tip sammich, so I guess I'll come back out and visit again one of these days. :D

I don't know if this makes sense, but I try to get it so that the surface is carmelized, and definitely has nice fat black grill marks, but not so fried on the outside that it is carbonized to the consistency of charcoal or something.

I like the pepercorn treatment as well, but I rarely have any around the house. I often use a combination of white and black pepper instead, plus sea salt, oregano, and garlic salt.

Interesting. I strive to never have black crustiness on my steaks.

Its a fine line with the crust Gummi and you dont want to cross it.

If you ever come to LA ill take you out for a good tri tip sandwich.

Homemade Meatball Subs. YUMMMMM

Fish and Chips.

Red chile-honey glazed salmon with black beans tonight.

I transfered the black beans to the food processor with a slotted spoon, added a little of the cooking liquid and pulsed it tonight. They were good like that and it was easier to plate.

We're hosting a wine tasting dinner tonight--Australian meritage. So it's a spring theme. With the wine tasting part, gazillion appetizers--the usual shrimp platter, cheese platter, cashews. Also olive puffs, savory oyster crackers, wasabi peas, and I forget all.

Salad and homemade honey whole wheat bread. Leg of lamb with yogurt sauce & mint sauce, four grain (brown rice, wild rice, barley, and bulgar) pilaf with mushrooms, whole green beans with carmelized pearl onions. Homemade key lime pie (Hubby's specialty) for dessert.

The weather is fabulous, and I"ve been inside all day cooking and prepping.

We were going to go to Gojo's Japanese Steakhouse tonight. But they are full up for tonight. So it's steak and potatoes on the grill.

Going to Mortons tonight. :banana:
I have fallen out of love with Rib Eyes and found my way back to New Yorks. How is this possible?

I dunno Gas. Other than a filet, Ribeyes are my favorite.

I dunno Gas. Other than a filet, Ribeyes are my favorite.
Thats what im saying, but im really into Strips right now. I just hope the Rib eye doesnt find out.

Thats what im saying, but im really into Strips right now. I just hope the Rib eye doesnt find out.

Be a man--order both! :act-up:

Ribs, coleslaw, and sweet potatoes. Finished with the rest of last night's Key Lime Pie. I need to spend about a solid week on the ellipitical machine.

I hear ya sox! I just ate the rest of the left over chinese food, plus ice cream. And earlier today I had a burrito from Chipotle...I finally got to eat there, it's good but WAY too expensive I would rather go to Moes. Oh and I forgot to mention that after the burrito (and no I didn't actually finish the whole thing, in fact half of it ended up on my white pants, oops) I had a smart ones dessert. It's back to the healthy eating and working out for me starting tomorrow.

Rib-eyes on the BBQ tonight. My favorite meal these days. With asparagus, french bread, smoked Gouda, and a white Bordeaux from Graves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back