2012 Srixon Golf Ball Lineup

JB, have you been able to hit the SL yet?

JB, have you been able to hit the SL yet?

Yesterday I sure did. I like it quite a bit. Flies a little higher than the RX I have been playing, but distance was on par and for me that was critical. Spin was excellent around the greens and the ball overall performed as advertised.

I played 27 holes with one Q Star yesterday. The ball is slightly growing on me. I don't think I'm getting enough out of it off the tee. I don't know why though b/c I seemed to be neck and neck with One-T and his B330 RX. I find adequate spin out of approach shots but I hit high balls so I'm not sure it matters. I'm almost positive my choice will be the Q Star or the ZStar XV. I need to spend more time with the XV but I sure don't want to pay for them.

Yesterday I sure did. I like it quite a bit. Flies a little higher than the RX I have been playing, but distance was on par and for me that was critical. Spin was excellent around the greens and the ball overall performed as advertised.

Thanks. I was expecting a little more spin than the RX, so that highness isn't surprising. Looking forward to checking it out. Should be available here very soon.

I played 27 holes with one Q Star yesterday. The ball is slightly growing on me. I don't think I'm getting enough out of it off the tee. I don't know why though b/c I seemed to be neck and neck with One-T and his B330 RX. I find adequate spin out of approach shots but I hit high balls so I'm not sure it matters. I'm almost positive my choice will be the Q Star or the ZStar XV. I need to spend more time with the XV but I sure don't want to pay for them.

I have three XV's I could send your way buddy. They are yellow, if that matters.

You want to trade something for them? I am playing yellow QStars right now so that would be awesome.

Nah, just pm me your address dude. I'll send them out tomorrow. I have a dozen Q-Stars already.

Nah, just pm me your address dude. I'll send them out tomorrow. I have a dozen Q-Stars already.

You don't want anything? I can send you a sleeve of RX's or Penta's LOL

Nope, I'm all good, but I appreciate the offer. I bought a sleeve of the XV, and as much as I like them around the green, I just don't know that they will really be right for me. Might as well send them to a good home ;)

Awesome dude! I'll take them for sure. Let me know if I can do something for you down the road though. SW gave me a XV to game when we played and I really liked it. It's swimming in Etowah, NC right now though.

No problem at all man. If I can grab about 3-4 mph more swing speed I might revisit them, but for now I think there are better options. I'm really hoping that SL is what I'm looking for.

No problem at all man. If I can grab about 3-4 mph more swing speed I might revisit them, but for now I think there are better options. I'm really hoping that SL is what I'm looking for.

It sounds like it could be bro!

Thanks again man!

I'll text you my addy.

Got me a dozen SL in Tour Yellow. Can't put them in play for over a week, but at least I got them. $2 more than the 2012 330RX. They feel pretty squishy on the cover. Can't wait to get some swings in with them.

Sounds like the Sl is similiar to the Z Star but for slower swing speeds. I like the Z Star XV. This one sounds a little softer than the XV but I'll try them and see.

I love playing the yellow z-star x balls. The other day I picked up a dozen of the yellow xvs' and cant wait to use them this weekend.

Welcome Crunch. Let us know your feedback after you test them out.

I use to play the yellow z stars. Then the yellow 330s came out! Never had a problem with Srixon balls

I was really hoping they would soften the cover of the Z-Star X/XV's juuuuuust a little to make it less clicky and more like a Penta/ProV1/B330S. I love the core in both of those balls, especially the XV, but not such a fan of the slightly firmer cover.

I guess that may come at the cost of durability in their eyes.

I was really hoping they would soften the cover of the Z-Star X/XV's juuuuuust a little to make it less clicky and more like a Penta/ProV1/B330S. I love the core in both of those balls, especially the XV, but not such a fan of the slightly firmer cover.

I guess that may come at the cost of durability in their eyes.

Have you tried them? The SL cover feels softer than the XV to my fingers and sounds a little lower toned than it off the putter. Not quite as sticky the V1 or maybe the Penta I guess, moreso than the XV for sure.

Have you tried them? The SL cover feels softer than the XV to my fingers and sounds a little lower toned than it off the putter. Not quite as sticky the V1 or maybe the Penta I guess, moreso than the XV for sure.

I have not tried the SL because how they describe it doesn't make it sound as if it is for me. They say it is meant for slower swingers and it has a higher launch angle. I generate a good amount of clubhead speed (105-109 driver) and already hit it mid-high.

If I am honest, I won't be dicking around with a new ball this year anyway as I went down that road last year and ended up back where I began.

Instead I'll just jack my game up nicely by dicking around with lots of equipment changes, the old school way. :banghead:

Played 18 yesterday with the XV. Great feel, spin and control around the greens, nice off the putter, and good distance. I did pull out the B330-S and RXS to get distance differences off the driver, but never hit two equally to tell. I really like the XV! It's a great ball. It felt a little less "hard" off the driver compared to the 330-S.

Played 18 yesterday with the XV. Great feel, spin and control around the greens, nice off the putter, and good distance. I did pull out the B330-S and RXS to get distance differences off the driver, but never hit two equally to tell. I really like the XV! It's a great ball. It felt a little less "hard" off the driver compared to the 330-S.

like hearing this. just waiting for the snow to melt and gates to open, so i can hit the links and start testing these XV's.

I think the Q Star is a very good golf ball, but I'm moving on to something else. It's good, but it's not really excellent for me. I want to be wow'd. Nah, I honestly feel like it's lacking off the tee for me. XV is up next (thanks Hawk)

Damnit. Thanks for the reminder. They are still in my truck dude!

Damnit. Thanks for the reminder. They are still in my truck dude!

LOL, dude no worries. You don't have to send them. i'm almost certain I'm playing the XV's or the plain old jane zstar

Back