The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
My rant of the day? Well, i dont know really if it's a rant or a banter because it feels like the universe needed to even things out so i wasn't surprised that it happend. Febuary was a really good month for me in terms of economy, so it was bound to happen.

Went to the range, hit a few balls and on the way home i got a speeding ticket. 7,46mph to fast = $350 fine. And i was going to order a new hybrid and fw today.

Well someone has to pay to manufacture all the beautiful women over there. Maybe they should start charging $350 for speeding tickets here..ahaha

I'd be mad that I had to pay a speeding ticket rather than get some golf stuff!

Sure, it's not fun. But as i said in my first post i felt like it was bound to happen and therefore dont feel any anger. It's not like i can blame someone else for the ticket either :)

Well someone has to pay to manufacture all the beautiful women over there. Maybe they should start charging $350 for speeding tickets here..ahaha

Hahaha! One can see it like that :)

That's a hefty ticket. Yikes.

Sweden finally shows a weakness. Ridiculous traffic fines!

Sweden finally shows a weakness. Ridiculous traffic fines!

We dont only have one of the highest taxing rates in the world. We also have one of the highest fine-rate.

And the highest blonde to non-blonde ratio in the world!

We dont only have one of the highest taxing rates in the world. We also have one of the highest fine-rate.

Hardly :p Blondes are a minority now a days!
nooooooooooooooooooo! *faints*

my rant... i cant for the life of me figure out world golf rankings... how in the crap can rory be anywhere near #1 and phil isnt? its mind bottling

nooooooooooooooooooo! *faints*

my rant... i cant for the life of me figure out world golf rankings... how in the crap can rory be anywhere near #1 and phil isnt? its mind bottling

More wins/top 10s/better finishes in the previous season or so, methinks. Rory has had more starts, I believe, with combined PGA Tour and Euro Tour starts than Phil in 2011, so more chances to get world ranking points.

Phil would have to come over to Europe and play against the stronger fields to get the points up a bit. :D

Not sure where to put this but I was given a rant at my club the other day. One of my favorite guys at my muni, a guy who is always laughing and doling out jokes and ribbing just went off on me.

Earlier in the week I'd asked him if he was going to play in Sunday's scramble and he said, "no, I only play in real tournaments. where it is just you and your score, yada, yada..." So I saw him warming up on Sunday and hollered, "Hey (name) I thought you weren't going to play because this wasn't a real tournament!" I said it with a smile and in a joking voice. He went OFF. Started cursing and telling me to shut the F up, keep my mouth shut. I thought it was funny (intentionally from him) so I joshed back slightly a couple of more times with him yelling even more. Very weird but I laughed it off and played the scramble.

After the round I asked him if he was mad and he flipped me off, went off on a rant about how I do things he taught his kids not to do when they were 5, that I was a jerk and that I am the most negative person he has ever met (umm, not true, if you know me.) He also said he never wants to talk to or know me again. I sincerely apologized and said he obviously took something I said very wrongly. I learned after that fact that he was also bugged that I had given him some sh*t in the past about missing a couple leagues night, since I was disappointed I couldn't play against him as he one of my favorite guys on the course. Apparently he holds grudges and cannot handle a little ribbing despite being one of those jovial guys' guys who likes to dish it out.

I'm still stunned by it and am trying to figure how to work it out. Everyone I've talked to is just as confused, since they view him the same way as I described him up top.

I for one don't care for trash talking but it seems to be a rule to do so at my muni. So much so that I give it a lukewarm try every now and then with my buddies or during league night. Now I guess I'm going to have to be careful about this because some people have a weird response to it.

Still scratching my head and wondering if I am a closet jerk... :)

Last edited:
No, he's just one of those guys who can dish it out but not take it very well. I'd probably keep dishing it out to the guy whenever you hear him giving it to someone else.

If he is part of the league night, I would give him a call and hash it out. Its not fun having an elephant in the room.

Not sure where to put this but I was given a rant at my club the other day. One of my favorite guys at my muni, a guy who is always laughing and doling out jokes and ribbing just went off on me.

Earlier in the week I'd asked him if he was going to play in Sunday's scramble and he said, "no, I only play in real tournaments. where it is just you and your score, yada, yada..." So I saw him warming up on Sunday and hollered, "Hey (name) I thought you weren't going to play because this wasn't a real tournament!" I said it with a smile and in a joking voice. He went OFF. Started cursing and telling me to shut the F up, keep my mouth shut. I thought it was funny (intentionally from him) so I joshed back slightly a couple of more times with him yelling even more. Very weird but I laughed it off and played the scramble.

After the round I asked him if he was mad and he flipped me off, went off on a rant about how I do things he taught his kids not to do when they were 5, that I was a jerk and that I am the most negative person he has ever met (umm, not true, if you know me.) He also said he never wants to talk to or know me again. I sincerely apologized and said he obviously took something I said very wrongly. I learned after that fact that he was also bugged that I had given him some sh*t in the past about missing a couple leagues night, since I was disappointed I couldn't play against him as he one of my favorite guys on the course. Apparently he holds grudges and cannot handle a little ribbing despite being one of those jovial guys' guys who likes to dish it out.

I'm still stunned by it and am trying to figure how to work it out. Everyone I've talked to is just as confused, since they view him the same was I as described him at the top.

I for one don't care for trash talking but it seems to be a rule to do so at my muni. So much so that I give it a lukewarm try every now and then with my buddies or during league night. Now I guess I'm going to have to be careful about this because some people have a weird response to it.

Wow that sucks. I'd try to clear the air next time you see him. It sounds like you'd feel better if you did. Hopefully he was just fired up about something else and took it out on you. Good luck!

Holy crap, its like pondering has become a no no at times. Lol. Aye. That's my rant.

No, he's just one of those guys who can dish it out but not take it very well. I'd probably keep dishing it out to the guy whenever you hear him giving it to someone else.

Well I'm not going to push his buttons but I am going to say hi to him since I didn't agree to pretend I would no longer know him. Hopefully he'll come around.

My right hand. No idea what I did to it, but it's a constant deep ache from the index finger up through the thumb and getting worst every day. I just blew it off as arthritis when it started 5 weeks ago, but I've lost a lot of strength in the hand and today it's all swelled up. Stupid thing wakes me up in the middle of the night and at times get's numb for no reason.

My right hand. No idea what I did to it, but it's a constant deep ache from the index finger up through the thumb and getting worst every day. I just blew it off as arthritis when it started 5 weeks ago, but I've lost a lot of strength in the hand and today it's all swelled up. Stupid thing wakes me up in the middle of the night and at times get's numb for no reason.
So many dirty jokes that just entered my head but I think I'm gonna pass on using them. See the Doc Duey!

If i were you i'd try apologizing again but if he isn't willing to move past it and be an adult, then he is just a tool

Well I'm not going to push his buttons but I am going to say hi to him since I didn't agree to pretend I would no longer know him. Hopefully he'll come around.

So many dirty jokes that just entered my head but I think I'm gonna pass on using them. See the Doc Duey!

Haha, happily ambidextrous.

My club is closed for the third day in a row today, this just sucks. I can't play golf tomorrow, so my next shot will be thursday. GGggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back