Morgan Cup - Preparation Thread

Sorry to hear that Hawk, but have fun on the heated range. The doctor said I can golf with the giant hole in my back so I'm going to be playing on sunday! I was going to golf tomorrow but its supposed to be high winds and rain, no deal. I will golf in one of those two but not both.

Nice, Breeze. Hope you enjoy it and play well buddy.

Went down to the "Pit of Readiness". Practiced 14' putts for about a half an hour. Then did my workout. I changed it up a little bit. I added more weight and went less reps. As well as adding another set. Then after that, I gave that punching bag (cb and SethO faces...LOL all in fun) one heck of a beating for 9 mins. Right now my body feels like wet spaghetti noodles. So, I should definitely feel the soreness tomorrow. No soreness no gain... I'm really looking forward to getting back out and playing again. But in the mean time I will still try and get to the heated range. And continue my workouts. Plus my putting practice with Betti. I have to say I like the den caddy I got, put all my balls after "Frogging" them out in there 7 Dozen of B330 RX's, is pretty sweet.

Had my first lesson today. Lol I'll explain in a while but man it was a good time. It's going to be really hard to change to what he wants but it was starting to click. When it does, I don't think I ever remember hitting drives like I did. We had to move back because I was hitting through to the other side. Almost pegged a couple people lol. But we changed my grip and where my hands and clubs sit.

In a cruel twist of fate, we went Rory McIlroy to base my swing off of..... HAHAHAHA.

Had my first lesson today. Lol I'll explain in a while but man it was a good time. It's going to be really hard to change to what he wants but it was starting to click. When it does, I don't think I ever remember hitting drives like I did. We had to move back because I was hitting through to the other side. Almost pegged a couple people lol. But we changed my grip and where my hands and clubs sit.

In a cruel twist of fate, we went Rory McIlroy to base my swing off of..... HAHAHAHA.
Awesome stuff marcawesome! You're going to be killing the ball, I can't wait til May to see how it's working for you.

Part of my prep is getting into better shape. I love tennis and so I have started playing again. Well this morning I wrenched my back and I'm in a good amount of pain. Might be taking some time off

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Awesome stuff marcawesome! You're going to be killing the ball, I can't wait til May to see how it's working for you.

Thanks Jake! It's going ot be a lot of ups and downs but im stoked.

Part of my prep is getting into better shape. I love tennis and so I have started playing again. Well this morning I wrenched my back and I'm in a good amount of pain. Might be taking some time off

Get well Chunky. Back pain is never fun.

Went down to the "Pit of Readiness" again. Worked on 6'-10' putts for about 2 hours. Plus I practiced some chipping on my birdie ball. It's more of just the stroke of the chip than anything else. I can see it will help me with blading chips. Picking clean off of a piece of worn down carpet is almost like hitting off of hard dirt. Then I did my workout. I'm up to doing more weight with less reps. Also adding another set. Then I did 9 minutes on the CB/S Bag! It's almost time to replace their photo's with new ones. They are starting to get worn out even though I have them completely taped over to make them last longer. It's great motivation for me. I better gain some distance off the tee with all the work that I'm putting in.

That sucks Chunky, I hope you get better soon.

Better head to the Chiropractor, stat! We need you captain! Hope you have a quick recovery buddy.

So I hit more balls yesterday and right now its still 35/65 good to bad hits, but the 35% is the best feeling in the world. Anyone who is one the fence for lessons, needs to do two things. Find a good instructor and do it. There is no substitute for a professional looking at your swing. It's hard work but worth it.

I'm not going to ever be hitting more than 50 balls a session and over half that will be for my tee game. Talked in length to my instructor about these things and until the swing is fixed, I don't want to overdue anything and stick to swinging well.

It's completely changed the way I looked at every club in my bag, every shaft in my bag too. What an amazing feeling.

So I hit more balls yesterday and right now its still 35/65 good to bad hits, but the 35% is the best feeling in the world. Anyone who is one the fence for lessons, needs to do two things. Find a good instructor and do it. There is no substitute for a professional looking at your swing. It's hard work but worth it.

I'm not going to ever be hitting more than 50 balls a session and over half that will be for my tee game. Talked in length to my instructor about these things and until the swing is fixed, I don't want to overdue anything and stick to swinging well.

It's completely changed the way I looked at every club in my bag, every shaft in my bag too. What an amazing feeling.

good stuff Tina, I need to take your advice some day. I could become lethal with a lesson though. hahaha

Chunky, hope you heal quick. LOL at Tmex's ironic swing model.

I had to drive down the interstate to the heated range for some practice yesterday. They have these awesome 150 ball buckets for like $12. Sort of sucked because a sweet 30-40mph wind was blowing directly in my face. Made it cold and blew the ball off the mats. LOL at how high I was hitting the ball on full swings into the wind.

Worked on limiting lateral movement and was happy for the most part. It feels like the last little piece of the puzzle, so I want to make it go away for good. It's nice to see how much more consistent I'm hitting the center of the face if I am staying behind the ball. Still a work in progress and I tend to revert a bit when I get tired. Lots of time work on it though. Wind really prevented me from gauging distance, ball flight, or anything aside from where I was hitting the face.

Got tired after the first bucket, but stupidly kept going. I just wanted to get my money/time's worth, but now I'm sore and I finished pretty weak compared to where I started. Snow melted for the most part, so hopefully can find a course that's open next weekend.

Nice buddy. I bet that percentage creeps up quickly with some time to digest it all.

Chunky, hope you heal quick. LOL at Tmex's ironic swing model.

I had to drive down the interstate to the heated range for some practice yesterday. They have these awesome 150 ball buckets for like $12. Sort of sucked because a sweet 30-40mph wind was blowing directly in my face. Made it cold and blew the ball off the mats. LOL at how high I was hitting the ball on full swings into the wind.

Worked on limiting lateral movement and was happy for the most part. It feels like the last little piece of the puzzle, so I want to make it go away for good. It's nice to see how much more consistent I'm hitting the center of the face if I am staying behind the ball. Still a work in progress and I tend to revert a bit when I get tired. Lots of time work on it though. Wind really prevented me from gauging distance, ball flight, or anything aside from where I was hitting the face.

Got tired after the first bucket, but stupidly kept going. I just wanted to get my money/time's worth, but now I'm sore and I finished pretty weak compared to where I started. Snow melted for the most part, so hopefully can find a course that's open next weekend.

I hate that turd Rory but he has an amazingly powerful swing. That's good though Hawk you're feeling like you're getting there and close to it. Sometimes its not about where the ball goes but what you're doing to get there. At some point the two will meet and you'll then have superHawk!

good stuff Tina, I need to take your advice some day. I could become lethal with a lesson though. hahaha

Lol. Dude its gonna take multiple lessons and a lot of frustrating/fun times. I don't even know what you'd need lessons with haha. I just like the fact I have one change, and I wont need tweeking once its ingrained. My goal is not only to just be better but next time I golf with you, I want to hear you say, "Man, that's some nice improvement Tina". I genuinely felt like at times I let you down and you never once were pissed off or angry with me. I never wanted my swing to leave a playing partner in the dust again brohammer.

I hate that turd Rory but he has an amazingly powerful swing. That's good though Hawk you're feeling like you're getting there and close to it. Sometimes its not about where the ball goes but what you're doing to get there. At some point the two will meet and you'll then have superHawk!

Lol. Dude its gonna take multiple lessons and a lot of frustrating/fun times. I don't even know what you'd need lessons with haha. I just like the fact I have one change, and I wont need tweeking once its ingrained. My goal is not only to just be better but next time I golf with you, I want to hear you say, "Man, that's some nice improvement Tina". I genuinely felt like at times I let you down and you never once were pissed off or angry with me. I never wanted my swing to leave a playing partner in the dust again brohammer.

dudeler. We were out there to have fun, I never once got irritated with you because as I said onthe first tee, I wanted to have fun. Which I think we did. Until I got tired and was swinging like crap, then I wasnt having fun. That was the longest day and round of my life. The onl time I just laughed at you was the par 3, number 3. You hit a great shot to the center of the green, had a 10 footer for birdie, then you had a 15 footer for par. We laughed it off. I had a blast with you broham

I went to the range yesterday and was working on some things. I hit the ball really well as long as I remembered to release the club and not let my swing get out of sync. I have a bad problem with getting stuck at the top of my swing.

Also, I spent some time on the putting green and I am trying to take my left hand out of the equation as much as possible. I am trying to make the stroke mostly with my right hand and have the left as just stability. Instead of having only my left index finger over my right hand, I have the index and middle finger over my right hand.

dudeler. We were out there to have fun, I never once got irritated with you because as I said onthe first tee, I wanted to have fun. Which I think we did. Until I got tired and was swinging like crap, then I wasnt having fun. That was the longest day and round of my life. The onl time I just laughed at you was the par 3, number 3. You hit a great shot to the center of the green, had a 10 footer for birdie, then you had a 15 footer for par. We laughed it off. I had a blast with you broham

Lol. That stupid putt. I remember laughing at that one. I had too much pent up power in my putt. I know you didnt dude but you're my bestie and I wanted to not have those wtc holes.

I never once not had fun bro. That was never an issue. I think every bad shot we hit, we just laughed at each other lol. Even if we were pissed haha. I just wanted to be able to take some pressure off you as the round wore on. We both were hot early.

This whole prep thing is awesome but I'm not putting the pressure I did. I'm hitting way less balls but spending more time practicing. If we ever get on a scramble team with your bro, I reckon we'd be lethal.

Dear short game area, please open.

Is anybody else just not thinking a lot about the MC at all while they are doing this prep? I know I'm posting it all here, but it could just as easily go in our old thread. I'm just enjoying learning some things and hope to be a better golfer in general. I figure I will play how I play in July, improved or not. Probably will hit some stinkers and some good ones. I'm just excited to get my tour pro experience on and hopefully I can swear loudly like Jake after making a sweet putt.

Lol. That stupid putt. I remember laughing at that one. I had too much pent up power in my putt. I know you didnt dude but you're my bestie and I wanted to not have those wtc holes.

I never once not had fun bro. That was never an issue. I think every bad shot we hit, we just laughed at each other lol. Even if we were pissed haha. I just wanted to be able to take some pressure off you as the round wore on. We both were hot early.

This whole prep thing is awesome but I'm not putting the pressure I did. I'm hitting way less balls but spending more time practicing. If we ever get on a scramble team with your bro, I reckon we'd be lethal.

this is what I am talking about ...i dont think anyone should over stress the prep. I think it will hender your game for TMC if you do. I can name a few folks that would agree.

Got dang multiquote... My browser sucks...

Ike - Completely agree dude. It takes the experience away if you're stressing. When you sit back and think how awesome this is, no stress should cross the mind!

Hawk - Same here dude. I just think about taking nice divots and throwing them at internetgolfer, dean and chunky for ignoring me in the Callaway feedback thread. I could post a video of me hitting the Razr X Blacks and they wouldn't get it.

Seth - You're gonna be in top shape come the MC buddy. I love it!

Dear short game area, please open.

Is anybody else just not thinking a lot about the MC at all while they are doing this prep? I know I'm posting it all here, but it could just as easily go in our old thread. I'm just enjoying learning some things and hope to be a better golfer in general. I figure I will play how I play in July, improved or not. Probably will hit some stinkers and some good ones. I'm just excited to get my tour pro experience on and hopefully I can swear loudly like Jake after making a sweet putt.

I'm right there with ya Hawk. The one bit of advice I appreciate the most was from fellow Hacker One-T when he told us not to stress too much about the prep. Stressing too much will just lead to frustration during the tournament when you have a bad hole, and it will lead to more bad holes. Just going out and having fun is what this is about, and he made sure to point out that the guys that put too much pressure on themselves during the last MC were the ones who said afterward that they wish they would have not stressed so much about it. My main goal is just to improve the best I can, because that is the only thing I can control in this tournament.

Ike - Completely agree dude. It takes the experience away if you're stressing. When you sit back and think how awesome this is, no stress should cross the mind!

Hawk - Same here dude. I just think about taking nice divots and throwing them at internetgolfer, dean and chunky for ignoring me in the Callaway feedback thread. I could post a video of me hitting the Razr X Blacks and they wouldn't get it.

Dude I saw your Callaway feedback! Don't be throwing divots at me, thats not a very nice thing to say.

Dude I saw your Callaway feedback! Don't be throwing divots at me, thats not a very nice thing to say.

don't worry dude, Tmex is harmless

LOL... crinkles dude.

Back