Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

2nd driver came in, so I reshafted the 1st one with the Miyazaki Kusala White. Testing commences tomorrow.

Thanks for the numbers JB. Seems like a very solid driver. I'm pretty intrigued by the Kusala white with it.

Thanks for those numbers JB, that's what I wanted to see. I tend to hit the ball pretty high, that's one of the reasons this driver has my attention so much, the lower spin might help me get a more ideal ball flight.

I wanna hit this thing really bad, I just have a feeling this could be the exact club I need.

Thanks for doing that JB. The kasula white should put a big smile on your face.

--
tapatalk

Thanks for doing that JB. The kasula white should put a big smile on your face.

--
tapatalk

It very well could, although I have to say, the standard shaft did too. Those are about as close to perfect for me numbers wise as I have ever had.

How do those compare to your numbers with the Clevelad Black?

2nd driver came in, so I reshafted the 1st one with the Miyazaki Kusala White. Testing commences tomorrow.

That sounds sweet, I can't wait.

It very well could, although I have to say, the standard shaft did too. Those are about as close to perfect for me numbers wise as I have ever had.

True. Still hoping it gives you a bit more carry while maintaining the other data points.

I tried to search for the numbers you posted on the black, but couldn't find them.
This one is still a Spring release correct?

Love the info and hard data! Can't wait to hear about the results with the White.

I tried to search for the numbers you posted on the black, but couldn't find them.
This one is still a Spring release correct?

Yes, it is still a Spring launch.

Thanks JB, I appreciate the info and I'm looking toward to the your results with the new shaft.

I drool every single time I think of this driver.....

I don't know which one I am more excited for, the Black or the Classic. Both look awesome, guess it will come down to which one performs best.

I don't know which one I am more excited for, the Black or the Classic. Both look awesome, guess it will come down to which one performs best.
I am with you on this one INgolfer. I like the looks of both, and can't wait to hit both for myself.

The Classic is just looking yummy!

If I were going by looks alone I would definitely go with the classic. I love the look they created with modern day technology. But reading the Black driver reviews in the other thread it just sounds like it is a beast! Something tells me the classic driver wont be a slouch in the performance department though, Cleveland sure knows how to make a driver perform. I can't wait to get my hands on their new drivers this year and put them to the test.

Yesterday I was able to put this driver on the launch monitor and wanted to show the numbers I was getting since people were asking for them. 20 golf balls were hit and these were the averages of the session provided by the AccuSport VectorX

Swing Speed - 104
Ball Speed - 148
Launch Angle - 11.2
Spin - 2998
Carry - 247
Side Spin - 210

I was hitting the ball pretty well and the numbers are really close to my ideal numbers so they say. I still prefer the launch angle and spin to be a tad higher for me to increase carry, because we dont get any roll down in my neck of the woods, but that is a personal and geographical thing.

Those are some nice numbers and could really do well for people that play in roll-friendly conditions. It will be interesting to see how the Kusala works for you too.

So a different shaft could give a higher launch correct? I struggle with low ball flight while hitting driver.

That is correct. It could as well as a higher spinning head, more loft, etc.

Why is it that the "Old" stuff looks soooo much better than the new stuff!! If it performs as good as it looks well that is something!

JB, I know you said this is lower spin, and lower launch than your Cleveland Black, but is it considered a "low spin/low launch" driver?

I think I would definitely have to try this with different shafts to see which one would give me the desired launch/spin. I have never really had a driver with low launch and spin so I don't know how well I would like it. For once I would have to get fitted for a correct shaft instead of buying the stock shaft offering so I could get the desired flight

Back