The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Golfshot GPS has just been updated to record every distance of every swing with every club in your bag! Then you can look at the average distances as well!!!

Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see Golfshot GPS has just been updated to record every distance of every swing with every club in your bag! Then you can look at the average distances as well!!!

Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a cool feature, may have to switch back from Golf Logix because of that feature.

I dont know anybody else that has a Iphone let alone running IOS5, I am loving it so far but really want to use iMessage, is it that much different

I dont know anybody else that has a Iphone let alone running IOS5, I am loving it so far but really want to use iMessage, is it that much different

Is it much different? No. Is it extremely fast? Yes. Plus being able to message folks on ipods and ipads is pretty cool, IMO.

Is it much different? No. Is it extremely fast? Yes. Plus being able to message folks on ipods and ipads is pretty cool, IMO.
Yep, I gotta' go with W.E. on this..He convinced me a page or two ago that it was cool and it is........

And when you're on the wifi its even faster.

To iMessage someone on an iPod from an iPhone, do both need to be on wifi? Or could I use 3G with my iPhone to message someone on an iPod on wifi?

To iMessage someone on an iPod from an iPhone, do both need to be on wifi? Or could I use 3G with my iPhone to message someone on an iPod on wifi?
You can use your phone as normal, the iPod would need to be attached to a WiFi Network... Similar to how Apple used the Find My iPhone app to locate iPods and WiFi iPads.

You can use your phone as normal, the iPod would need to be attached to a WiFi Network... Similar to how Apple used the Find My iPhone app to locate iPods and WiFi iPads.

Oh okay. Thanks.

Yep, I gotta' go with W.E. on this..He convinced me a page or two ago that it was cool and it is........

Glad I can be so convincing!

For anyone that has a 4S and that has been enjoying Siri, you guys should enjoy this site:

Sh!t Siri Says

Oh man, that website is hilarious!

I love the iMessage functionality on the iPhone but I really wish they'd integrate it with iChat. I've got group messages going between a number of people and man would it ever be easier if I could transition my conversations to my macbook once I am home and hanging out.

Stil loving many of the somewhat subtle changes they made. Notification bar is sweet, but I've found that the notifications that pop on the top of the screen while using the phone might be my favourite feature.

You have to tell Siri that you need to hide a body...it's funny

Just got a Verizon upgrade ordered for the iPhone 4S leaving my Droid 2 and I'm pretty excited about being able to integrate apps and content since I'm an iPad user. Golfshot GPS looks very promising and my Bushnell Neo might sit on the shelf next season.

Just got a Verizon upgrade ordered for the iPhone 4S leaving my Droid 2 and I'm pretty excited about being able to integrate apps and content since I'm an iPad user. Golfshot GPS looks very promising and my Bushnell Neo might sit on the shelf next season.

IMO, Golfshot is the best GPS app out there. Easy to use and being without it for roughly 2 months really sucked.

IMO, Golfshot is the best GPS app out there. Easy to use and being without it for roughly 2 months really sucked.
Love Golfshot app. I can't say (this is personal opinion) that I trust yardages 100% - 100% of the time, but overall, I love having the distances from everything on the hole laid out in front of me. Just knowing I must hit it 146 to carry the frontside bunker is a a plus over knowing the pin is 161 away.

Everything is right there immediately. Love it.

Spank, have you ever shot a laser to check the distances (+/-) as compared to the iPhone Golfshot app?

Love Golfshot app. I can't say (this is personal opinion) that I trust yardages 100% - 100% of the time, but overall, I love having the distances from everything on the hole laid out in front of me. Just knowing I must hit it 146 to carry the frontside bunker is a a plus over knowing the pin is 161 away.

Everything is right there immediately. Love it.

Spank, have you ever shot a laser to check the distances (+/-) as compared to the iPhone Golfshot app?

I am not Spank, but I use both. I have noticed that the Golfshot app can be around 5 yd off sometimes. That is close enough for me. I tend to use it for layups and hazard info.

On another note, has anybody tried the new update out. Were you can measure all of your club distances. Awesome!

I am not Spank, but I use both. I have noticed that the Golfshot app can be around 5 yd off sometimes. That is close enough for me. I tend to use it for layups and hazard info.

On another note, has anybody tried the new update out. Were you can measure all of your club distances. Awesome!
Thanks...you don't have to be Spank! LOL. I'm good with 5 yards (+/-) as my game is prolly (+/-) 15!:egyptian:

I'll check the club distances out. Thanks!!!

Speaking of new to me: Has anybody tried the Golfscape portion of the Golfshot app? I think it charges you $9.99 for a "birdseye" view of the hole and looks pretty cool.

Speaking of new to me: Has anybody tried the Golfscape portion of the Golfshot app? I think it charges you $9.99 for a "birdseye" view of the hole and looks pretty cool.

Yes and I love it. Both apps are great. My VP showed them to me last week in Atlanta during our scramble. I'll be getting both once my new computer arrives at the house...long story don't ask

Yes and I love it. Both apps are great. My VP showed them to me last week in Atlanta during our scramble. I'll be getting both once my new computer arrives at the house...long story don't ask
We didn't take out any "Kongfrustration" from the bar the other night did we?!? Kidding... I thought the Golfscape portion was absolutely cool looking. Thanks!

About time GolfShot got club tracking. It was my only complaint. Sure, it takes some time to update every once in a while, but with a good 3G connection it is pretty fast 99% of the time on my 3GS and 95-99% accurate. I am usually within a yard of guys who have stand alone golf GPS units. For $30 one time on a device I already carry vs. $130+ for a stand alone unit to worry about I'm fine with 1 yard difference. But if you eyes tell you that it is wrong go with you instinct. I've had it get stuck a full club or two off of where I really was - good thing I can still remember how to step of distances from fairway markers. :)

I just went from the original Droid to the iPhone 4 and updated it to the ios5. Its my first iphone and I'm liking it so far. Haven't really downloaded a lot of apps yet. So I will be playing around with it

I am looking for a good cycling app so I can see how fast I am going and how far I ride. It looks like Cyclemeter and MotionX are the two most popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back