The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on wifi the whole way, I never go to AP mode

Settings-general-accessibility-custom vibrations. This will allow you to change the vibrate if you want. You can also customize at the bottom of that page. Also on the weather app, if you tap the screen it will give you the hourly temp to.

When you turn on AP mode it shuts off everything. But you can go back into settings, wifi, and turn wifi back on and stay in AP mode.

I know how AP mode works, but in my frequent travels, I need to use AP mode to keep from roaming. You an use wifi on AP mode, and I was hoping this would enable imessaging as well. But it didnt.

Can't you disable roaming on your phone

I thought it was only data roaming, not satellites. But then there is a Cellular Data that states

Turnn off cellular data to restrict all data to wifi.

Does that make me not be able to make calls? Because thats what I want.

I know how AP mode works, but in my frequent travels, I need to use AP mode to keep from roaming. You an use wifi on AP mode, and I was hoping this would enable imessaging as well. But it didnt.

Yeah that stinks. Can you imessage from a wifi only ipad with ios5?

Then the phone should work with just wifi? Am I right in my logic?

Logic is correct. iMessage works on an iPod w/ wifi only, so it should work on an iPhone on airplane mode with wifi only.

Yeah that stinks. Can you imessage from a wifi only ipad with ios5?

Yep. I was using iMessage on my iPhone and then started using my iPad. The conversation continued on my iPad. It's pretty cool.

~Don't drink and tapatalk~

It is wrong that I get a little excited when the text message turns blue? It's like a mini F - you to ATT with every text message sent.

Yeah it's exciting regardless of the carrier you're on. I think i pee a little... Every time.

Even better when you are using it on an iPad. Just hopped on a plane, and my entire conversation from my iPhone popped up on the blue bubbles on my iPad, love it.

Wow...you are a little more excited than I am. Still glad to have ya aboard the iMessage train

Yeah it's exciting regardless of the carrier you're on. I think i pee a little... Every time.

Nobody likes a bragger WE

Even better when you are using it on an iPad. Just hopped on a plane, and my entire conversation from my iPhone popped up on the blue bubbles on my iPad, love it.

Nobody likes a bragger WE

LOL, sorry 'bout that. But I am just amazed that my entire conversation pops up on the iPad for me, and I dont miss a beat.

I saw a couple of screen caps on the apple site. It looks really cool on the ipad. I may have to ponder an ipad 3 to the add to the Mac line up.

LOL, sorry 'bout that. But I am just amazed that my entire conversation pops up on the iPad for me, and I dont miss a beat.

How does it do that? Is it because they're synched to the same computer?

They are all registered to same itunes account.

Ruh roh. My mom's iPad and my iPhone are registered to the same account, but not the same computer. Nobody tell her that iOS 5 exists please. :D

So it seems the Imessage is like BBM, if so we should get some THP banter going.

So it seems the Imessage is like BBM, if so we should get some THP banter going.

Do people THP, outside of THP?

Ruh roh. My mom's iPad and my iPhone are registered to the same account, but not the same computer. Nobody tell her that iOS 5 exists please. :D

Yeah I have to set up an account for the wife so we don't share messages. But if your mom upgrades she will get all of your texts.

Yeah I have to set up an account for the wife so we don't share messages. But if your mom upgrades she will get all of your texts.

Looks like I'll be making my own account now. Thanks for the heads up before it's too late. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back