Morgan Cup 2.0 - Is Official

Status
Not open for further replies.
The MC is about so much more than just the competition IMO. It encompasses what THP is all about. If you can make the handicap cutoff, you are welcome. The only way to disappoint is to not do your part. Everybody understands that we are all at different levels. In all honesty, could I compete with TC, JB or Jake? Not at the moment, but everybody understands that and nobody expects a 13 handicap to take down a low single digit without getting strokes, but there will be somebody else there that is around the same level as me that I can compete with who will mess up just like me. It is not about how good you are, it is about how good you can compete against your direct competition during the day, but after it is over, there is merriment because we are all friends in the end.

Great post Seth, that is exactly what the MC is about. My handicap is around 11 right now, do I think I can go out and beat a low handicapper right now? Not sure, but would love to make a run at it. Especially with a 2 man best ball format, that would be fun, and playing with better golfers only makes you better.

You said it well, at the end of the day, we are all friends. Well said.

The MC is about so much more than just the competition IMO. It encompasses what THP is all about. If you can make the handicap cutoff, you are welcome. The only way to disappoint is to not do your part. Everybody understands that we are all at different levels. In all honesty, could I compete with TC, JB or Jake? Not at the moment, but everybody understands that and nobody expects a 13 handicap to take down a low single digit without getting strokes, but there will be somebody else there that is around the same level as me that I can compete with who will mess up just like me. It is not about how good you are, it is about how good you can compete against your direct competition during the day, but after it is over, there is merriment because we are all friends in the end.
Good post man, I really hope that everything that is the Morgan Cup really stands out more so than just the competition side of it which is just a very very small piece of it. It was funny, there were a few people pretty into the competition last time but the second we all arrived in Orlando you literally forgot all about that and it was just great times with good friends and everyone just enjoyed the experience.

Good post man, I really hope that everything that is the Morgan Cup really stands out more so than just the competition side of it which is just a very very small piece of it. It was funny, there were a few people pretty into the competition last time but the second we all arrived in Orlando you literally forgot all about that and it was just great times with good friends and everyone just enjoyed the experience.

I'm hardcore about competition Puttin4dontgetweakonmefriend.... Haha.

I'm hardcore about competition Puttin4dontgetweakonmefriend.... Haha.
Don't ever mistake my tender pre-competition posts as weakness. I'm just trying lure in unsuspecting fools so we can eat their faces.

I'll tear the heart out of my best friend and make him putt a 2 footer in the heat of battle.

Don't ever mistake my tender pre-competition posts as weakness. I'm just trying lure in unsuspecting fools so we can eat their faces.

I'll tear the heart out of my best friend and make him putt a 2 footer in the heat of battle.

Same here !!!! But if I don't get the opportunity to force them to putt it out, I'll say I would've even though I didnt earlier in the match ;) Just pickin. OEM and I had a very strict rule on putting out. I'm humbled to be able to eat faces along side you again my friend.

I was the only one to carry a 5 hybrid. In fact, if you look at all the iron choices.... DDec and I were the only ones who played GI irons on the Callaway side. Kinda funny too because I thought more would. I think you could put those that chose the R11's there too it just depends on how you look at them.

Noone cares what you shoot, as long as you're trying. I usually shoot high 80's and I ended up losing to OEM on the last hole of our epic match. I think we tied at that point even in stroke play. I wasn't in the high 80's and if I remember correctly it was 95.

It is great that you posted this Yoccos. I think a lot of people thought everyone at TMC 1.0 went really low, and that can be intimidating for a higher handicapper.

I just want a good-good off of the first tee so that I can avoid teeing off in front of everybody. Real competition can start on the 2nd hole, right?

WTF happened to you last night? Dude, taking me on and standing a chance are two different things. You're gonna need a lot more than a swing overhaul, I can tell you that much.

I think you should lobby for some decent golfers on your team instead. I will also make fun of your rusty wedges.

I didn't say I would win!!

Same here !!!! But if I don't get the opportunity to force them to putt it out, I'll say I would've even though I didnt earlier in the match ;) Just pickin. OEM and I had a very strict rule on putting out. I'm humbled to be able to eat faces along side you again my friend.
I'm ready to eat faces now, imagine how we'll be after having to wait another 9 months or so possibly!

My only regret from MC 1.0 is that I wish TC would have missed that 2 footer I made him putt on 15. I'm kidding, I should have never made him putt it, I regret that. But I knew he was going to make it and not only win that hole but the next to get back to all square....I knew it, could see it in his eyes. Damn Luke is a fierce competitor.

It is great that you posted this Yoccos. I think a lot of people thought everyone at TMC 1.0 went really low, and that can be intimidating for a higher handicapper.

Yeah lol. I thought everyone did too, I mean there were some really good scores but it's so hard to describe without being in the moment. You're not playing strokes (well I dont know what the format will be this time) so it's a different ballgame. I was intimidated and it led me to do somethings I probably wouldnt have if I was doing my norm.

I just want a good-good off of the first tee so that I can avoid teeing off in front of everybody. Real competition can start on the 2nd hole, right?

Lol. The first tee shot is a mix of pure bliss and hand shaking nervousness. It's incredible.

I'm ready to eat faces now, imagine how we'll be after having to wait another 9 months or so possibly!

My only regret from MC 1.0 is that I wish TC would have missed that 2 footer I made him putt on 15. I'm kidding, I should have never made him putt it, I regret that. But I knew he was going to make it and not only win that hole but the next to get back to all square....I knew it, could see it in his eyes. Damn Luke is a fierce competitor.

Hahaha... I definitely wasn't referring to you my football wielding friend! But hey, we're all friends and sometimes that's what friends do. We have confidence in each others abilities :)

That's actually a genius plan....but it won't work out. Part of the greatness of the event is trying to see if you can swing a club when your leg won't stop shaking and your palms are sweating like that. Bring some dish gloves, they'll help you grip the club to make sure you don't let it fly down the fairway, that would be humiliating!

That's actually a genius plan....but it won't work out. Part of the greatness of the event is trying to see if you can swing a club when your leg won't stop shaking and your palms are sweating like that. Bring some dish gloves, they'll help you grip the club to make sure you don't let it fly down the fairway, that would be humiliating!

I pray for the opportunity to experience this.

wasnt it Jrod that put that sticky stuff on his glove hand? hahahahaha

he was so nervous it was funny

I like when you get hungry Jake....save some for me

I think the level of nerves at the MC can't really be comprehended unless you participate. I can kind of understand because I was there, but I never had to hit a shot. I don't know how DeanDec did it, being the first ever shot at the first ever MC.

bwuahahahaha! I was a little angered by that.

Hahaha... I definitely wasn't referring to you my football wielding friend! But hey, we're all friends and sometimes that's what friends do. We have confidence in each others abilities :)

that made me laugh. I'm bring Jake a football helmet for MC 2.0

Boy - I don't know if I could handle this MC2.0. There are going to be some serious golfers there. I would do everything I could not to embarrass myself with GI irons and a 5 hybrid.

Look at my bag in my sig, I played a 5-hybrid as well as irons that a lot of people would call GI irons. There will definitely be some low handicappers in this tournament, but THP did a pretty good job of balancing things out in the first Morgan Cup, I'd expect the same to happen in MC 2.0.

I think the level of nerves at the MC can't really be comprehended unless you participate. I can kind of understand because I was there, but I never had to hit a shot. I don't know how DeanDec did it, being the first ever shot at the first ever MC.

Adrenaline, deep breathing, and maybe a shot of something strong from the walk to the tee from the range?

Adrenaline, deep breathing, and maybe a shot of something strong from the walk to the tee from the range?

I would say it was something along those lines haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back