Android Phone Thread

Picked up the sensation yesterday and tapatalk thus morning! Very imported thus far! It is Superfast! might consider renaming it...

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

AutoCorrect strikes again! :)

Im ready to take back my Infuse 4G already. I talked briefly on it yesterday morning. It sat till lunch time when I used Tapatalk for 10 minutes max. Tried to use googl maps to find an At&t store before giving up. Then it sat till I left at 5PM. The batter was yellow and almost dead on my way home. And theres some many more clicks and touching. Tapatalk blows compared to the iPhone version. Im in love with the huge screen but pretty much everything else is a huge let down.

AutoCorrect strikes again! :)

Doh! Seriously! Not loving this version of swype though...

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Im ready to take back my Infuse 4G already. I talked briefly on it yesterday morning. It sat till lunch time when I used Tapatalk for 10 minutes max. Tried to use googl maps to find an At&t store before giving up. Then it sat till I left at 5PM. The batter was yellow and almost dead on my way home. And theres some many more clicks and touching. Tapatalk blows compared to the iPhone version. Im in love with the huge screen but pretty much everything else is a huge let down.

I got one word to describe battery loss but can't say it here haha

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

With concerns to battery life...how strong of a 4G signal did you have?

---
- ...just tap it in...

ive resorted to disabling HSDPA during the day to get a full day out of my battery.

HTC desire with gingerbread..

oh, and finally got K9 mail to work well, i had mistakingly set up my account as pop rather than IMAP... oops.

don't worry bro....iphone 5 shall save you

I disable the following unless I need them:

4g
Gps
WiFi
Bluetooth
Background data.

Enabling and disabling when needed has made a huge difference in battery life.

Also use advanced task killer to make sure there processes just don't keep running all the time. Performance without
4g is fast.

tap on deez

Since my reload (and removal of hacked apps), my Epic 4g has run like a dream! Running android 2.2 stock (un rooted).

Battery life also seems to have improved vastly. I unplugged my phone at 9am this morning and it is at.....88% now with normal usage.

I disable the following unless I need them:

4g
Gps
WiFi
Bluetooth
Background data.

Enabling and disabling when needed has made a huge difference in battery life.

Also use advanced task killer to make sure there processes just don't keep running all the time. Performance without
4g is fast.

tap on deez

I loved my HTC Incredible, but the fact that I had to turn off a lot of the features just so I could have longer battery life drove me back to the iPhone.

I loved my HTC Incredible, but the fact that I had to turn off a lot of the features just so I could have longer battery life drove me back to the iPhone.

I agree. I just don't need a lot of them the majority of the time. 4g for me just endlessly searches for network and burns up battery..

Bingo. With my iPhone I dont turn anything off and it only runs out of battery with heavy usage. I find it crazy to have to turn off every single connection just to make it through a day. Android is strange like that. I keep hearing how Android manages itself so well but if it did why is battery life so bad? The bluetooth connection for my car just deleted itself altogether lol. wtf? Dumb sh*t like that drives me nuts. Tapatalk sucks too. I keep trying to pull the screen down to update oh wait, Android doesnt have that feature. Maybe Im jumping the gun and it will improve but yesterday's dead battery by 3PM was all Tina's fault and unacceptable. This thing might be going back as soon as I return from the MC with the trophy.

I agree. I just don't need a lot of them the majority of the time. 4g for me just endlessly searches for network and burns up battery..

Mine seems to work fine downtown. Yours is always searching?

Mine seems to work fine downtown. Yours is always searching?

I think it inferently just cycles through looking for network or bandwidth. Honestly, I dont even use it and my device is speedy.

Bingo. With my iPhone I dont turn anything off and it only runs out of battery with heavy usage. I find it crazy to have to turn off every single connection just to make it through a day. Android is strange like that. I keep hearing how Android manages itself so well but if it did why is battery life so bad? The bluetooth connection for my car just deleted itself altogether lol. wtf? Dumb sh*t like that drives me nuts. Tapatalk sucks too. I keep trying to pull the screen down to update oh wait, Android doesnt have that feature. Maybe Im jumping the gun and it will improve but yesterday's dead battery by 3PM was all Tina's fault and unacceptable. This thing might be going back as soon as I return from the MC with the trophy.

Yes sir. Having a phone where I had to keep features off just to last a day irritated me to no end. 6 hours on a charge wasn't cutting it.

---
- ...just tap it in...

Yes sir. Having a phone where I had to keep features off just to last a day irritated me to no end. 6 hours on a charge wasn't cutting it.

---
- ...just tap it in...

Another thing too are the widgets. For every widget you use..that app will run. If you use a task killer periodically, you can kill the processes.

Believe me, it hasn't always been fun. But it is pretty good these days as far as batter life..

Another thing too are the widgets. For every widget you use..that app will run. If you use a task killer periodically, you can kill the processes.

Believe me, it hasn't always been fun. But it is pretty good these days as far as batter life..

I keep checking ATK and apps like ESPN Scorecenter keep opening. I keep killing them but they always come back. Not sure what that is all about. Facebook too. Apps that Ive checked to make sure they dont have a setting for updating themselves. Strange thing is today my battery is way better then yesterday.

I keep checking ATK and apps like ESPN Scorecenter keep opening. I keep killing them but they always come back. Not sure what that is all about. Facebook too. Apps that Ive checked to make sure they dont have a setting for updating themselves. Strange thing is today my battery is way better then yesterday.

Yeah. It is pretty annoying at first. Basically. I have deleted all widgets from my screens except. Internet, Messages, GMAIL, People, GPS, WIFI, Bluetoodth, and 4G, the calendar, and the media player.

All the other preloaded widgets are gone. They are all still available in the app list if I want them. If they are one of your screens, they will start up and run again. turning off background data is the biggest help.

Yeah. It is pretty annoying at first. Basically. I have deleted all widgets from my screens except. Internet, Messages, GMAIL, People, GPS, WIFI, Bluetoodth, and 4G, the calendar, and the media player.

All the other preloaded widgets are gone. They are all still available in the app list if I want them. If they are one of your screens, they will start up and run again. turning off background data is the biggest help.

Have you guys tried running Juice Defender? It isn't magic, there will always be battery life concerns with phones like this, but it seems to help me with my EVO.

Have you guys tried running Juice Defender? It isn't magic, there will always be battery life concerns with phones like this, but it seems to help me with my EVO.

I run System Tuner. Works ok for me. Battery lasts a whole day!

Bonk,

Are you using the free or pro version? Also have you rooted? Just curious. Thanks.

tap tap tap...

Last edited:
Bonk,

Are you using the free or pro version? Also have you rooted? Just curious. Thanks.

tap tap tap...

Rooted? I may have done that last week, but unsure.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Bonk,

tap tap tap...

I'm using the free version. No, I'm not rooted. I have some friends that have rooted their Droids on Gingerbread with iffy results. I upgraded my EVO to Gingerbread a couple of weeks ago and have experienced a few bugs (mostly calendar issues).

2 words

Juice Defender

Back